Page 124 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 2571

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

  1. #2461
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    247
    Bring back the Stubby holder.

  2. #2462
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,019
    Papas contract extended till end of 23-24

  3. #2463
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,916,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Papas contract extended till end of 23-24
    great news, should have been longer

  4. #2464
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,019
    From here I’m interested in seeing who gets signed on for next season and who gets released. Papas will essentially get to work entirely with his squad next season

  5. #2465
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,127
    Very happy.

  6. #2466
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,929
    Klopp and Papas. Big day for coach retention
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  7. #2467
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    great news, should have been longer
    Absolutely

  8. #2468
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    From here I’m interested in seeing who gets signed on for next season and who gets released. Papas will essentially get to work entirely with his squad next season
    This.
    I’ve seen potential. I wanna see how he builds this team based on what he has learnt this season.

  9. #2469
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    2,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    This.
    I’ve seen potential. I wanna see how he builds this team based on what he has learnt this season.
    Let's hope he starts with the back 4 and gives old Hoffman a retirement letter
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

  10. #2470
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    turton road
    Posts
    164
    Few rumours circulating....

    Daniel Penha to Smurfs
    Terry Antoniz from Wankers to Newy

  11. #2471
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    Few rumours circulating....

    Daniel Penha to Smurfs
    Terry Antoniz from Wankers to Newy
    are the smurfs one of our owners??

  12. #2472
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,528
    Lol.
    What an unexpected outcome.


    Smurfs: hey guys, anyone got a problem if we poach Penha for our squad?
    Silent partner: *silence*
    Western United: sorry guys, we are focussed on our finals series and pushing for the minor premisership atm, do whatever
    Wankerers: absolutely not. No deal. We can’t let this happen. You shouldn’t benefit from being a part owner of their club. Ffs.
    Smurfs: what if they were to take Antonis off your hands? As a replacement for Penha, hahahhaa.
    Wankerers: hahahaha, good one, let’s do it.

  13. #2473
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    5,353
    The "silent partner" is Wellington - I thought that was common knowledge by now.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

  14. #2474
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    The "silent partner" is Wellington - I thought that was common knowledge by now.
    Yes.
    Didn’t exactly fit into the scene I was imagining.

  15. #2475
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,386
    Penha to smurfs will infuriate many club supporters and members and IMO have a real effect on renewals next season, The only real surprise is was not Lederers mob of underachievers this time raping us.

    No wonder things had gone quite last couple of months since Jets came out said they were conversing with his parent club for next year.

  16. #2476
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,528
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Penha to smurfs will infuriate many club supporters and members and IMO have a real effect on renewals next season, The only real surprise is was not Lederers mob of underachievers this time raping us.

    No wonder things had gone quite last couple of months since Jets came out said they were conversing with his parent club for next year.
    You saw the bit of the rumour where we “get” antonis right?

  17. #2477
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    5,094
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Penha to smurfs will infuriate many club supporters and members and IMO have a real effect on renewals next season, The only real surprise is was not Lederers mob of underachievers this time raping us.

    No wonder things had gone quite last couple of months since Jets came out said they were conversing with his parent club for next year.
    Us losing a player that was never ours and we 100% wouldve made an effort to keep within our means is going to effect renewals for members and supporters? How fickle do you think the reamaining 4-5k hardcore fans are
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  18. #2478
    Senior Member evolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Us losing a player that was never ours and we 100% wouldve made an effort to keep within our means is going to effect renewals for members and supporters? How fickle do you think the reamaining 4-5k hardcore fans are
    You'd be surprised. I mean just have a read of the comments in the various Facebook groups, the amount of morons out there who don't understand this is astounding.

  19. #2479
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    5,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    You saw the bit of the rumour where we “get” antonis right?
    Did everyone who is wetting their pants just see the word "rumour"? Sydney are linked to the best player in every team each off season.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

  20. #2480
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,386
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Us losing a player that was never ours and we 100% wouldve made an effort to keep within our means is going to effect renewals for members and supporters? How fickle do you think the reamaining 4-5k hardcore fans are
    Not fickle just disillusioned that once again there is potential for people to be pissed over what is regularly seen as a conflict of interest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •