Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 17/18 HAL Round 14 | Shytney FC v Newcastle Jets | Wed 3rd Jan 2018 07:50pm

On the whole that was a stunning effort last night.Given performances against upstart Arnie and his side i reckon we would be the last team they would want to be coming up against any time soon and in particular with a full strength squad come finals time. Sydney don't like a team that can move the ball around quickly and we can do that in spades more often that not.

Sydney will be our bitches come finals time with a fair crack from officials.

Even if he's healthy i would say maybe give georgevski another rest this week, we could move hoff back to rb with the arrival of rodriguez this week

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Even if he's healthy i would say maybe give georgevski another rest this week, we could move hoff back to rb with the arrival of rodriguez this week
    One thing that has hurt us is chances falling to Hoffman

Missed 2 headers v Victory
    Missed another last night

Waiting for chances like that to fall to Roy or someone who has a clue

Can't wait to Hoffman is dragged out of their box period

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    One thing that has hurt us is chances falling to Hoffman

Missed 2 headers v Victory
    Missed another last night

Waiting for chances like that to fall to Roy or someone who has a clue

Can't wait to Hoffman is dragged out of their box period
    yea he's not a natural in that area

issue is that georgevski is so good, but he keeps getting hurt and i would rather we be safe with him and not play him unnecessarily. Even just put him on the bench, and have hoff go back to his actual position.

He's not gonna be breaking goalscoring records anytime soon but he has done alright in front of goals the last few weeks really. Good runs and finishes against WSW and Victory, although yes had some golden chances on the head which he identified he needs to work on. Also had a tidy finish last night ruled offside. He has impressed me this season and done better than I thought he would given how often he has played further up the pitch, when my opinion of him had basically been an athletic workhorse defender. He has contributed to attacks well with runs and crosses, and if he has to play advanced again I won't be disappointed. He's certainly done better on the wing than some other players who've had to try their hand out there.

Assuming Rodriguez passes muster at training and Ernie starts him, we should be able to field two solid fullbacks with the return of Ivan and Hoff at RB. Possible Hoff to move up the field later in the game if Champness or Rodriguez needs to be subbed. Shabow did ok but Clut could have done better in his cameo I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Anyone else annoyed that Dimi has to take soo many extra touches?
    Wait till he is combining with vargas, Rodriguez, mcgree and Roy. He'll have more confidence in those open to pass earlier to

Banned
    Good news is Georgevski and Brown not injured according to Gypo CEO

Just cramped up due to lack of minutes

So Georgevski back to hack Raheem next Tuesday night

So looking forward to the return of Raheem. The banter will be all too easy.

Also is it just me or are things quite on the Rodriguez front re his arrival. Nothing on the website or herald. Maybe NBN news tonight perhaps ?.

Hope to hear something positive from Tara and Slater on "Just For Ninks" tonight......when they find the time of course.

Would love to be that sofa when Tara gushes over it....the goal I mean!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    So looking forward to the return of Raheem. The banter will be all too easy.
    Couldn't care less

Bloke is a nobody

I more interested in us thumping the Gypos and getting the 3 points than giving this clown a spraying

Not worth the effort

Also is it just me or are things quite on the Rodriguez front re his arrival. Nothing on the website or herald. Maybe NBN news tonight perhaps ?.
    He chucked up a post about landing the day of the Sydney game so is curious why no ones said anything

He chucked up a post about landing the day of the Sydney game so is curious why no ones said anything
    Certainly looking forward to Tuesday and seeing him in action , hopefully enough condition in him to tear the Gypo's a new one for at least a 60 min stint.

They said he would train Friday...perhaps the poor bugger has been asleep all day.

Lawrie sent a tweet about his arrival, Rodriguez did as well with a pic of himself and family at the airport arriving.... Ernie said he's been put up in a nice motel over looking the beack... and so on.

Skipping effortlessly through the Jets’ defence, he finished a slaloming run with the deftest of finishes over goalkeeper Jack Duncan, and the emphatic celebration confirmed what it meant to him.
    Fox... whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Fox... whatever...
    If that was the other way around it would have been:

Skipping through the Sydney defence, he finished a run with the a finish over goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne, the former Wanderers star who had pasta for lunch, has a hot girlfriend and did a poo at 5.23pm, for a nice goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    If that was the other way around it would have been:
    Edited for accuracy...

Stumbling through the superstar Sydney defence, committing several fouls in the process, he somehow toed the ball home past superstar goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne, the former Wanderers star who had pasta for lunch, has a hot girlfriend and did a poo at 5.23pm, for a lucky goal that quite frankly shouldn’t have counted. Legendary coach Graham Arnold looked on in disgust, quickly realizing his weekly payoff to the refs goes through every Thursday. Oops.

quickly realizing his weekly payoff to the refs goes through every Thursday. Oops.
    brilliant.

^^ yall forgot to mention the bit where Redmayne once nearly signed for Arsenal. Also that he has previously played against Tim Cahill. And a drawn-out link to Neymar or Messi, thru a former teammate or something.
    OK