Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Rd 13 Jets v Mus****s Team

Victory played their best game of the season. They have their full side out there from what I could see.

We have dan g, Roy, Vargas to come back in and not to mention what this Rodriguez might bring. Riley brings depth.

Muscat will talk it up.. but really he knows his side should be winning that game at home in front of those fans.

Ernie won't be fazed

Brown is a disaster.... bloke wouldn't get a start in an all age local game
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    When teams are allowed to be physical and aggressive we struggle. Sydney did it to us and now Victory.
    They deserve the win but with a different ref I wouldn't be so sure.

Not our best night but only lost by a goal and had enough chances to win it.

Still don't rate Victory any chance against SFC.
    I do agree in a lot of ways we were poor tonight
    But we got **** all assistance from a ref who allowed us to get hacked to pieces with little protection

Pings Sugar in the 90th minute for diving in with studs up but let's the 50 Victree tackles the same and worse go all night long

That penalty
    How is it a yellow??
    How is it even a penalty??

Shoulder to shoulder contact and the Victree player should be staying on his feet

Never a penalty

Ridiculous the soft shit we cop at times from refs to give away free kicks and pens and get cards yet you see what Victree get away with tonight and you just laugh at the double standards

Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    Victory played their best game of the season. They have their full side out there from what I could see.

We have dan g, Roy, Vargas to come back in and not to mention what this Rodriguez might bring. Riley brings depth.

Muscat will talk it up.. but really he knows his side should be winning that game at home in front of those fans.

Ernie won't be fazed
    We let them have their best game... we showed too much respect
    Dare to Zlatan

To me Looks like Berisha was offside
    Dare to Zlatan

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I do agree in a lot of ways we were poor tonight
    But we got **** all assistance from a ref who allowed us to get hacked to pieces with little protection

Pings Sugar in the 90th minute for diving in with studs up but let's the 50 Victree tackles the same and worse go all night long

That penalty
    How is it a yellow??
    How is it even a penalty??

Shoulder to shoulder contact and the Victree player should be staying on his feet

Never a penalty

Ridiculous the soft shit we cop at times from refs to give away free kicks and pens and get cards yet you see what Victree get away with tonight and you just laugh at the double standards
    Totally agree except for the pen. Stone wall penalty. Not a yellow though.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Brown is a disaster.... bloke wouldn't get a start in an all age local game

Was thinking the same. If he was not a visa player we would be talking him up as a state league player on a good day. Club needs too find him another home in January.

I agree

We were much worse in the second half

At least in the first half I felt like we were threatening in attack

In the second less so in it in attack

Our midfield was poor

Boogaard let's Johnny K down big time

King Vuj has Topor covering his arse when it goes wrong
    Boogaard leaves Johnny K high and dry and it shows in his indecision
    That was my point ,until half time i always thought we were half a chance of jagging something from the game.

Brown would be a great signing for Wellington.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 30-12-2017 at 02:19 AM.

Brown was a youth international for England. He has ability.

Give him a session with Tony Robbins, then he'll be great for us.

And on that point, if we hadn't sacked Robbins at the start of last season, we'd be playing in the Asian champions league.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    To me Looks like Berisha was offside
    No...I checked the replay and Berisha was in his own half when the ball was played.

After sleeping on it I agree with Ernie's assessment...a young team learning beaten by a better team. It may be a difficult January but we will be very strong by the finals.

On another note, why was Williams not booked for a tackle from behind on Dimi early....whilst Vuj gets one for a shoulder push? I also note that the commentary raved on about how good it was seeing Beath let the game flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Brown was a youth international for England. He has ability.

Give him a session with Tony Robbins, then he'll be great for us.
    Great idea, send him off to the newly-formed LAFC (Robbins is a part-owner)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    No...I checked the replay and Berisha was in his own half when the ball was played.
    I'd go as far as to say even if he wasn't in his own half (he was), he was probably still onside. That is, if you magically transposed both Boogaard and Berisha to the other side of the halfway line, reckon Boogaard is still keeping him on...just.

Credit where it's due, Nigel did try to push him offside by quickly jumping over the halfway line just prior to George's pass.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    I'd go as far as to say even if he wasn't in his own half (he was), he was probably still onside. That is, if you magically transposed both Boogaard and Berisha to the other side of the halfway line, reckon Boogaard is still keeping him on...just.

Credit where it's due, Nigel did try to push him offside by quickly jumping over the halfway line just prior to George's pass.
    So you just plugged a bloke who failed to sprint 100% to close Berisha down ??

So you just plugged a bloke who actually was nowhere near the opposition striker and when I say nowhere near let's just say 20metres as a conservative estimate ??

So you just plugged a bloke who tried playing an offside trap and got it horribly wrong and got caught out??

Yeah ok

Your easily pleased then

clearly 2nd best, Merrick is a one trick pony.
    Dont get me wrong, the one trick is great when he has the players and its working, but when hes not got the cattle or the opposition coach works him out (as GVE used to do) it looks horrid.

Victory deserved the win. The fact Topor was great defending two positions showed just how much they dominated the attack. Credit Muscat for isolating Ivan against Barbarouses, knowing Topor couldnt help cover because that would leave Berisha v Boogaard 1 on 1.

Some teams just match up well against us, if Merrick can find someone to share the attack along with Dimi (and it has to be Ugabooga) and we have our finisher back on deck things will be different. until then, its more of the same coming.

get over it, we lost. we'll prob lose next week. no trophies handed out in January.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    clearly 2nd best, Merrick is a one trick pony.
    Dont get me wrong, the one trick is great when he has the players and its working, but when hes not got the cattle or the opposition coach works him out (as GVE used to do) it looks horrid.

Victory deserved the win. The fact Topor was great defending two positions showed just how much they dominated the attack. Credit Muscat for isolating Ivan against Barbarouses, knowing Topor couldnt help cover because that would leave Berisha v Boogaard 1 on 1.

Some teams just match up well against us, if Merrick can find someone to share the attack along with Dimi (and it has to be Ugabooga) and we have our finisher back on deck things will be different. until then, its more of the same coming.

get over it, we lost. we'll prob lose next week. no trophies handed out in January.
    Exactly. Throw Roy on the end of a few of those chances instead of Hoff or Nabbout and we score another goal or two. Put Vargas or Rodriguez (hopefully) in there and Dimi gets a bit more space. But it’s no different to any other team missing 2 or 3 of their key players. Take Berisha/Barbs/George out of the game last night and they would have been toothless.

Also, put Georgievski in there instead of Johnny and George doesn’t have half the game he does.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    the opposition coach works him out (as GVE used to do)
    Period.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Also, put Georgievski in there instead of Johnny and George doesn’t have half the game he does.
    yeah this was another good point. Johnny K (out of position) got roasted.

Granted, if you said a few weeks ago we'll get 2 good games, one bad game and a few goals out of Johnny K playing in that role id take it every single time.

now get him in Boogaards spot when Gorgeous George gets back.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG