Page 131 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 3062

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Any reason why these clowns think playing at 3pm in summer time is a good idea??
    My first thought as well. Learnt nothing at all from last season.

Not happy - not happy at all.

Two away Coastie games in 7 rounds with home game against them 4 months later? ar too many 3pm kickoffs - 5pm I can handle, just.

At a time when I know of at least one other club complaining about the unfair balance of day games with the big four (both Smurfs and Victory have 9 night home games), seems really odd that we have encouraged it.

Pretty crap for sponsors as well.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 28-07-2022 at 01:33 PM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Starting the season again with a F3 derby. Kinda annoying

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Starting the season again with a F3 derby. Kinda annoying
    And as usual will be overshadowed by Big Blue immediately following.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Not happy - not happy at all.

Two away Coastie games in 7 rounds with home game against them 4 months later? ar too many 3pm kickoffs - 5pm I can handle, just.

At a time when I know of at least one other club complaining about the unfair balance of day games with the big four (both Smurfs and Victory have 9 night home games), seems really odd that we have encouraged it.

Pretty crap for sponsors as well.
    Exactly, 7 of our matches are 3PM kick-off or earlier from Dec on as it really starts to heat up middays, hardly seems a balanced draw so they must have pre-determined we won't be contenders again so we can have the sh*t playing conditions instead, it obviously won't make any difference to us as we'll be at the wrong end of the table anyway...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Exactly, 7 of our matches are 3PM kick-off or earlier from Dec on as it really starts to heat up middays, hardly seems a balanced draw so they must have pre-determined we won't be contenders again so we can have the sh*t playing conditions instead, it obviously won't make any difference to us as we'll be at the wrong end of the table anyway...
    I thought I read somewhere that the club asked for afternoon matches.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

4 of those are away in which I'd say we have minimal input in, and 1 of them is in wellington so really a 5pm kick off. My guess is the club requested a few home 3pm to attract more families

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that the club asked for afternoon matches.
    I mentioned that in my original comment - truth is we have been strong armed by the now big four dominated APL. "This is what you are gonna get - so spin it Shane before we release it and tell your fans it's for their own good".

Victory's first three games are against SFC, WSW and City - all on prime time FTA on Saturday night.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 29-07-2022 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    4 of those are away in which I'd say we have minimal input in, and 1 of them is in wellington so really a 5pm kick off. My guess is the club requested a few home 3pm to attract more families
    3PM Dec onwards is guaranteed heading towards 35-40 degrees at kick-off especially if it heats up early like it has been December onwards in NSW and QLD last few years, and not much better elsewhere. I really can't see any justification to play this early at the hottest time of the year, show a pre-show and have a few choices between what match you wanna watch for any on at the same time...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned
    3PM Dec onwards is guaranteed heading towards 35-40 degrees at kick-off especially if it heats up early like it has been December onwards in NSW and QLD last few years, and not much better elsewhere. I really can't see any justification to play this early at the hottest time of the year, show a pre-show and have a few choices between what match you wanna watch for any on at the same time...

Let's forget the days where it gets up to 35-40c

I don't particularly want to be sitting still in the sun when it is 25-30c like it will be guaranteed to be at the minimum at 3pm.

I also don't think we are gonna see really good spectacles of games when play is slowed down to cope with the heat

I would suggest we be playing at 1800 or later at that time if year at the minimum and it should be something the arse clowns at the PFA should be all over not expecting their reps to perform in the ****ing heat if summer days

Family friendly times, good luck with that, I won't be turning up. Current management has no confidence vote from me. First the colours and now this, they can fuk off
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Family friendly times, good luck with that, I won't be turning up. Current management has no confidence vote from me. First the colours and now this, they can fuk off
    Colours?

Found out last night that "family friendly" was expected to be 5-6pm kickoff. All clubs have copped a few 3pm, just some more than others. Waiting for an APL explanation as to why that time.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    On the flip side, it makes me more likely to attend with a family of 5.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Went to a 3pm game once. Needed 6 months in a pub to cool down
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Anyone know any details about the trial game in Coffs last night?
    Only alleged report I've seen was on facey saying that we were 7-0 up after about 20 mins???

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Anyone know any details about the trial game in Coffs last night?
    Only alleged report I've seen was on facey saying that we were 7-0 up after about 20 mins???
    Finished 15-1 from what I’ve seen. No idea who all the goal scorers were.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Finished 15-1 from what I’ve seen. No idea who all the goal scorers were.
    Thanks mate

So I amazed how little information is being shared pre season. There is the odd throw away in a herald article but no story. Eg.
    https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...start/?cs=6160

Natta started alongside Jordan Elsey in the heart of defence in the Jets' nil-all draw with his former club in a friendly on Saturday. It was a near new back four, with Carl Jenkinson stationed on the right and James McGarry on the left.

It was the Jets' second clean sheet against A-League opposition in the pre-season and followed a 3-0 win over Wellington last month.

So 2 preseaon matches, no media, no Facebook posts, no insta etc. Trying to build support by hiding pre season games seems weird.

Mathiske might be the NRL wonder boy but he's got stuff all idea how to run an A league club. I thought his main job was to sell the Jets, not too good in that department either
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.