Page 142 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 3065

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

why don't the jets ever post any youth results on their Facebook
    are they even part of this club

U20 Asia cup tonight 9PM, Australia and Qatar, 10 play, for those that are interested
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Those Vietnam kids were better than at least 75% of the locals we have in the A-League at the moment.

But sure, lets keep sneering and assuming THEY are the developing football nation.
    Looks like I was correct, Vietnam didn’t make it to the through the group stage, 75% of Australians are better then Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by jandysardine View Post
    why don't the jets ever post any youth results on their Facebook
    are they even part of this club
    They are starting to post some results via the Newcastle Jets Academy facebook page, however it isn't consistent.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Looks like I was correct, Vietnam didn’t make it to the through the group stage, 75% of Australians are better then Vietnam
    They didn't get out there of the group on goal difference

Their 2 wins and not to get out of the group see them as quite unfortunate all things considered

Fold the club now

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Fold the club now
    The dickheads running our club are asking us to fork out $210 plus GST to listen to some Gypo ****wit ramble on before our next match

I wouldnt front up if I was being paid $210 without the GST let alone $1000 to listen to this dickhead

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The dickheads running our club are asking us to fork out $210 plus GST to listen to some Gypo ****wit ramble on before our next match

I wouldnt front up if I was being paid $210 without the GST let alone $1000 to listen to this dickhead
    To be fair - they are not asking $210 to see Arnold. $210 is the usual ticket price to go to the lounge and have the food and drink deal, if you do not already have a corporate allocation. There are speakers every game, just this time a big name they want to advertise to fill the lounge, which I believe they have done.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

https://keepup.com.au/news/a-league-...topor-stanley/

Topor is retiring. Best of luck to him, I thought he was great for us and wish we had kept him.

https://youtu.be/x-IMIQsLFGU

That goal against Perth.

Yes - if we kept him and not bothered with Elsey we would have had some stability last season and maybe made the finals.

The one major recruitment mistake last season, as proven by his continuing ability to play good football.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Yes - if we kept him and not bothered with Elsey we would have had some stability last season and maybe made the finals.

The one major recruitment mistake last season, as proven by his continuing ability to play good football.
    Papas wanted to play with a high line. Toppa sadly can't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Yeah, but it turns out neither could Elsey or Jurman anyways..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    This
    Particularly Jurman

Topor has always been the slow guy that gets to the right spot at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Yeah but that doesnt change the fact
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Topor has always been the slow guy that gets to the right spot at the right time.
    Is he though? Maybe over 10 yards but I had memories of him reeling in attackers chasing through balls in his last stint with us pretty comfortably.

Ball playing wise he would have struggled with our style, but I don't know if I'd see Jurman as an upgrade in that regard. For me they are pretty similar style players, Jurman maybe a better defender in close quarters but Topor a better athlete - Jurman struggles for speed whenever he's in a footrace.

To Jurman's credit I haven't hated watching him as much this season, the pairing of him and Jenkinson has largely gone OK. Almost every time he tries to pass to someone who isn't the fullback or other CB, I'm just waiting for the turnover though.

Was disappointed that Natta didn't see much time after what I thought was a bright start to the season, anyone know why he fell out of favour? Seemed he got a head knock and never made it back to the starting side.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    It's not the high line, he didn't like playing out from the back, but he could put the ball on the foot of a running player from 50 yards, so who gives a shit
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

Was disappointed that Natta didn't see much time after what I thought was a bright start to the season, anyone know why he fell out of favour? Seemed he got a head knock and never made it back to the starting side.
    By the time he was right for a return, Jurman and Jenko were on a good run and we were on our short winning streak.

I think he's one for next season and I wonder if we will be starting Cancar and Natta next season. I highly doubt it because I don't know how strong either are at defense organisation - and when we really struggled that was what was missing and was solved once we recruited Boogaard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

One of the great Topor memories at the Jets....