Page 105 of 154 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 3064

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

None of this would ever have happened if they only served full strength beer at home games.

whoa, just saw an ad for the a-league on fox.

lucky i was sitting down.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/12/1...some-old-fans/

Mike Tuckerman article from the roar

https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/12/1...kwest-stadium/

Ibini heading to wanderers. I'm shocked.

Ziggy Gordon too - here's his parting words to CCM - “I’m a winner and I’ll never apologise for it. I want to be among other winners,”

Ziggy Gordon too - here's his parting words to CCM - “I’m a winner and I’ll never apologise for it. I want to be among other winners,”
    WOW... sounds like he's Michel Jordan.
    He obviously didn't know he was a winner when he signed for CCM... must have been a recent revelation 🤣
    Why don't footballers THINK, even just a little bit, before making their statements...

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    WOW... sounds like he's Michel Jordan.
    He obviously didn't know he was a winner when he signed for CCM... must have been a recent revelation 🤣
    Why don't footballers THINK, even just a little bit, before making their statements...
    He's Scottish with red hair - it's an open and shut case with that much evidence stacked against him.

I'm convinced the welchman must have signed Gordon sight unseen, he played like a busted ass last season for the sCCuM, not sure we'd even be desperate enough to sign him...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Ibini's starting for the Wanderers today: https://twitter.com/wswanderersfc/st...118439937?s=19

Ibini who ?. Never of heard of the bloke ?.

Must be a nobody.

There is a Princess Ibini who goes ok in Women's football. Does she have a sister ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Ibini's starting for the Wanderers today: https://twitter.com/wswanderersfc/st...118439937?s=19
    That was a quick recovery. Those online doctors know their stuff.

Can't have 3 grubs at a club. Wanderers are farkt
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Fixtures being rescheduled so NSW teams play eachother and outside nsw play eachother.

Well done. Didn’t expect a plan b haha

I love how no one seems to care that the league's major sponsor this year will be Bunnings. I do like that they are embracing our leagues meme value rather more tho, probably the only reason we are relevant worldwide is the silly nonsense that goes on each month. Might as well run with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I love how no one seems to care that the league's major sponsor this year will be Bunnings. I do like that they are embracing our leagues meme value rather more tho, probably the only reason we are relevant worldwide is the silly nonsense that goes on each month. Might as well run with it.
    Bruh if it gets me a discount at bunnings I'll tattoo my membership number on my forehead.

How dare we have a sponsor actually useful for heaps of the support base.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Bruh if it gets me a discount at bunnings I'll tattoo my membership number on my forehead.

How dare we have a sponsor actually useful for heaps of the support base.
    I feel like I touched a nerve here by accident. Is there a big Newcastle Bunnings supporters group that I don't know about, haha.

I don't think I've ever gotten a discount at any major sponsor of the A League since I became a member, I didn't even know that was a thing. Have you all gotten free Hyundai's and I wasn't told? Cause I don't really care about a free Hyundai, but I'm still offended no one told me.

I do like the game day sponsorship where we get a free big Mac everytime we win a home game. It'll be a good way to lose some weight waiting for it to happen over the year at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Can't see anything wrong with Bunnings tbh.
    I actually think it's pretty good.

There was a $500 discount on new Hyundays at some stage, or something like that - not something you would use every day, but it was there.
    Last edited by mic22; 24-12-2020 at 09:04 AM.

I'd be more concerned about this (Sydney Herald:

The Central Coast Mariners have distanced themselves from a mooted investor and undischarged bankrupt who claims to have ownership links to a former La Liga club, saying he has failed to show "real commitment" to buying the club.

Sydney businessman Abdul Helou, who claims to be a part-owner of Spanish Segunda Division outfit Rayo Vallecano, has previously declared his interest in purchasing the A-League club from current chairman Mike Charlesworth.

The Mariners have distanced themselves from mooted owner Abdul Helou.

On Wednesday, Helou gave a wide-ranging interview to SBS – which the Mariners say violated a non-disclosure agreement he signed with the club – claiming he was in the "final stages" of the takeover, that he had already invested "transition monies", and that he was considering mass changes to the squad, coaching staff, and administration and leadership of the club in the season after next.

The Mariners issued an almost immediate rebuttal in a statement, dismissing Helou's "false claims" that his investment proposal had advanced to such a stage.

Sydney businessman Abdul Helou claimed to be on the cusp of buying the Mariners.

Sources close to the situation indicate that while Helou has claimed to have paid the Mariners a deposit, the money was not received by the club, an allegation denied by Helou. The Mariners have since ordered Helou to stop speaking publicly about the subject and obey the NDA he signed, according to the sources.

The Mariners have also been unable to uncover any definitive proof that Helou is involved with Rayo Vallecano, who have spent most of the past decade bouncing between Spain's top two tiers.

According to Australian Financial Security Authority records, Helou was declared bankrupt in September 2020.

Chief executive Shaun Mielekamp said: "Helou has not been in contact with Football Australia regarding the due diligence process that is a necessary requirement of ownership and has failed to show any real commitment to potential investment aside from speaking to media.

"The club has ensured that the sale process is undertaken in a professional and diligent manner to find the right investment model for the club's long-term growth and progress.

"This process involves non-disclosure agreements being adhered to and thorough due diligence checks being completed. It is important that all potential investors for the club understand the importance of the professionalism and processes required to progress discussions on the future of the club."

Rayo Vallecano has spent most of the last decade bouncing between Spain's top two divisions. Pictured left is ex-Melbourne Victory midfielder Raul Baena, who once played for them.

Helou insisted he had submitted due diligence documentation to Football Australia and paid a deposit to the Mariners.

"My lawyers are all across it. We definitely have paid a deposit, I've got receipts to prove it. They have received a deposit, or their lawyers have at the very least," he told the Herald.

Helou said his interview with SBS was a "friendly chat" that was supposed to be off the record, and that he had since "put in place a full PR team to clean it all up, because it's doing more damage than good."

"Shaun's ultimate worry is it's going to distract players and staff away from the season, because I'll be stepping in after the season starts – we always knew that because of the time and the process it takes. It's taken time but my lawyers are doing their thing," he said.

"I'm just going to push on, regardless of what anyone says. One crappy article is not going to stop me from doing what I need to do. If Charlesworth and Central Coast change their minds, there are three other [A-League] clubs that are knocking on my door, 'please buy us'. If it doesn't happen with one, I'll go to the next."

Asked if one of those clubs was the ownerless Newcastle Jets, he said: "Absolutely. Lawrie McKinna and I are close."

Helou did not deny a bankruptcy claim had been filed against him but said he was challenging it in court. "That was a false bankruptcy claim. That will eventually be quashed," he said.

As for his links to Rayo Vallecano, Helou said he did not own part of the club itself but its associated property, through a holding company in Spain. "The company that owns the property, I bought shares in them," he said.

"When I say I own Rayo Vallecano, I own the infrastructure and the fiscal entities behind it. Am I involved in the club day-to-day? No. Am I sitting on the board? No. Am I involved with the decision-making? No, but I've got a larger property play in Spain."

Rayo Vallecano has not responded to requests to verify Helou's claims.

Helou also took the time on Wednesday to respond to comments from Mariners fans on Facebook in a thread under the club's statement, which was posted on the social media platform. "Tell me again how you know me? My financial situation?" he said to one supporter.

The Mariners are one of several A-League clubs to have entertained sale offers this year. In February, Perth Glory were on the brink of a sale to the London Football Exchange, a UK-based blockchain company that intended to set up a City Football Group-style network of clubs around the world using cryptocurrency 'tokens'.

It later emerged that the LFE's founder and frontman, Jim Aylward, was a convicted fraudster named James Abbass Biniaz.

Central Coast's nearest rivals, Newcastle Jets, are also on the market for a new owner after separate talks with a Sydney-based consortium collapsed this month.

Unlike the Jets, who are set to be bailed out by a 'hardship fund' provided by other A-League club owners, the Mariners will enter the season under the unpopular stewardship of Charlesworth, who has been chairman since 2013 and is content to stay on until a suitable buyer is found – despite initial threats he would hand the club's licence back to Football Australia if that wasn't possible.

Also, isn’t the Bunnings thing just a sponsoring the Table and the team of the week?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Also, isn’t the Bunnings thing just a sponsoring the Table and the team of the week?
    Yes - https://www.a-league.com.au/news/lea...-deal-bunnings

But people read social media and take it as gospel.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS