Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1558

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2018

  1. #1461
    Senior Member Retro Jet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,219
    Following on from Lucy's recent comments,
    Q: Where do p!ssants live?
    A: In a sh!thole


    https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/f...-sledge!748240

    Wonder what she thinks of the sCCuM Coast???
    Last edited by Retro Jet; 30-09-2019 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Link added...for clarification.

  2. #1462
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,774
    Received membership pack...

    Cardboard fixture list.
    5-9 year member pin (even though I am 10 year plus)
    Member cards with wrong seat numbers
    Noticed one of us is paying for two memberships!

    Ah well - luckily the guys at the office are very helpful.

  3. #1463
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,586
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  4. #1464
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Received membership pack...

    Cardboard fixture list.
    5-9 year member pin (even though I am 10 year plus)
    Member cards with wrong seat numbers
    Noticed one of us is paying for two memberships!

    Ah well - luckily the guys at the office are very helpful.

    They tried to charge me for 2 membership as well. Dodgy bros FC over here hoping people don't notice the charge on their card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  5. #1465
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,313
    Abc to show every saturday 5pm match, some fibals (on delay) most socceroos matches, all matildas, all w-league for the next two years. A good thing i think.

    https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-...ralia/11562648

  6. #1466
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,572
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Abc to show every saturday 5pm match, some fibals (on delay) most socceroos matches, all matildas, all w-league for the next two years. A good thing i think.

    https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-...ralia/11562648
    'Good' if you like the idea of the new dude at Fox hating the A-league and desperately trying to dump it.
    Take note of how many studio shows fox will do this year. Word is they are being cut back massively too.

  7. #1467
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    They tried to charge me for 2 membership as well. Dodgy bros FC over here hoping people don't notice the charge on their card.
    More likely just a broken system, rather than double charging on purpose.

  8. #1468
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,221
    Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    More likely just a broken system, rather than double charging on purpose.
    Yeah, they have had issues with their payment systems..
    My auto-renewal didn't go through due to getting a new credit/debit card..
    Have been trying for days to pay online with new card, wouldn't happen.. Took forever to get through on the phone, the poor chick is worked off her feet..
    In theory, its all sorted now..

  9. #1469
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,774
    Advice - go the email route, gives them a bit of space and they usually reply and sort things accurately within a couple of hours. Easier without someone on the phone breathing down their neck.

  10. #1470
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Advice - go the email route, gives them a bit of space and they usually reply and sort things accurately within a couple of hours. Easier without someone on the phone breathing down their neck.
    Can confirm, this is the best way to get it done..

  11. #1471
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,629
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    'Good' if you like the idea of the new dude at Fox hating the A-league and desperately trying to dump it.
    Take note of how many studio shows fox will do this year. Word is they are being cut back massively too.
    No great loss hearing less of Slater Harper and Brendon Speed

    This is gonna be an actual blessing
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  12. #1472
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    399
    Extract from 'Even Heskey Scored' - Emile Heskey's Autobiography: 'It was a humbling experience'

    A bit about his time in Newy and how he ended up here.

    Link

  13. #1473
    Senior Member Couscous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Worldwide culinary phenomenon
    Posts
    1,170
    Mr Heskey:

    The club operated with a European coaching set-up, with Gary van Egmond in the head coach role, and a heavy Dutch influence on the coaching style. He was a very good and knowledgeable coach, who I could see would be effective coaching younger players, working on specific technical improvements in their game. I understood what he was trying to do, but some of the players didnít engage as well as they could have, as he gave a lot of information and detail.
    TLDR: "GVE was too good for the Jets."

  14. #1474
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Mr Heskey:

    TLDR: "GVE was too good for the Jets."
    Heskey:
    We played out from the back on every occasion, with the goalkeeper not allowed to kick the ball long. Our centre-backs would spread wide to receive the ball, the fullbacks would push on and midfielders would drop deep. This was all well and good in theory, but we simply didnít have the standard of players to play this way and as soon as they were put under pressure we would panic and either give the ball away, or boot it clear.
    =GVE was a narcissistic fantasist who really had no idea how to coach a real team... well spotted Emile
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  15. #1475
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,586
    https://www.newcastlejets.com.au/new...-season-launch

    Second year in a row Jets have called off the members' day so they can re-organise it for a less convenient time when no-one will be available to show up, not a good look for the club among their faithful, who organises this shit Jets?

    On a brighter note, there is a bus to sCCuMsford for the chronically lazy who don't want to train it:
    https://am.ticketmaster.com/newcastlejets/F3derby#/
    Last edited by turbojetfireV8; 11-10-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  16. #1476
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,774
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    https://www.newcastlejets.com.au/new...-season-launch

    Second year in a row Jets have called off the members' day so they can re-organise it for a less convenient time when no-one will be available to show up, not a good look for the club among their faithful, who organises this shit Jets?

    On a brighter note, there is a bus to sCCuMsford for the chronically lazy who don't want to train it:
    https://am.ticketmaster.com/newcastlejets/F3derby#/
    Probably cancelled cos one and only superstar Dimi can't make it.

    How they will fit it in between now and season start next Saturday is anyone's guess.

  17. #1477
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,774
    This came from nowhere...new pitch being installed.

    https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...pitch/?cs=7580

  18. #1478
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    This came from nowhere...new pitch being installed.

    https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...pitch/?cs=7580
    Awesome news, and just in time for Monster Trucks!!!

  19. #1479
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,572
    So has everyone else got their members tickets yet?

    I don't, but that's because the club hates me.

  20. #1480
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    So has everyone else got their members tickets yet?

    I don't, but that's because the club hates me.
    Yup, I swapped seats about 2-3 weeks ago as well and received the updated cards at the end of last week.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •