Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 17/18 HAL Round 12 | Newcastle Jets v WS Wanderers | Fri 22nd Dec 2017 07:50pm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Agree. This team are ruthless
    I wouldn't say ruthless

Nabbout should have had how many last night??

I thought we should have put more on them than 4 such was the disparity between the two sides performance

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I wouldn't say ruthless

Nabbout should have had how many last night??

I thought we should have put more on them than 4 such was the disparity between the two sides performance
    Relentless?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

The Jets set a new 10-game club record last night,. They've earned 22 points from a possible 30 in their last 10 games. This beat the old mark of 21, which we achieved a few times.

Also it's the first time since the days of Taggz we have won 3 in a row.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    The Jets set a new 10-game club record last night,. They've earned 22 points from a possible 30 in their last 10 games. This beat the old mark of 21, which we achieved a few times.

Also it's the first time since the days of Taggz we have won 3 in a row.
    Not to mention that 12 games in a row we making the opposition kick off for a second time at least

Not to mention that 12 games in a row we making the opposition kick off for a second time at least
    Except Welly.

Well done active support btw. Enjoyed the banter with Griff and his 12 disciples pregame. First time I couldn't hear RBB at one of our games...of course Fux went on about the noise the travelling support were making.
    As for the game...entertaining though I wouldn't say perfect. Would like to see us take more if our chances earlier.
    That could have been double figures last night...geez, haven't expectations changed.

Just think, another win with no imports on the park except brown at the end. Wankerers had all 5 out there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Just think, another win with no imports on the park except brown at the end. Wankerers had all 5 out there.
    That no 10 of theirs would have to be the biggest non entity ever

He looks good on the eye but there is absolutely no end product out of him at all

You see some lovely touches from him on half way but nothing in the final 3rd at all

Matter of fact as the night wore on everytime he touched it in the final 3rd I was as relaxed as you are when Jumpei is in on goal

I liked that we won.

was phenomenal to watch on the telly, they were at them from the opening whistle and didn't let up. the foot never came off the throat.

surely we are getting a visit from ASADA shortly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    was phenomenal to watch on the telly, they were at them from the opening whistle and didn't let up. the foot never came off the throat.

surely we are getting a visit from ASADA shortly.
    Salary Cap will be blown because of all these win bonuses we paying out that ain't in the budget

I never thought I'd see these types of scenes again. Wonderful stuff from the active support as well - They were loud and proud all game.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 23-12-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Largz Boyz scarves got 3 Johnny Warren points.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Active support needs to stay like that for the rest of the season, we finally have a team worth actually putting in effort for and I reckon they deserve to have a good group of dudes supporting them and givin it a go

Am I the only one who thinks it's gone be rough, based on our current formation that when everyone is fit and healthy, and assuming Rodriguez is as good as we think he'll be that nabbout will be more then likely shafted to the bench

I also feel bad for johnny k who is playing amazing football right now and not even in his preferred position, but once georgevski is healthy there isn't much space for him. It's just crazy that this team on paper lacks depth but all the players are rising to the occasion and putting on good performances
    Last edited by Mark325; 23-12-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Active support needs to stay like that for the rest of the season, we finally have a team worth actually putting in effort for and I reckon they deserve to have a good group of dudes supporting them and givin it a go

Am I the only one who thinks it's gone be rough, based on our current formation that when everyone is fit and healthy, and assuming Rodriguez is as good as we think he'll be that nabbout will be more then likely shafted to the bench

I also feel bad for johnny k who is playing amazing football right now and not even in his preferred position, but once georgevski is healthy there isn't much space for him. It's just crazy that this team on paper lacks depth but all the players are rising to the occasion and putting on good performances
    no way Nabbout gets benched. he takes Joey/Hoffs place and they set the team up to suit.

agree with Johnny K. the weird thing is that prior to start of the year he was right there to get a spot if Kanta didnt pay well, or if Kanta got moved to CB.
    far from it, Kanta has been consistently great and even poor Johnny K has to acknowledge hes not played well enough to kick Kanta out.

also not a bad thing for Kanta knowing such a good player wants his spot.

even the Jackson love fest amongst the coaches has barely raised its head.

Moss has been fantastic, which although we have had 2 'good' keepers for a while, they have generally being chewing up loads of cap space. now we have 2 good ones costing bugger all.

Ernie has it easy, dont let anyone try to tell you that having so many good players is a bad thing.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    no way Nabbout gets benched. he takes Joey/Hoffs place and they set the team up to suit.

agree with Johnny K. the weird thing is that prior to start of the year he was right there to get a spot if Kanta didnt pay well, or if Kanta got moved to CB.
    far from it, Kanta has been consistently great and even poor Johnny K has to acknowledge hes not played well enough to kick Kanta out.

also not a bad thing for Kanta knowing such a good player wants his spot.

even the Jackson love fest amongst the coaches has barely raised its head.

Moss has been fantastic, which although we have had 2 'good' keepers for a while, they have generally being chewing up loads of cap space. now we have 2 good ones costing bugger all.

Ernie has it easy, dont let anyone try to tell you that having so many good players is a bad thing.
    I'm confused how that would work though

Roy would go up top at striker, vargas slots back into cam, if rodriguez is as good as vargas he gets the wing slot and then you have to toss up between dimi and nabbout getting that last wing spot. But, because vargas and roy are coming back from injury we might be bringing them off the bench for the time being to ease them in

It's crazy with this team, before the start of the season I was very skeptical about re-signing kanta and didn't think we were taking this season seriously, but god damn he's just killed it all season. I more just feel bad for all the good players we have signed on that can't get game time but deserve it.

Kanta's goal celebration, How many of you wanted to be on the fence the whole team ran towards
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Kanta's goal celebration, How many of you wanted to be on the fence the whole team ran towards
    Was on it and it was crazy, can't remember the last time that happened

Clut and Shabow looked sharp and hungry for goals last night would be nice to have earlier subs
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Clut and Shabow looked sharp and hungry for goals last night would be nice to have earlier subs
    Why??

We won the game convincingly

There no reason to make subs just for the sake of getting your love child some minutes