Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Patricio Rodriguez aka Drovandi v 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Talk of Mcgree to start on the left. I would have thought Champness and even Hoffman would be ahead of him in a wide role. Roll of the dice but guess it shows we have decent depth.
    I saw Champness as a stright swap (even swapping wings with Nabbout) or moving Hoffman forward on the right again, nabbout on the left, Georgievski right and bringing back Vujica.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I saw Champness as a stright swap (even swapping wings with Nabbout) or moving Hoffman forward on the right again, nabbout on the left, Georgievski right and bringing back Vujica.
    Yep my thoughts too. Surprised to hear Mcgree was looking like starting. As the others have done quite well.

Maybe Ernie thinks Mcgree and Dimi can interchange between wide and no.10

McGree is more similar to Dimi and I think having the additional option in the centre of the park when attacking is what Ernie is looking for.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    McGree is more similar to Dimi and I think having the additional option in the centre of the park when attacking is what Ernie is looking for.
    We had that with Pato who kept drifting in field. I think we need two wide players to hold the width and spread the other teams out
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    We had that with Pato who kept drifting in field. I think we need two wide players to hold the width and spread the other teams out
    We're certainly going to need that against Sydney.

Needs to show a hell of alot more to get a new contract.

Problem is he keeps leaving the left hand side. With Vargas back can see this no longer being an issue as Dimi will be despatched to the right Ronnie in the middle and Pato out on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Problem is he keeps leaving the left hand side. With Vargas back can see this no longer being an issue as Dimi will be despatched to the right Ronnie in the middle and Pato out on the left.
    Pato likes to float and drift inside. This would work if someone rotated to the left when he moved inside

The guy has just come back from a stint on the sideline, to play with players he hasn’t had a chance to form any chemistry with... McGree is still new, and Champness usually doesn’t play up top. Would love to see him alongside Ronny for a few consecutive games and we might see him step it up a level.

I thought he did well