Page 132 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 3065

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Mathiske might be the NRL wonder boy but he's got stuff all idea how to run an A league club. I thought his main job was to sell the Jets, not too good in that department either
    An A-League club is not an attractive proposition for anybody to buy. Next to no revenue, not Domestic Transfer System, no infrastructure, don't own the stadium, in fact you'll be hard pressed finding an A-Liga club that has actually made any profit in their history
    Jaliens gives me the horn

The national competition in general is dying in the ass. The level of interest in the game with just a few weeks to go would have to be the lowest i can recall .

I found myself asking my young bloke just the other day when was round 1. The game was meant to grow a leg with the new league ownership model but IMO it would be fair to say nothing has improved.

Quote Originally Posted by scarfy96 View Post

So 2 preseaon matches, no media, no Facebook posts, no insta etc. Trying to build support by hiding pre season games seems weird.
    Good point.There is probably no doubt that the marketing budget probably doesnt provide for many resources but social media is a very cheap and effective way to promote your message.Why there isnt someone in that organisation taking charge of it is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Good point.There is probably no doubt that the marketing budget probably doesnt provide for many resources but social media is a very cheap and effective way to promote your message.Why there isnt someone in that organisation taking charge of it is disappointing.
    I'm doing what I can. https://twitter.com/jeterpool/status...13683668881409
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Wow thats impressive.Do you work for the club?If not you should be.That statistic about 560 goals but 893 yellow cards is astounding.

We don't deserve you, mate..
    Amazing stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Wow thats impressive.Do you work for the club?If not you should be.That statistic about 560 goals but 893 yellow cards is astounding.
    No, don't work for the club. Used to help them out a fair bit, and still do on the odd occasion, but their interest in what I have to offer has waned over time. They have access to a system of player data they use instead of me.

My point of difference is that I go back to when we were Newcastle United in the NSL days and include other competitive matches we have played.

If you think those stats are astounding...got something big planned before the season kicks off
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Even the Australia Cup…
    We have the promoters dream matchup. 2 x Sydney teams (maybe 2 x Melbourne would be better). An NPL underdog vs an A league club.
    They should be marketing this to the moon. Channel 10 should be covering it in their news building it up. Follow one of their players to his usual work (probably a tradie in there somewhere), this stuff writes itself doesn’t it?

Great work JP.

Don't forget the Cup final at 7.45 tonight. Having said that, I'll probably fall asleep after an arvo on the tiles
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Thanks for that - heard Simon Hill say on his podcast the game was on Sunday which had me scrambling.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Nice work getting the puddle in there. Still our greatest ever performance. Worthy of a tweet by itself. 1 - the number of puddles that have won us a game.

How good is to finally see some proud aussies actually passionate about a game of football in this country. God bless you Sydney Croatia fans, and **** the Double Eff Aye for ever thinking they (and the rest of the proper football clubs) didnt deserve a seat at the table.

Im starting to think the 2nd division will never happen because it would actually be more interesting than the A-League itself and HQ cant be having that.

Nah **** em. Don't deserve a place and we all know why

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Nah **** em. Don't deserve a place and we all know why
    Yeah yeah we all know why.

Just never realised before tonight if only Marconi had embraced cowbells it could all have turned out differently.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah yeah we all know why.

Just never realised before tonight if only Marconi had embraced cowbells it could all have turned out differently.
    That section of fans are obviously f#ckheads and if they happen to fall into a closed hand or two I don't think there'd be an issue. But it's very sad to see that a small, unliked, former NSL club has as many fans as a fresh expansion club. Imagine how much better the league would have been if they'd managed to set some rules and allowed the club's who already had a fan base earn their position in the top flight instead of this franchise nonsense we are left with. Hopefully the second division gets going soon so that regardless of the league's survival we will have the framework there to keep a national football competition going, even if at a semi professional level.

It's not really hard to put some bans on certain symbols, chants, etc and punish clubs financially if they break these rules.... You know like everywhere else in the world.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Ok let me get this straight, we demand the ethnic element eliminated from football in order to not cause tensions but then get upset when people refuse to respect our focus on one single ethnic group pre-match? We either let EVERYONE have their flags and symbols or we have NO flags and symbols right?

Seems not.

Also, the churlishness of the same group of assholes who celebrated booing the 'colonising Queen' 2 weeks ago now have their panties all twisted because someone booed 'their' cause. ****ing wankers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Ok let me get this straight, we demand the ethnic element eliminated from football in order to not cause tensions but then get upset when people refuse to respect our focus on one single ethnic group pre-match? We either let EVERYONE have their flags and symbols or we have NO flags and symbols right?

Seems not.

Also, the churlishness of the same group of assholes who celebrated booing the 'colonising Queen' 2 weeks ago now have their panties all twisted because someone booed 'their' cause. ****ing wankers.

Just to clarify, I only mean the proper stuff like Nazi flags and clearly anti-semitic or homophobic chants. Anything truly abhorrent that can't be looked past.

If a Facebook group of knobs wants to be both racists AND support any sports club in any sport, so long as that don't do anything openly racist at the stadium there's nothing the club should or could do about it. You can't choose your fans as a club. Having a flag that isn't racist/fascist but claiming to be on your own profile or in private isn't anything that should be the club's issue. Actively promoting those views is different, I don't know enough about SU58 to comment on whether they are good or bad, but they've got more to offer than Macarthur in my opinion, they just need to make sure they play by the rules like everyone else.
    Last edited by Frodo; 02-10-2022 at 12:38 PM.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I fell asleep after the non penalty
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Just to clarify, I only mean the proper stuff like Nazi flags and clearly anti-semitic or homophobic chants. Anything truly abhorrent that can't be looked past.

If a Facebook group of knobs wants to be both racists AND support any sports club in any sport, so long as that don't do anything openly racist at the stadium there's nothing the club should or could do about it. You can't choose your fans as a club. Having a flag that isn't racist/fascist but claiming to be on your own profile or in private isn't anything that should be the club's issue. Actively promoting those views is different, I don't know enough about SU58 to comment on whether they are good or bad, but they've got more to offer than Macarthur in my opinion, they just need to make sure they play by the rules like everyone else.
    So let me get this right

Your ok with them booing the Australian national anthem and disrespecting the Welcome to the Country woke BS

But you draw the line on them celebrating their ancestors
    documented support of some failed Austrian artist ??