Page 139 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 3065

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I Agree, I think the Newcastle Herald are a little short of stories at the moment and have blown this out of proportion. Is Papas supposed to lie?

Youth team hasn't supplied anywhere near enough players ever.
    Thats due to the incompetence of said programs right through the club starting with owners and including current coaches on ALL levels.

Pappas is now part of the ongoing inept ignorance of our youth. We have the cattle but never had the appropriate programs.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I Agree, I think the Newcastle Herald are a little short of stories at the moment and have blown this out of proportion. Is Papas supposed to lie?

Youth team hasn't supplied anywhere near enough players ever.

I did watch last seasons NSW NPL 3 Grand Final online and I did see some potential First team players. Ben Van Dorssen and Angus Muddle do look class players who hopefully might get a chance to get a full time contract next A League season. But the reality is they are playing in the 3rd tier of NSW Football next season, Hardly the type of preparation for stepping up against A League opposition.
    The clubs is at fault full stop.

There's been plenty other worthy players. No one would have been bothered to check out but the youth setup has lacked a serious setup as is the pathway to firsts from arrogant dipsh1t coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Said it before say it again and and at the risk of being flamed by those parents who have paid through the nose on the back of false promises.

Too many kids get picked for these so called pathways/academies based on there families financial circumstances and as theses kids get older the reality sets in. I have seen many kids play football twice as good as some of these " cash cow kids " and not get the opportunities simply because of the prohibitive costs involved.

I can recall about ten years ago a kid not being selected for a rep team when he should have. My young bloke was one of the first picked but this other kid ran rings around my young bloke and every other one there on selection day. I guess the fact this kid was trialing in a t shirt that looked 3 sizes too big for him a pair of rugby league shorts socks up to his thighs and i kid you not a pair of what looked like 2nd generation hand me down Dunlop gold cup boots for all you old buggers like me out there. The kid was indigenous, a fact am sure was not missed either.Since that day and IMO this is one of the primary reasons we don't produce the way we should be.
    Ive seen that but actually amazingly happens to white kids as well since we are virtue signaling.
    The coaches who run the show will pick the kids in "their program" or the familiar parents after the obvious ones have been picked. Yes some parents prefer their talented child to stay completely out of the toxic political environment altogether.

My mates kid has the choice of AFL or soccer reps.
    I think AFL will win out as there are many more opportunities here in our own country.
    Last edited by Oldy; 18-01-2023 at 08:54 PM.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2023/01/2...ys-with-bulls/

Yorke leaves bulls by mutual agreement. Plenty of comments about rumours he'll replace Corica. Seems a bit far fetched to me but sydney do have the whole panic-stations look about them at the moment, so I wouldn't be overly surprised if it was true.

If we win today the much vaunted Australia Day Big Blue will be a spoon battle.

Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Bang on the money in my opinion.

I remember similar remarks from Leroy George and Honda about intensity of training and professionalism in general.

Sorry Ch10/P+, but pretending Australia Day doesn't exist, forcing your commentators to keep saying "26th January", and making the prematch to both A-League games look like NAIDOC week have ruined what has been a lovely peaceful day.

Your stream coming on 20 mins late didn't help my mood either.

Sorry Ch10/P+, but pretending Australia Day doesn't exist, forcing your commentators to keep saying "26th January", and making the prematch to both A-League games look like NAIDOC week have ruined what has been a lovely peaceful day.

Your stream coming on 20 mins late didn't help my mood either.
    Media has to comply with the far leftist culture so they keep their jobs and avoid social media attacks.

Pity we have to vilify all other cultures in this c*ntry on this day. But where im from im used to it.
    Last edited by finzee; 26-01-2023 at 08:35 PM.

GVE from boys youth to Jets womens 1st grade. Why?

Surely not, our youth system needs consistency

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Surely not, our youth system needs consistency
    Surely is. Agree. Youth needs a a stable setup. Any club for that matter

https://www.theroar.com.au/2023/02/0...l-second-tier/

Pretty big announcement. Glad to see it, I hope it meets expectations.

Our league atm isn’t sustainable, I can’t see how adding more clubs will assist this.

I know everyone is all pro pro/rel, but realistically how about we get a comp that can sustain itself first before adding more teams.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477;26***7
    Our league atm isn’t sustainable, I can’t see how adding more clubs will assist this.

I know everyone is all pro pro/rel, but realistically how about we get a comp that can sustain itself first before adding more teams.
    I think it will take many years for pro/rel between a-league and 2nd div to become a realistic option.

Adding a couple more teams won't hurt, imo.

FA is really doubling down even thinking of a 2nd tier comp when the first tier can't get owners, crowds or attract quality players.

Rule #1 in business when things are going shit, Create a diversion.

Not the best timing - they should ignore the NPL pressure and get the A-League house in order first.

The ALW is losing money hand over fist at the moment due to lack of genuine interest (ie - bums on seats and viewers), this is sheer folly.

Unless of course the idea is to have this ready for when the main league falls over and we go back to the 1990's.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Rule #1 in business when things are going shit, Create a diversion.
    And politics, exhibit one, the voice
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.