Page 102 of 154 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 3065

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Clearly Lawrie was too busy with more important issues, like making sure Ibini didn't leave us and do some real damage to the team for next year.

We can play without a coach, without an owner, maybe even without a licence if things keep going.... But we sure as shit can't play without Bernie Ibini!

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Clearly Lawrie was too busy with more important issues, like making sure Ibini didn't leave us and do some real damage to the team for next year.

We can play without a coach, without an owner, maybe even without a licence if things keep going.... But we sure as shit can't play without Bernie Ibini!
    Been saving that one up for the right moment eh

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    What a ****ing joke. There's no defending the club with this and seems like Lawrie who I love has dropped the ball
    Far out, Stanny has spoken poorly of both Ibini & Lawrie. This truly is the end times.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I miss Middleby. At least his incompetence was due to being incompetent, McKinna is just obviously ****ing us over now.
    ops:
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    To be fair what sort of people want to buy a business by looking at its financial position? Real business people buy stuff based on kit colours and wacky pranks on social media.
    Audit Report 2018-2020:
    1. Green kits would not sell
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Been saving that one up for the right moment eh
    I couldn't think of anything useful to add so went with sarcasm instead. I'm happy with my choice.

My actual thoughts are that Lawrie is most pleased with how this is unfolding. I reckon he doesn't care one bit if we fold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

The merger of the Jets with the Gypo's is ever so closer and a new license sold to either the Wolves or the ACT.

Anyone know the legality of this all being a ploy by the prospective owners - pull out of deal, FFA/Clubs take licence off Lee due to breaches and then prospective owners come back and pay a lower fee to the to FFA/Clubs that covers the outstanding money owed and not have to pay Lee whatever he wants - eg pay 5 mil to pay off debts instead of 9mil to Lee and still have to pay off creditors?

Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    Anyone know the legality of this all being a ploy by the prospective owners - pull out of deal, FFA/Clubs take licence off Lee due to breaches and then prospective owners come back and pay a lower fee to the to FFA/Clubs that covers the outstanding money owed and not have to pay Lee whatever he wants - eg pay 5 mil to pay off debts instead of 9mil to Lee and still have to pay off creditors?
    Thats what i was thinking, Holding out til the acquisition price is the value of the debt only and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    Yes that's exactly what normal smart business people do. Sadly, the gypo ceo only knows pretend business people so that's why you all get dragged along this bullshit every time.

Lawrie claiming we do have all the records and the club has done nothing wrong, So not sure what to believe. Hopefully we get an explanation
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Lawrie claiming we do have all the records and the club has done nothing wrong, So not sure what to believe. Hopefully we get an explanation
    If Lawrie's lips were moving when he said it, I think it's pretty obvious what you should believe.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    the records exist but they're just a wad of post it notes that Lawrie kept in the third drawer of an old filing cabinet

It's par for the course in Newcastle professional sport. It doesn't matter what the code or game is Newcastle always finds a way to fcuk it up be it intentional or not.
    This has been the case for a very long time. I'm not sure why but it appears that it's no accident given the consistency over the past 50 years or more,

I wonder how true this point about the club's accounts are...one of the positions the club has maintained on staff is a finance manager.

Maybe it's something the potential owners have used to deflect attention from them actually pulling the pin for other reasons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Are we going to exist? Who wants us? Do we turn to NNSWF?

In any other world if you sell a business with 5mil in debt the business is worth zero and if you pay out the debt it’s all yours. Not sure who would then tip on another 4 million. I think the buyer is pulling to put pressure on FFA

Maybe it's something the potential owners have used to deflect attention from them actually pulling the pin for other reasons?
    If the product was worth the price we'd have a bidding war.
    When people continually walk away and more importantly never actually even exist you need to point the finger squarely at the people asking too much for their half chewed bag of dicks of a club.
    New commission needs to grow a pair and just take the club back and give it away to some real live people. Any percieved threat that Lee will lawyer up to fight it are absurd. He won't pay the tea lady hows he gonna spring for a legal fight he knows he can't win especially when 'winning' means you get to keep the ****ing Newcastle Jets.

The only true outcome is for this to be a long play by Donald Trump to start a trade war with the Chinese, purposely lose the election by killing a quarter million potential American bidders and swoop in to secure the Jets dirt cheap.

I for one welcome Ivanka as our new CEO. Lord knows she's already done a better job than that gypo.

Surely now there can't be any people with a single iota of faith in Lawrie as CEO? He's been half-arseing his way through this job from the start and now there's a solid chance we might not have a club to support for a few years if things keep going down the same path.

We all know I dislike the bloke, and I would love to just sit here and insult him until the end of days, but at what point do we organise and go and tell the guy to **** right off before he destroys us?
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I wouldn't be surprised if authorities raided Lawries house and discovered 10,000 Jet shaped hats.