Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 17/18 HAL Round 10 | Perth Glory v Newcastle Jets| Sat 9th Dec 2017 10:00pm

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    chelsea v west ham is on. enjoy the shambles boys.
    we back!!!!
    Plague stops watching.

We win.

Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Plague stops watching.

We win.

Discuss.
    actually may have cracked the formula.

turned EPL onto the jumbotron, had Jerks on the computer (on silent). saw Johnny k's finish but to be honest i only saw the ball go in the net for the winner but they flashed to someones face on the Jets and he looked cranky so i immediately assumed (naturally) that we had conceded. During all this my VPN wouldnt let me access beIn NZ to watch the other game so i was just blowing up all over the place. Think it was a full few minutes before i realised we had won.

in that few minutes i had thought up so many Boogaard hot takes but it just means ill have to save them for next week when he cocks it up all again.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

So Johnny K, Ugabooga, Petratos and Roy will all be going to the World Cup with the Socceroos next year.

Our only hope of keeping them here for our Asian Champions League group games will be if Gypo Arnold gets the national team gig cause you know he aint picking any of our blokes.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Two years in a row I have gone to bed early for a Perth game with the shits and woken up to a nice surprise.
    Luck balances out, we picked up last weeks three points.

Plague

Things to note from this game

We now 8 points off last place now

The Perth goal was Boogaard fault
    Topor wasn't marking his man as he over covering the prospect of Boogaard ****ing up again and giving away a pen Oggy or red card etc

How good is Johnny K??
    Thought I was watching Ibra

We gonna win the league. It our year boys
    You'll find Vjuica didnt track the run of knowles very well
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Boogaard was marking the space in between Topors man and the sideline.

You’ll note that the bit of grass he was marking didn’t score so he had every right to do his usual thing and blame everyone else.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    What the **** you on about

Boogaard doing his usual

Makes Topor nervous

Moves in field leaving his man to back Boogaard up and save the team etc

Problem is King Vuj didn't get the memo to track Topor s man

Simple solution drop Boogaard

Causing chaos in the backline

The cause of Perths goal was Hoffmann shithouse pass that went straight to the opposition causing them to counter attack.

i thought we were pretty poor last night. the press wasn't particularly good, we seemed to be playing far too narrow, kanta and uga were anonymous and honestly, what does ernie see in brown? is it just a lack of depth forcing him to play him?

BUT...

it is fantastic to see them keep going for the full 90+ minutes. ernie has really got them believing that they are always in the game, and that they are good enough to win from any point. full credit to them for playing like they'd never seen a football and still bobbing up to win the bloody thing.

italiano looks like a cocky little shit (the repeated accidental kicking the ball away from our players trying to pick the ball up to take a throw in was particularly annoying), and it was fantastic to see him give up the chase to let johnny have his shot. he's got skills though, so hope he improves and blows the world apart as a socceroo.

and the hurt in harnwell's voice when we scored was fantastic to hear. i know it's a bloody long way to perth, but surely fox can get somebody that is even remotely neutral to call the matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    The cause of Perths goal was Hoffmann shithouse pass that went straight to the opposition causing them to counter attack.
    This and attempted under instruction from the one of the worst visa players this club has ever given a shirt to.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    one of the worst visa players this club has ever given a shirt to.
    i don't know man, we have given a few of those out in the past.

Brown and boogs need to go desperately

Thoughts from the eastern stand last night:
    1. Brown is honestly a terrible, terrible footballer
    2. Hoffman could've easily had 2 assists in the first half if O'Donovan was out there. Kept getting space and decent balls in
    3. How good is O'Donovan. Just makes things happen
    4. Thank god for the late kickoff. Was a humid stinker
    Last edited by sh10; 10-12-2017 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    i don't know man, we have given a few of those out in the past.
    I know we have but at the end of the day Brown as a visa spot who must and should be adding value too this squad and he is not, not by any measure. He needs to be told that if he wishes to play football then he needs to move on because the closest he is going to get a game is from the stands in future here at the Jets. This club and the squad more importantly has begun to move on from the cluster it has been over the last couple of seasons and that must continue including Brown and pref in Jan.

If the club and light man are fair dink about ACL then this situation we find ourselves in at present is as good as any they and we could have hoped for. Second on the ladder, free up some squad space and utilize all our foreign spots on quality in January the return of Vargas and we are in with a real shake of ACL not withstanding the extra load on the smurfs come there ACL period. January will really provide us with an insight in to just how much the Jets want to play ACL football.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post

it is fantastic to see them keep going for the full 90+ minutes. ernie has really got them believing that they are always in the game, and that they are good enough to win from any point. full credit to them for playing like they'd never seen a football and still bobbing up to win the bloody thing.
    This

Banned
    I know we have but at the end of the day Brown as a visa spot who must and should be adding value too this squad and he is not, not by any measure. He needs to be told that if he wishes to play football then he needs to move on because the closest he is going to get a game is from the stands in future here at the Jets. This club and the squad more importantly has begun to move on from the cluster it has been over the last couple of seasons and that must continue including Brown and pref in Jan.

If the club and light man are fair dink about ACL then this situation we find ourselves in at present is as good as any they and we could have hoped for. Second on the ladder, free up some squad space and utilize all our foreign spots on quality in January the return of Vargas and we are in with a real shake of ACL not withstanding the extra load on the smurfs come there ACL period. January will really provide us with an insight in to just how much the Jets want to play ACL football.
    What do you mean a real shake for the ACL??

We are a real shake for the toilet seat FFS

Believe the hype

What do you mean a real shake for the ACL??

We are a real shake for the toilet seat FFS

Believe the hype
    Agreed. Teams are now scared shitless of our ability to score goals from practicality nothing even when we have little to no posession.

oh i totally agree he needs to go, but you are talking about a team that has previously hosted jardel, donny de groot, edmundo zura.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    actually may have cracked the formula.

turned EPL onto the jumbotron, had Jerks on the computer (on silent). saw Johnny k's finish but to be honest i only saw the ball go in the net for the winner but they flashed to someones face on the Jets and he looked cranky so i immediately assumed (naturally) that we had conceded. During all this my VPN wouldnt let me access beIn NZ to watch the other game so i was just blowing up all over the place. Think it was a full few minutes before i realised we had won.

in that few minutes i had thought up so many Boogaard hot takes but it just means ill have to save them for next week when he cocks it up all again.

Brilliant, can you keep doing that for all our away games for the rest of the season ?

Hey, maybe do it for the home games too

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Brilliant, can you keep doing that for all our away games for the rest of the season ?

Hey, maybe do it for the home games too
    scariest part was it was my first saturday night off the booze in about 10 years and this shit happened.
    Seems like I am WRONG