Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 17/18 HAL Round 09 | Newcastle Jets v Melbourne City| Sat 2nd Dec 2017 7:50pm

Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    Missing too many players was always going to be a tough ask. Despite the injury list we really did make city look like a bunch of chumps in that first half.

Lost our way in the 2nd and it is clear that Ernie does not trust the full extent of the squad..

Can honestly see some comings and goings in January.
    me too. dimi being one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Champness and Hoff were having no impact and he still waited too long to make any changes
    Johnny K should have been hooked before Hoffman - he was honking in the 2nd half. He as very solid in the first half though.

But in saying that I have no issues with any of the players last night. Any team with as many key players out as we have would have struggled.

Instead, the team put on a magnificent 1st half display which might otherwise have given us a 3 goal lead at half time.

It wasn't to be - a few lapses of concentration are to be expected with such a young and by no means our best team on the park.

We move on, we learn from it, and know that last nights loss was still a thousand times better than the shit Stubbins, Miller, and Jones gave us every week.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 03-12-2017 at 10:20 AM.

So shitty decide to play 1 decent game and against us. They are whores to other teams

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Johnny K should have been hooked before Hoffman - he was honking in the 2nd half. He as very solid in the first half though.

But in saying that I have no issues with any of the players last night. Any team with as many key players out as we have would have struggled.

Instead, the team put on a magnificent 1st half display which might otherwise have given us a 3 goal lead at half time.

It wasn't to be - a few lapses of concentration are to be expected with such a young and by no means our best team on the park.

We move on, we learn from it, and know that last nights loss was still a thousand times better than the shit Stubbins, Miller, and Jones gave us every week.
    I think thats right, the first 35 minutes were brilliant (much like the second half of the Sydney game) and we could have had the game locked away on any other night.

Second half was showing a lack of experience. I won't call it lack of depth as the players showed for the first 35 minutes that they could play. Lots to look forward to with this squad, particularly when players start to return.

Nabbout being taken down in the box looked very simiar to the penalty call that City got, anyone seen the replay? Not a fan of that ref though, always seems to stooge us.

Some of the stuff in the first half was excellent, and it wasn't just hard and fast counter attacking either. We were holding possession, passing it round and still creating plenty of opportunities. I think the lack of experience combined with the sucker punch of that penalty probably threw us off for the second half. Still, for the amount of injuries we have and the amount of young players out there, pretty good performance. Bouzanis got lucky on a couple of those saves (thinking Champness' one on one and Dimis left from an acute angle), if we have score another goal or two it could have ended up another comfortable win.

Banned
    Why everyone keep saying we had a young side out there??

Kanta Topor Moss Boogaard Hoffman

All have been playing in the HAL for over 10 years

Dimi has been playing in it for 7 years
    Nabbout has been playing in it for 4-5 years
    Sugar has been playing in it for a few years

That ****ing 8/11 of the starting side who ain't even close to rookies

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Why everyone keep saying we had a young side out there??
    because Ernie is too nice to (rightly) put this loss on Boogaard.

Sometimes I wish Miller was still in charge, can you imaging the press conference it would have been amazing