Page 112 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 3056

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Joey Lynch

Probably Boogs retiring
    Sad day for Newy if thats the case
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Sad day for Newy if thats the case
    His best is long gone and we cant carry both him and NTS anymore.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

His best is long gone and we cant carry both him and NTS anymore.
    Doesnt change that facts and it will take alot to replace his leadership and organisation at the back, Id keep NTS over him but he isnt much of a talker
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Doesnt change that facts and it will take alot to replace his leadership and organisation at the back, Id keep NTS over him but he isnt much of a talker
    His leadership and organisation at the back that has led to many goals being shipped over the last few years? sure
    Jaliens gives me the horn

His leadership and organisation at the back that has led to many goals being shipped over the last few years? sure
    We always look way worse at the back when he isn't fit is my main take away

love at first sight

People forget that before Boogaard came, the year we had under Stubbins there was zero leadership in the team. Nobody was vocal and we shipped 2.04 goals on average per game.

In the last 4 seasons with NTS and Boogaard there we have shipped 1.34 (GF Season), 1.48 (Merrick), 1.54 (Merrick/Deans/Robbo) and 1.46 (Deans) goals per game.

By comparison, our goals scored in the same period are 2.03, 1.33, 1.23 and 0.92.

Teams are always going to score goals against you. My thinking is that had we had a more functioning attack (i.e. attackers and midfielders) in that time that a) we would be defending less and b) we would have won more and been more successful.

Had we been more successful, we probably wouldn't be questioning this and looking at him AND Nikolai for the partnership they are - one of the best in our history.

HE's a smart footballer and when he does leave us, his absence will be missed and not easily replaced - much like we missed Dimi this year.

Agree that his best is behind on the field and I reckon had it not been for COVID and Donachie going overseas he may not have gone around again this year, but you cannot understate the positive impact that he's had on our club.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 11-06-2021 at 11:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    People forget that before Boogaard came, the year we had under Stubbins there was zero leadership in the team. Nobody was vocal and we shipped 2.04 goals on average per game.

In the last 4 seasons with NTS and Boogaard there we have shipped 1.34 (GF Season), 1.48 (Merrick), 1.54 (Merrick/Deans/Robbo) and 1.46 (Deans) goals per game.

By comparison, our goals scored in the same period are 2.03, 1.33, 1.23 and 0.92.

Teams are always going to score goals against you. My thinking is that had we had a more functioning attack (i.e. attackers and midfielders) in that time that a) we would be defending less and b) we would have won more and been more successful.

Had we been more successful, we probably wouldn't be questioning this and looking at him AND Nikolai for the partnership they are - one of the best in our history.

HE's a smart footballer and when he does leave us, his absence will be missed and not easily replaced - much like we missed Dimi this year.

Agree that his best is behind on the field and I reckon had it not been for COVID and Donachie going overseas he may not have gone around again this year, but you cannot understate the positive impact that he's had on our club.
    Spot on, mate!

Yeah, confirmed it is Boogs retiring..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Yeah, confirmed it is Boogs retiring..
    Donachie must be coming back

Boogs is one of the best footballers I have seen in the A-league.
    Champion footballer who will be very difficult to replace.

I may have been one of the people thinking we need to move on from Boogs this off season.

But that doesn't mean I don't understand how good a CB he was for us and how good a leader, and bloke by all accounts, he is/was. Boogs and NTS was a terrific CB pairing compared to everyone else I've seen in this league.

I hope he walks straight into a role on our bench, we still need his skillset just in a different capacity.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I may have been one of the people thinking we need to move on from Boogs this off season.

But that doesn't mean I don't understand how good a CB he was for us and how good a leader, and bloke by all accounts, he is/was. Boogs and NTS was a terrific CB pairing compared to everyone else I've seen in this league.

I hope he walks straight into a role on our bench, we still need his skillset just in a different capacity.
    I agree with all that you say. The timing was right for all.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

One thing I underestimated about Boogs for quite a few years was his ability on the ball. He has been by a long way our best ball playing CB in recent times, with great composure and calmness on the ball and fantastic passing range. The possession side of our game has suffered big time whenever he has been out, and whenever we have watched NTS or Jackson try to fill his shoes in playing the ball out from the back, pinging switches and penetrating lines with passes, his absence has been noted.

I don't know enough about Donachie as to whether he fill this role for us if he is to step in next season, but if not we will have a lot of work to do in adjusting how we play.

This to say nothing of intangibles and leadership, of which I'm sure he brought a lot as well.

I wouldn't have been disappointed had he gone around again.

The way he relentlessly hacked Berisha, with a smile on his face... I'll never forget that.
    Thanks Boogs!

Another gypo gone.
    Still too many hovering around.
    But its a start.
    Next.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Another gypo gone.
    Still too many hovering around.
    But its a start.
    Next.
    But he played for us first in the NSL. He also gave the ball to Vidmar to assist Griff scoring inthe grand final.

I'd say he's more a mole.

Boogs, Topor and Johnny K are better midfielders than the ones that we have had for years, thats the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Boogs, Topor and Johnny K are better midfielders than the ones that we have had for years, thats the problem
    I mean yeah... right up until the have to run all around the pitch and then try to pass under pressure.

I'll admit they are all good passers, but let's not let things get out of hand.

Also, has anyone forgotten that Victory won the spoon this year?? Cause I haven't, lol.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Also, has anyone forgotten that Victory won the spoon this year?? Cause I haven't, lol.
    This... hahaha

I'm still p!ssin' myself

After the sh!t season we've had? That win last night was a release of the pressure valve.
    Two things I can think of to have possibly made that win sweeter are:-
    a) the winning goal coming from a controversial VAR decision...in the 96th minute.
    b) the result in another multiverse sends the Tards down a division.
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022