Page 152 of 155 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 3086

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    It's not just a soccer problem Thomas, I've seen abusive fathers dragged from netball courts by other fathers and told to fuk off. It's a society problem and an ad campaign by the Gov to shame the dickheads may help
    Maybe, but the other football codes seem to have it under control. At least in the example you used, the other parents stepped in. When was the last time a parent (or duty officer, but that’s another question altogether) tell someone to stfu? My guess is incredibly rarely.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I?ve had everything from parents coming onto the field to abuse me after I gave a throw in in a dead rubber last match of the season, to sending a 14yo off for constant dissent, to being abused as a clubbie. The whole sport needs to learn to shut the **** up and learn to behave. Passion isn?t an excuse to behave poorly, and that starts at the top.
    Agree. More parents than you think have the maturity of a 5yo. The tantrums over a throwin isnt funny.
    The tolerance is gone now. Sometimes wish someone would just do a FAAFO knock down on those guys, coaches included.
    Stfu and let the game go on.

https://aleagues.com.au/news/a-leagu...lian-football/

Good to hear from him. I know it's a bit of PR spin, but it is good to see some positive messages about the league.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post

Good to hear from him. I know it's a bit of PR spin, but it is good to see some positive messages about the league.
    As a pollie in a previous life and now Sky pundit i can't stand the bloke, His support for useless state premiers bugs the shit out of me however in this role i actually think he can be a good asset and bring some value with his connections in the corporate world.

I can't handle the bloke, he was one of the COVID crazies, and I watch Sky News.

He does have a love of the game going back to appearances on Santo, Sam and Ed however, so could yet prove a good choice.

Still alot of fluff in that letter though he does admit they abandoned the core support.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post

Since unbundling, aggressive 3 year growth strategy, Covid re-emerged, consecutive growth, digital strategy

conroy baby. He's the standard suited pencil neck who talks it up, writes it up, but delivers very little. He is a $$ thief at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

https://aleagues.com.au/news/marko-r...he-said-video/

They busted out a whole new lettuce to discipline Rudan. 1 match ban, further 1 match ban (suspended). That'll teach him.

I read it as a 2 match ban with 1 suspended belchardo but whatever it is it's a joke. Berates the refs, APL, FA, the league, and rival fans, who are obviously not of the calibre of the wankers fans
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...alian-football

Yet even as concerns mount in the wake of layoffs, the APL claims it is not obliged to publicly report its financials because it operates under a trust structure.

Despite the PFA?s concerns over some APL decisions, Gill said she was ?encouraged? by the APL announcing a new owner for Perth Glory on Friday, Ross Pelligra.

The deal for the club, for a reported $1, does not include any unit holdings in the league?s trust.
    I don't think that last paragraph has a typo in it. Interesting deal if true.

Had heard the $1 figure to be accurate for the license.

Not sure about the whole “access to holdings in the trust” thing and what that means for any potential revenue.

I read somewhere the deal was agreed upon after he committed to $4M each year to improve facilities, squad, programs etc. and seems APL thought that was money better spent.

Not really sure how that goes down with our prospective owners, Canberra or Auckland licensees. I guess they have the benefits of a clean slate, new license. Not sure what we are offering though.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    if Perth Glory are worth $1, what does that make the Jets worth?

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    if Perth Glory are worth $1, what does that make the Jets worth?
    Surly we can at least get a carton

Did our active support ever have issues like some other groups are having atm with the boys in blue?

Some pretty depressing stuff out there from the weekend.

From memory, it was mostly stadium security that thought they were cops.

Not sure though.

It did look like there was more police at our game then there normally would be.

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    It did look like there was more police at our game then there normally would be.
    That's because there were 100s of gypos at the stadium. The good officers of NSW police were fantastic forming a ring around me so the filth didn't get too close.

How the **** they got over Swansea bridge needs an immediate enquiry and heads must roll.

We need more police at games, not less.

https://aleagues.com.au/news/terry-a...ghts-maclaren/

A truly great night. Looking forward to watching the replay.

Obviously the coach is broken hearted at 7-0....

Rumours of a fist fight in the dressing room - see how it plays out.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

who do we s*ck for?

Daniel Elder appointed for our match tomorrow night.

Interestingly, the two premier referees in the competition, Alireza Faghani and Alex King, are yet to referee a Jets fixture this season
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles