Page 125 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 3064

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Looks like fun....

https://keepup.com.au/a-leagues-all-star-fan-vote

But still open to rort and population bias - can still see Ninko getting it over Penha. I voted for as many Jets as possible plus Goody, Topor and Ugar.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Australia Cup playoff vs Perth confirmed for this Thursday night out at Edgy.

https://newcastlejetsfc.com.au/news/...-off-confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Australia Cup playoff vs Perth confirmed for this Thursday night out at Edgy.

https://newcastlejetsfc.com.au/news/...-off-confirmed
    we will lose
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    we will lose
    As is tradition

Anyone know how I can watch the game tonight

Meant to be on 10play I believe.

👍

https://www.espn.com.au/football/aus...g-fan-interest

Apparently, Victory is close to signing Nani who I imagine was one of the 35 players mentioned in this article.

Unfortunately, I do understand the philosophy here and why they think this will work, and according to the article 'Clubs would be aided in securing players with funding gained from its private equity deal with Silver Lake and broadcasting deal with Viacom CBS.'

The hope is if they do this, they attract the right players who are still playing consistently unlike Sturridge who since 2018 had only played 17 games and was visibly falling apart.
    Last edited by Mark325; 13-05-2022 at 07:43 PM.

See Mattiske mentioning Sotorio in the Herald this morning so bit more than a rumour I think.

The Mariners are the A-League's version of the federal ALP. Media overhypes them, plays down any errors whilst amplifying those of the other side. Makes them out to be battlers better than they really are, consisting of a team of cheating bullies run by a bloke who stays in the background.

Their 30 fans have their own microphone today making them sound like the majority.
    And since when do refs upgrade to yellow when they are shown studmarks by said cheats?

Goodwin......forza!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    https://www.espn.com.au/football/aus...g-fan-interest

Apparently, Victory is close to signing Nani who I imagine was one of the 35 players mentioned in this article.

Unfortunately, I do understand the philosophy here and why they think this will work, and according to the article 'Clubs would be aided in securing players with funding gained from its private equity deal with Silver Lake and broadcasting deal with Viacom CBS.'

The hope is if they do this, they attract the right players who are still playing consistently unlike Sturridge who since 2018 had only played 17 games and was visibly falling apart.
    Just what the league needs to ensure its long term future, a short term sugar hit! Lets not bother trying to solve our Ownership issue, or fix the technical issues stemming from the Broadcaster or anything remotely important, lets try and move the needle slightly with a few blokes getting their retirement fund
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Just got back from awards...Beka is a legend.

Gus won Members Award, Beka won POY. Arques and Penha are great guys. Penha wants to stay - Jets currently pay him what his loan club pay already but Sydney offering ridiculous coin. Just wants to go home for now. Yuel looks like being released.

And did I say, Beka is a legend ffs.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 19-05-2022 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Just got back from awards...Beka is a legend.

Gus won Members Award, Beka won POY. Arques and Penha are great guys. Penha wants to stay - Jets currently pay him what his loan club pay already but Sydney offering ridiculous coin. Just wants to go home for now. Yuel looks like being released.

And did I say, Beka is a legend ffs.
    I heard a rumour that Yuel is going to the wanderers but cant remember where i saw it. Also all but confirms we are signing Sotirio.

How kosta grozos got any award is beyond me, and fills me with dread that we will give him a new contract.

It's beyond me why we'd sign Sotirio over Yuel.

Sure he's not the most gifted player but he does provide something different and a spark coming off the bench.

I think it speaks to a bigger issue I have with a salary capped league which is the constant rotation of players from club to club. As supporters we have a connection with Yuel, we want to see him do well, he's our player. How many clubs has Sotirio played for in the league? He ain't "our player". We have no connection with him and he's no upgrade on Yuel. Just change fur the sake of it

If they wanna get rid of Yuel, go for it. But go find a replacement in the NPL. Signing Sotirio is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    It's beyond me why we'd sign Sotirio over Yuel.

Sure he's not the most gifted player but he does provide something different and a spark coming off the bench.

I think it speaks to a bigger issue I have with a salary capped league which is the constant rotation of players from club to club. As supporters we have a connection with Yuel, we want to see him do well, he's our player. How many clubs has Sotirio played for in the league? He ain't "our player". We have no connection with him and he's no upgrade on Yuel. Just change fur the sake of it
    Couldn't agree more , Sums up the Jets and the league in general and those running the show past and present wonder why the league is dying a slow and painful death in regards to audiences.

The answer is simple:
    Who is the agent for Arthur Papas, Josh Sautirio, Kosta Grozos, Brandon Wilson, Dane Ingham, Matt Jurman, Mo Al-Taay?

Quote Originally Posted by Harrycripps View Post
    The answer is simple:
    Who is the agent for Arthur Papas, Josh Sautirio, Kosta Grozos, Brandon Wilson, Dane Ingham, Matt Jurman, Mo Al-Taay?
    oddly enough i heard we were being linked to Sarpreet Singh so that would be another.

Murnane, Regan, Yuel, Boumal, Siatravanis and Arques gone.

https://newcastlejetsfc.com.au/news/...FXSg2V-mRYr9ww

Thought Siatravanis was coming good at the end of the season but probably didn't warrant using a visa spot. Would have been OK with keeping Yuel especially when his rumored replacement isn't that inspiring. Boumal probably on more coin than he was worth.