Page 128 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 3065

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Bingo

Play the ****ing kids
    The smaller squad is fine as long as the talent is there, if not in the 11, Goodwin, Archbold, Mauragis need to be players 14,15 and 16 not 21,22 and 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    I'd take a smaller squad with more quality over a bigger squad with more average players taking up the salary cap. Injuries, suspensions will take a toll - but that's when you give the kids a shot. Fans would much rather see an 18 year old local than a 25 year old kiwi at his 7th club. I'm all for it.
    Couldn’t be a truer word spoken

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...-onto-a-league
    Soccer: Jets boss Shane Mattiske confident World Cup hype will flow onto A-League
    James Gardiner
    By James Gardiner
    Updated June 14 2022 - 5:53pm, first published 5:30pm

THE Newcastle Jets youth team and academy players sat, eyes glued to the television at the club's Speers Point headquarters as keeper Andrew Redmayne launched to his right to save the penalty that sent the Socceroos to the World Cup.

YEEEEESSSSS went the roar as the players sprung to their feet and ripped into a rendition of Ole, Ole,Ole.

Most in the room had been up since 3.30am. Many hadn't slept a wink, such was the anticipation.

There were similar scenes in lounge rooms across the nation as the Socceroos booked a spot at a fifth straight World Cup.

All of a sudden, football is back at the front of the Australian sporting queue.

Jets executive chairman Shane Mattiske hopes the World Cup hype will, not only inspire the next generation, but provide a timely boost for the A-League.

"It's a fantastic result for the whole country, it's going to be an exciting year ahead for all sports fans," Mattiske said. "Knowing that the Socceroos are through to the World Cup will bring a new level of excitement to football fans in the community and it will also engage more people in football generally."

The 2022-23 A-League season starts in October and is expected to break for three weeks during the World Cup.

"There is no doubt there will be more interest in football on a broader scale and that interest will come through in the A-League as well," Mattiske said.

Central to the Socceroos' success against Peru were A-League stars Redmayne, Jamie Maclaren and Craig Goodwin, with the later pair slotting spot kicks in the penalty shootout.

"We saw heroes emerge and some of those heroes are playing in the A-League," Mattiske said. "It is great to see players who are running around in the A-League week in week out, perform under the very brightest light internationally and carry us through to a World Cup."

The Jets signed fringe Socceroos Brandon O'Neil last week and are close to finalising at least three more additions as coach Arthur Papas builds the roster.

"With the upcoming Newcastle Jets A-League men's and women's seasons now starting to take shape, there is so much for this community to be excited about," Mattiske said. "We know the A-League will be stronger than ever and that the Jets will be stronger than ever. We have to do our very best to make the most of that."
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

So Couscous will be back soon?
    https://newcastlejetsfc.com.au/news/...all-department

Published June 15, 2022 at 16:52:11
    NEWCASTLE JETS ANNOUNCE FURTHER CHANGES TO FOOTBALL DEPARTMENT

The Newcastle Jets are pleased to announce further changes to their football structure ahead of the 2022-2023 season.

2007-2008 Championship-winning Coach Gary Van Egmond will return to the Club as an A-League Men’s Assistant Coach while also acting as a technical advisor to the A-League Women’s team.

Van Egmond will work alongside current Assistant Coach Arthur Diles to support Arthur Papas in the Men’s coaching structure as well as provide technical support to our Women’s Head Coach Ash Wilson.

This follows the Club’s earlier announcement confirming the extension of A-League Women’s Head Coach, Ash Wilson’s contract.

The Jets are also pleased to confirm the appointment of Ric Marchioli as Head of the Men’s Academy and Head of Boys Youth Development.

Ric will carry out responsibility for all aspects of the youth team while carrying the overall responsibility of male players within the academy including talent ID, coach mentoring, coaching structures as well as management of facilities and scheduling.

Executive Chairman, Shane Mattiske said “A strong focus for the Club is to ensure that across the whole Club, we have a strong football philosophy, technical foundation and alignment to our 1st Men and Women’s teams.

The confirmation of Ric into the role of Head of the Men’s Academy and Head Coach for the Men’s Youth team is a key step in creating a strong football structure at the Club.

Ric Marchioli has strong experience as both a senior coach and technical director in the Victorian NPL, as well as the State Development Program and just prior to the Jets, the Melbourne Victory. He’s been an integral part of our Men’s A-League staff this season just gone and he’ll be a valuable addition to our Academy and Youth structure moving forward.

There is no questioning the depth of experience that Gary Van Egmond holds in relation to Newcastle and the Jets. We’re very pleased to be welcoming Gary back as a formal part of our Men’s and Women’s team football structures.

We’re confident of the value that Gary will bring in as part of the coaching structure for our Men’s A-League team and in providing technical advice and guidance to our Women’s A-League Team.

With recent extension of Arthur Papas and Ash Wilson as our Men’s and Women’s Head coaches, the appointment of Huss, Gary and Ric into our broader football structures and the recruitment that is now well underway, we know we have the right foundations for an even more competitive launch at the 2022/23 A-League season.”

AUTHOR
    SOURCE
    Newcastle Jets FC
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post

Why I'm ****sname are we employing a guy who has Managed at ALeague level as an Assistant Manager ??

I worry now about possible white anting of Pappas

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Good to see some fresh faces in the academy area.

It had become a bit stagnant and it's reputation has taken a battering in recent seasons.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Good to see some fresh faces in the academy area.
    I agree it's good to see some changes but I worry about the whole 'multi role' approach, for eg. Marchioli as Head of the Men’s Academy, Head Coach for the Men’s Youth team and Head of Boys Youth Development and GVE as Men’s Assistant Coach and a technical advisor to the A-League Women’s team. In my business when you give the workers half a job to do here and half a job to there, you get half-arse jobs in both areas.

And what the hell is a Men's Youth coach? Giving someone an oxymoron as a job title is a bad start.

Good news guys!
    Arzani evaded an overseas contract and Is choosing to come to the A league to rejuvenate his career ahead of the World Cup.
    Sydney front runners not surprisingly…..

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Good news guys!
    Arzani evaded an overseas contract and Is choosing to come to the A league to rejuvenate his career ahead of the World Cup.
    Sydney front runners not surprisingly…..
    APL will empty the bank balance to make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    APL will empty the bank balance to make this happen.
    Isn’t this what the Marquee war chest is for?

#QatArzani2022

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Isn’t this what the Marquee war chest is for?

#QatArzani2022
    They only put enough money in to fund somebody like ibrahimovic or Ronaldo. They'll need more for the big Arz.

Feel sorry for Arzani, he's the type of player I like but has been surrounded by dickheads from the start. As we see every week in juniors, don't blame the kid for having an arsehole dad
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

If that means they'll leave Penha alone... welcome back Arzani!

Not particularly happy that the club has requested "family friendly' 5pm Saturday and 4pm Sunday kickoffs in the new draw.

I can see why they would ask but I am pretty certain going back over the last 25 years of National football our night matches have far outdrawn afternoon matches.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Not particularly happy that the club has requested "family friendly' 5pm Saturday and 4pm Sunday kickoffs in the new draw.

I can see why they would ask but I am pretty certain going back over the last 25 years of National football our night matches have far outdrawn afternoon matches.
    Quick calculation of average A-League home crowds between 2005 - 2019:

Family friendly time (up to 5:59pm kick off) - 10046

Non-family friendly (6pm onwards) - 10834
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Quick calculation of average A-League home crowds between 2005 - 2019:

Family friendly time (up to 5:59pm kick off) - 10046

Non-family friendly (6pm onwards) - 10834
    You are good - I was thinking back to Breakers and United as well!

Maybe the better atmos makes it seem bigger...
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

You are good - I was thinking back to Breakers and United as well!

Can include United NSL days. Tomorrow.

No point including 2020 data onwards. Gotta compare home games at our stadium
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Sunday Arvo's suck, too hot, We play better Friday Saturday nights, Club should prioritise those timeslots, Newcastle has given up on us, Just focus on winning things in our last few years of the club. The diehards who attend prefer night games anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Sunday Arvo's suck, too hot, We play better Friday Saturday nights, Club should prioritise those timeslots, Newcastle has given up on us, Just focus on winning things in our last few years of the club. The diehards who attend prefer night games anyway
    I actually prefer the afternoon games at this stage of my life. I want to take my kids (age 8 and 5) to build them as supporters of the club. Both are really interested but they can't last past 8pm, let alone at an 8pm kick-off.

With school and early starts with work.

You are god - I was thinking back to Breakers and United as well!

Fixed your typo.