Page 137 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 3065

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

a-league media mentions through the roof!

as the great steve bannon said: “flood the zone with shit”

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I've been thinking. In 10, 20 years from now, when this brouhaha is mostly forgotten, I want an A-League with strong, active support.

Therefore, I have decided that, in this matter, I must side with Horda and Nomadi.
    Whoreda
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

https://keepup.com.au/news/football-...robe-continues

Am I right - if victory travel, then the home team gets banned from active support as well?

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    https://keepup.com.au/news/football-...robe-continues

Am I right - if victory travel, then the home team gets banned from active support as well?
    Correct and only members allowed in

Banned
    Got to love this tinpot comp

They have now postponed and altered fixtures over a weather forecast for days into the future

Honestly what a bunch of morons

If the heat is an issue at this time if the year why not schedule kick offs at 2000 ???

Also why the **** do they take what the weatherman say as factual information???

Find it pretty funny that they weren’t expecting these 30+ days in December/January/February like we had last year.
    And the year before.
    And the year before.
    And the year before that.
    And before…..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Find it pretty funny that they weren’t expecting these 30+ days in December/January/February like we had last year.
    And the year before.
    And the year before.
    And before…..
    Maybe the Climate Change crowd have hijacked their dictate

Latest on the sale:
    A-League soccer, 2022: Jets ponder transfer window as important month looms
    By James Gardiner
    December 23 2022 - 6:30pm

NEWCASTLE Jets coach Arthur Papas hopes to strengthen "a couple of areas" during the A-League transfer window - but the chance of that happening is likely to hinge on the club's ownership situation.

The Jets have lost five of their past six games to slip to 10th position on a congested ladder. However, they are only five points behind second-placed Western Sydney.

Humbled 3-0 by arch rivals Central Coast Mariners in Gosford on Wednesday night, the Jets are away to third-placed Adelaide on Tuesday before hosting Sydney on New Year's Day.

Papas brought in 11 players for the start of his second season, headed by former Arsenal star Carl Jenkinson, Georgian international Beka Dartsmelia, dual championship-winner Brandon O'Neill and Olyroos attacker Reno Piscopo.

Although "really optimistic about what this group can do" the ambitious coach flagged additions to the squad when the A-League transfer window opens on January 10.

"We may need to look in to the market in January but I'm not sure if we can," he said.

"I think everyone understands the reality of our [ownership] structure and the ability to make changes to possibly improve the team in one or two areas. If that is available to us, then that would be a big difference."

The Jets are in the unique situation of having been bankrolled for the past two seasons by the owners of four rival clubs, who have incurred major losses.

Australian Professional Leagues is close to finalising the sale of the club to an Australian consortium. It is hoped the deal, which the Newcastle Herald understands is with the lawyers, will be completed by the end of January.

The A-League transfer window closes on February 8.

"There are teams, for example Perth Glory, who are actively signing Socceroos players (Adam Taggart)," Papas said. "That means they are ambitious and have ambitious owners who really want to make a step up. We want the same because that is what our community and people deserve.

"We have to be very, very grateful to the people who have kept this club alive. That is the first thing. This club would not be around if it wasn't for people who really care about the sport as a whole.

"In the end, you want to thrive, not just survive.

"I feel that we have done a really good job to build some identity and competitiveness from where we started. Does that mean if new owners come in that, fundamentally, we will be different, I'm not sure to be honest.

"If you can mix passion and investment together, you are on a pretty good track.

"I'm extremely passionate about coaching this club. New owners will decide the direction they want to go and how far they want to compete."

The other way to freshen up the squad is to offload a player, which requires that player to be in demand from another club.

Papas would not detail the specific areas of the squad he would like to improve.

However, it is clear they have not sufficiently replaced Brazilian Daniel Penha, who took up a lucrative deal in Korea after a season with the Jets in which he led the league with 11 assists and netted four goals.

"They are discussions for if and when it happens," Papas said. "I have a lot of belief in the group we have got. There are some areas where we can always get better. Our job is to get the best out of this group. They are a terrific group. I don't turn on my players. I take responsibility for what happens out there."

"If change was to come, hopefully, I will be part of that and making sure it gives us the chance to elevate even higher."
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    And the year before.
    And the year before.
    And before…..
    Climate crazies will have you believe every day over 35 degrees is an anomaly.

November to February as always been bloody hot in the main. Why they have even considered these "family friendly" pre 5pm kickoffs is anyone's guess. And it is showing in the crowds at those times.

What an absolute piece of shit scumbag lowlife that gypo coach is.

Aside from being a ****ing gypo, his response openly questioning why Glover was allowed to play after throwing a flare back is bottom feeder shit thats even somehow even below that gutter snake.

He mentioned it 3 ****ing times in a deliberate attempt to start shit. What a ****ing sook.

**** these assholes off out of our game.him, the club, that band, their 6 fans and every single one of their injecting rooms....sorry 'day care facilities'.

Scum.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

Aside from being a ****ing gypo, his response openly questioning why Glover was allowed to play after throwing a flare back is bottom feeder shit thats even somehow even below that gutter snake.

He mentioned it 3 ****ing times in a deliberate attempt to start shit. What a ****ing sook.

**** these assholes off out of our game.him, the club, that band, their 6 fans and every single one of their injecting rooms....sorry 'day care facilities'.

Scum.
    He though does have a point.

The dickheads at Victree are getting rubbed out

This dickhead Glover who used to play for the Gypos BTW wasn't even sanctioned for throwing the flare at the crowd

FFS he could have thrown it off the pitch and still missed where it actually landed by 20m

But no this Gypo threw it at the crowd and just missed them

Ain't no accident here pal

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I feel like you're giving Tom Glover too much credit here, you're assuming the flare went anywhere near where he attempted to throw it.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

Scum.

The dickheads at Victree are getting rubbed out

This dickhead Glover who used to play for the Gypos BTW wasn't even sanctioned for throwing the flare at the crowd

FFS he could have thrown it off the pitch and still missed where it actually landed by 20m

Amazingly, again, the good member has not only sympathized with a gypo, but has completely missed the point.

Updated tally of foz users who are gypos.

1. pv4.
    2. The member.

Sad really.

These 2 are both Gypos. Gee, you must have a free Bluetongue membahship to side with 1. disappointing

The Sydney v Wello match has now left me in no doubt Townsend has total control of this league.

An absolute joke that was tonight. He needs the Smurfs sniffing around that GF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    The Sydney v Wello match has now left me in no doubt Townsend has total control of this league.

Sydney can't even win games when refs gifts them two red cards AND two penalties. They are by fair and away the worst team in the league when you put it into context. Thankfully Corica won't even be able to get another A League gig after this season, walked into a title winning side and turned them into NPL battlers, it's actually impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    They are by fair and away the worst team in the league when you put it into context.
    I beg to differ. That title belongs to the Jets.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    I beg to differ. That title belongs to the Jets.
    They own the league and the refs, we don't even have owners yet somehow are only a point behind with a game in hand. Think you'll have a hard time convincing me we are somehow doing worse than them all things considered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

I agree..... here's a nice Squires pictorial representation!
    2023-01-08_104714.jpg