Page 149 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 3086

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    As much as Gallop copped, he at least had experience running arguably Australia?s most successful competition.

Popular opinion that Vlandys is a ****, but you can?t argue he gets shit done. If he ran football, at least we?d know he was doing things for the good of the game.
    Bloke single handedly kept NRL operating during COVID despite doctors, political advice both nationally and internationally.

He?s now trying to expand the comp to 20 teams and get the Aus Govt to fund a PNG team to strengthen Australia?s relationship and deter China.
    Bloke could sell sand on the beach.
    PVL ruined the Broadcast deal singlehandedly by allowing Ch9 to do a smaller deal which in turn they used the spare cash to purchase the rights to Rugby Union, their biggest competitor on the Eastern States.

He has nothing to do with the PNG team, he is just a pawn in the middle this is purely the Aus Gov.

And don't even get me started on Horse Racing

Rinse repeat... can we as a fan base sue all responsible parties for this annual sh*tfest f*cking over our season?

Update from Executive Chairman - Jets v Mariners
    Newcastle Jets

I wanted to let you know that in the last 48 hours we've been working through a challenge related to the F3 Derby.

Below is a release that is being issued by the APL right now. In summary, the turf at McDonald Jones Stadium has not recovered as anticipated and as a result an agreement has now been reached to flip the home and away games for the F3 derby. We will now play at Industree Group Stadium on Saturday next week and then return for our home game on 2nd March. We of course also have a third derby game on 27th April at McDonald Jones Stadium.

This change provides confidence that next weekend's Derby will be played on a surface that is in great condition. Importantly - our members still get two home F3 Derby games and have reciprocal rights to attend the Gosford match as part of your Jets membership.

Whilst this is a change that we hadn't anticipated, I know our players are keen to take on the Mariners and they will want all of you there to back them up as we take the first step in bringing home the F3 derby trophy.

The APL media release is below.

I'll hope to see you this Sunday for the return of Emily Van Egmond at No. 2 Sportsground as we take on Melbourne City and will look forward to a big member turnout for game one of the F3 Derby!

Yours sincerely,

Shane Mattiske

Executive Chairman

Newcastle Jets FC

Good afternoon.

Please find below details of a fixture update for the Isuzu UTE A-League Men season 2023-24.

Rd 5 Saturday 25 November, 2023

Central Coast Mariners v Newcastle Jets

Industree Group Stadium

KO 5.30pm (AEDT)

Updated kick-off time and venue

R19 Saturday 2 March 2024

Newcastle Jets v Central Coast Mariners

McDonald Jones Stadium

6.00PM

Updated kick-off time and venue

Following ongoing consultation between the Australian Professional Leagues (APL), Venues NSW, Newcastle Jets and the Central Coast Mariners, the decision has been made to move the upcoming F3 derby between Newcastle Jets and the Central Coast Mariners to Industree Group Stadium, Gosford.

It was agreed today between all parties to proactively move the fixture in order to mitigate the risk of the match not proceeding on Saturday 25 November due to ongoing turf renovation following a recent Supercross event at McDonald Jones Stadium.

The reverse Isuzu UTE A-League Round 19 fixture that was initially scheduled to be played in Gosford will now be played in Newcastle at McDonald Jones Stadium on Saturday 2 March 2024.

As a result of this fixture reversal, the Liberty A-League Round 19 double header originally scheduled for Saturday 2 March 2024, between Central Coast Mariners and Adelaide United at Industree Group Stadium will be rescheduled to an alternate date to be confirmed in the next few weeks.

For more information about the A-Leagues please head to www.aleagues.com.au
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

I don't know if it's Venues NSW, but whoever approved the scheduling is a (insert random insult):
    Paul McCartney
    partial re-turf (by the look of the pitch last game)
    Football game
    Supercross
    re-turf

and then they say "the turf at McDonald Jones Stadium has not recovered as anticipated": what did they anticipate exactly? A miracle?

Nothing short of a disgrace

Soccer means nothing to Newcastle Council
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Soccer means nothing to Newcastle Council
    You do know that the stadium is run by a NSW Government entity?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

As fans we should protest and rally out the front of Mac Jones stadium during the next scheduled event other then football.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    As fans we should protest and rally out the front of Mac Jones stadium during the next scheduled event other then football.
    “Violent sokkah hooligans and gangs disrupt families at peaceful motorcycle event.”

Does anyone know what happens now for non members who bought tickets? Refunds? They do not mention that in their press releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    “Violent sokkah hooligans and gangs disrupt families at peaceful motorcycle event.”
    Followed by a week of mourning from psychological stress.

Quote Originally Posted by monz6 View Post
    Does anyone know what happens now for non members who bought tickets? Refunds? They do not mention that in their press releases.
    They'll get a refund.

All 4 of them.

Really, the Ch10/P+, coverage is getting bizarre. Tristan McManus on the weekend stating this is the "best league in the world". I had to check the subtitles, and it was unchallenged by the main team.

20231211_173303.jpg
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    You do know that the stadium is run by a NSW Government entity?
    You do realise my comment is 100% correct fktard.

The a**hole council couldnt give a sh*t about football but if a netball game got called off there'd be an inquiry straightup

You do realise my comment is 100% correct fktard.

The a**hole council couldnt give a sh*t about football but if a netball game got called off there'd be an inquiry straightup
    Took you long enough to reply, I must have hit a nerve.

I’m still wondering what the council has to do with a NSW Government run stadium forcing us to move a game? Or are you referring to the only CoN ground that we use, Number 2, being unavailable due to a concert? I’ll be honest, I hadn’t heard that one, the pitch looked in good nick over the weekend.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Took you long enough to reply, I must have hit a nerve.

I’m still wondering what the council has to do with a NSW Government run stadium forcing us to move a game? Or are you referring to the only CoN ground that we use, Number 2, being unavailable due to a concert? I’ll be honest, I hadn’t heard that one, the pitch looked in good nick over the weekend.
    haha bit upset i see.
    What has NCC done for boys/mens football? They sponsor the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    This sucks.

also, check on your mates. It never hurts to ask.

haha bit upset i see.
    What has NCC done for boys/mens football? They sponsor the girls.
    So you’re running away from the local forum to respond to a comment from nearly a month ago. Jog on champ.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Sad news about Stephen Laybutt. [The Fridge]
    Good memories of him as a player though - like when GVE slotted him in up front to finish a game and he probably looked better at the top of the formation than our regular forwards at the time.

afs.jpg

This looks interesting!