Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: All things Star Wars (SPOILERS)

I think what really gets to me in the new series is the lack of originality. So much of what has been done in Eps 7 & 8 seems to be taken directly from the original series.

Add to that some gigantic plot holes and unrealistic co-incidences and I just can't enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    As for Rogue one, it had good elements but the story itself was just a stretch, and any time you retcon something from previous movies to make a story work just doesn't sit well with me.
    Huh?
    Good elements?
    Everyone died a violent death, even the cute chick.
    **** that robot too, he can cop some bullets.
    The dashing hero - dead.
    Cute chicks mum, BOOM!!! eat a laser sandwich bitch.

Not to mention Vader cleaning house at the end. It was old testament justice.

That shit OWNED.
    I love how people were shitty there wasn't a happy ending, but that was the best ending to a movie since Brad Pitt got a delivery from the UPS guy out in the badlands.

Just wish Luke Skywalker died a horrible death too in Ep 8. This hero death bullshit has been done. Get a new slant.

Oh. Spoiler alert.

I didn't and still don't rate Star Wars A New Hope as being a good movie. It made me cringe in 1977 and I think it's been at least ten years since I watched it at home.
    Empire Strikes Back I still think is the best of the franchise but it's really not up against a lot either.

The recent / third wave of Star Wars movies I rate as much better versions of all those before them except Empire.

In absolute terms though, all of these movies are very low on my list of movies I'd want to watch again.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 05-04-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I didn't and still don't rate Star Wars A New Hope as being a good movie. It made me cringe in 1977 and I think it's been at least ten years since I watched it at home.
    Empire Strikes Back I still think is the best of the franchise but it's really not up against a lot either.

The recent / third wave of Star Wars movies I rate as much better versions of all those before them except Empire.

In absolute terms though, all of these movies are very low on my list of movies I'd want to watch again.
    Dunnnnster.. I'm trying so hard to convince Premy that you aren't an old dinosaur, and then you say stuff like this...
    Making it tough for me, mate..

I do agree that Empire is the best of the three originals though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Dunnnnster.. I'm trying so hard to convince Premy that you aren't an old dinosaur, and then you say stuff like this...
    Making it tough for me, mate..
    in Dunsters defence, coming across a movie that had sound must have been a hell of a trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    in Dunsters defence, coming across a movie that had sound must have been a hell of a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Huh?
    Good elements?
    Everyone died a violent death, even the cute chick.
    **** that robot too, he can cop some bullets.
    The dashing hero - dead.
    Cute chicks mum, BOOM!!! eat a laser sandwich bitch.

Not to mention Vader cleaning house at the end. It was old testament justice.

That shit OWNED.
    I love how people were shitty there wasn't a happy ending, but that was the best ending to a movie since Brad Pitt got a delivery from the UPS guy out in the badlands.

Just wish Luke Skywalker died a horrible death too in Ep 8. This hero death bullshit has been done. Get a new slant.
    Vader at the end was the best part of the movie, possibly one of the best parts in the entire star wars canon. The movie as i said had good parts, it's just if you look at the whole thing I didn't think it worked.

Also, the space battle was a farce. Two star destroyers against a small fleet, both sit back and do nothing.
    A tiny ship then rams a star destroyer without damage and manages to push it perfectly cutting another star destroyer in half that also perfectly crashes into the shield bringing it down just in time for the transmission from the ground to get through.

Vader at the end was the best part of the movie, possibly one of the best parts in the entire star wars canon. The movie as i said had good parts, it's just if you look at the whole thing I didn't think it worked.

Also, the space battle was a farce. Two star destroyers against a small fleet, both sit back and do nothing.
    A tiny ship then rams a star destroyer without damage and manages to push it perfectly cutting another star destroyer in half that also perfectly crashes into the shield bringing it down just in time for the transmission from the ground to get through.
    Hmmm.. I might have to revisit this one over the weekend..
    I don't really remember a lot of it, but Vader going full nasty at the end definitely sticks in my memory..

I've got this on my wall at work..

Hmmm.. I might have to revisit this one over the weekend..
    I don't really remember a lot of it, but Vader going full nasty at the end definitely sticks in my memory..

I've got this on my wall at work..
    hahaha, love it.

you mean the space fantasy movie where people have laser guns and glowing swords and mind controlling magic and even though they come from all corners of the galaxy they all seem to be able to speak and or understand english has some moments in it that seem hard to fathom.

ummm, ok then.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

pfffft, shit like happens on the reg.
    Seems like I am WRONG

This thread got me thinking..
    What happened to hawk?? I haven't seen him post on here in aaaaaaaages.. Is he just lurking now? Still hiding in bushes at Kotara with his telescopic camera? Cruising the world in his 533ft yacht, (wo)manned by 24 playboy playmates???
    Bonzai! Nah That spastic GF loss was the killer. Now busy coaching a couple of teams mate. Doing some community stuff as well etc.
    Havent even a spare min to stir some of the outraged sjwtards on here.

Still supporting the Jest because who can forget the bay 1 anthem. They can never tear ass apart.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Bonzai! Nah That spastic GF loss was the killer. Now busy coaching a couple of teams mate. Doing some community stuff as well etc.
    Havent even a spare min to stir some of the outraged sjwtards on here.

Still supporting the Jest because who can forget the bay 1 anthem. They can never tear ass apart.
    Yes!!!
    Good to hear you are still about, mate..

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Now busy coaching a couple of teams mate. Doing some community stuff as well etc.
    I knew it.

Has anyone ever actually seen Hawk and Craig Deans in the same room together?

#staywoke

New trailer is dope. The hype is real. Also welcome back palaptine

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    New trailer is dope. The hype is real. Also welcome back palaptine
    For anyone that hasn't seen it yet:

The Seth Rogan edit is pretty funny in a very childish way.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1116808215512195072
    Seems like I am WRONG

so they gonna bring back the Emperor, Darth Maul and Jar Jar for this last one huh?
    Then they gonna make Luke alive again too.

awww geez, this doesnt sound good.
    Seems like I am WRONG