Page 116 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 3065

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

He hasnt completed anywhere near a fuill season in over 5 years, I highly doubt he will handle our hard pitches but if he can stay fit will score over 15 goals easily
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

One aleague club has at least 8 players who are not vaccinated or anti vax and it's not WSW. Seen rumours its Victory and may include Poppa
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    One aleague club has at least 8 players who are not vaccinated or anti vax and it's not WSW. Seen rumours its Victory and may include Poppa
    Well if it’s Victory that may present a problem if the Vic Gov gives them the same restrictions as AFL clubs. They have said no jab no play to all Melb base clubs

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Well if it’s Victory that may present a problem if the Vic Gov gives them the same restrictions as AFL clubs. They have said no jab no play to all Melb base clubs
    Yep could prove to be issue for them as sporting clubs seek out essential worker status, That means they must be jabbed.

A-League: Defender Jordan Elsey forming strong connection and learning breakfast habits at Jets

JETS defender Jordan Elsey jokes that he knows what Matt Jurman has for breakfast.

The COVID lockdown has made life difficult in many respects.

But for a Jets team boasting 14 new players, the extra time together has proved invaluable.

"It is a good opportunity for us to all get acquainted with each other," said Elsey, who joined the Jets from his home-town club Adelaide.

"We don't really have a choice. There is not much else to do outside of training right now. It is a lot easier to get to understand your teammates if you are spending long hours with them.

"We are playing internal games at the moment which is also a positive. The intensity is far higher than playing against an NPL team or things like that.

"Everyone is on the same wavelength and we are working hard towards success."

A strong understanding is crucial for a central defensive partnership.

Elsey and Jurman have had three months to "connect".

"When you spend so many hours around someone, you get to know what they eat for breakfast," Elsey said. "Not only how they play but what they do outside of football, which is good for me and Matty.

"We have connected well. I knew Matty having watched him in the Socceroos and watching him in the A-League.

"We both know what we are about. We are both hard defenders who are willing to put our body on the line to win. We have a great connection and I'm looking forward to testing that in round one."

And with the aggressive, attacking style coach Arthur Papas plans to employ, Elsey and Jurman will need to be "switched on".

"When Arthur first contacted me he explained his style of play - attacking, aggressive, exciting," Elsey said.

"Everyone remembers the Brisbane side that in the A-League went unbeaten for a lot of games. It a similar style to that - keeping the ball, touch passing, moving and aggressive football.

"At the end of the day, we want to play exciting football for the Newcastle fans and score goals. It's my job to be switched on and make sure the other team doesn't score goals.

"The way we play, Matty and I have to be switched on for every second of the game."

The rigorous pre-season has been engineered with that in mind.

"We are training like we are in the season," Elsey said. "Since day one, it has been the same. We are getting the best out of each other.

"Not so much isolated running, but the hours on the track and each drill - how intense they are and how much Arthur and the coaching staff want from us.

"It is intense and you have to be on your A-game but I am enjoying it so far.

"The players we have, we have a lot of winners in the side. You can see that at training. It reminds me of the Adelaide side I was involved in when we won the premiership. We were all winners and we were all fighting for the same goal. I'm really looking forward to round one and seeing where we are at."

Not sure where to put it but https://acrossgoal.com/ has some cool football shirt designs including a cool Jets one ive copped

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Not sure where to put it but https://acrossgoal.com/ has some cool football shirt designs including a cool Jets one ive copped
    Worse than Adam Griffiths' old haberdashery.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I would buy the shit out of one of their tshirts of Kerim Bulut at that exact moment he noticed the goal was disallowed

https://www.theroar.com.au/soccer/vi...eague-1157939/

Tenuous link but bobby burns apparently really annoyed his own keeper

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post

Love how old mate chucks the ball at baldie's back.
    I wish the start was 5 seconds earlier. It appears that Burns is on the halfway line and running back.
    Would have liked to see what he did...or didn't do.
    And never mind the other 5 players blondie runs through before the assist pass for the goal, eh?
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    I wish the start was 5 seconds earlier. It appears that Burns is on the halfway line and running back.
    And never mind the other 5 players blondie runs through before the assist pass for the goal, eh?
    Burns turns it over that leads to the goal
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Burns turns it over that leads to the goal
    You can't tell that from the vid from the Roar.

But you can with this one! (scroll down to BBC Twatter window)
    https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/ex-a-le...lkeeper-571359

I don't see how that's Burns' fault that far up the pitch. Sh!t pass form #5 in the first place.
    Credit to old mate for tracking back for his stuff up. Bobby probably looks at him and the other 4 defenders and thinks "they'll bust it up". Nope...
    Blondie's already 5m past Burns when he decides to go on his run.
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Hi mods.

I've withheld from posting news because the stickied thread is the 2018 news thread, not the 2021 or 2021-22 news thread.

I hope you've noticed this aggressive protest and will respond soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Hi mods.

I've withheld from posting news because the stickied thread is the 2018 news thread, not the 2021 or 2021-22 news thread.

I'm pretty sure they decide to wait another year to unsticky this thread every time somebody makes a post like this. 🤣

I'm pretty sure they decide to wait another year to unsticky this thread every time somebody makes a post like this. ��
    Yep - almost certain he posted same 12 months ago!
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...23-p592iq.html

federici retires with a knee issue.

Milligan quits as assistant coach.

hopefully just a bit of a beat up.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Hi mods.

Whoah, no need to use those sort of responses, lets have some decorum here.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2021-...uiry/100575492

I look forward to this being expanded to all commercial and business enterprises. Human rights are very important, so I'm keenly awaiting the investigation of all credit, trade and ownership sourced from China, Russia and the Middle east across the entire economy.

And thank God our homegrown sports are funded pretty much entirely by the pure and not-at-all-damaging gambling revenue. No issues with that at all.

I actually think some of this is warranted, but I'm pissed as all hell that this is being painted as a "soccer" issue.

I look forward to this being expanded to all commercial and business enterprises. Human rights are very important, so I'm keenly awaiting the investigation of all credit, trade and ownership sourced from China, Russia and the Middle east across the entire economy.

And thank God our homegrown sports are funded pretty much entirely by the pure and not-at-all-damaging gambling revenue. No issues with that at all.

I actually think some of this is warranted, but I'm pissed as all hell that this is being painted as a "soccer" issue.
    I particularly like the linked story whose headline is:

'Do you want to be run by a government committing war crimes?': A-League ownership under fire'

And yet nowhere in the story does it mention any war crimes whatsoever. F$#% off ABC you bunch of Khunts.

I'm keenly awaiting the investigation of all credit, trade and ownership sourced from China, Russia and the Middle east across the entire economy.
    Be very, very careful what you wish for - as someone actively involved in trade with two of these regions, this would create economic havoc due to lack of supply for starters.

The Jets major sponsor is half owned by China, there are many similar deals in Australia.

ABC spinning their usual dirge.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 29-10-2021 at 08:32 AM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS