Page 57 of 154 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 3064

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    What he actually says in the article I have tend to agree with him. He should have been out with this from the get go though and not making it seem as though Northern were just Lowy lackies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    What he actually says in the article I have tend to agree with him. He should have been out with this from the get go though and not making it seem as though Northern were just Lowy lackies.
    Walker said the NNSWF board was concerned about proposed changes to an abstinence rule governing FFA director appointments, the timing of new congress membership and gender equality requirements.
    yep, looks like they are holding football to ransom in order to tackle all the big issues.

Also, they are worried the A-League clubs running the A-League will be at the detriment of grassroots football. If only organisations like NNSW etc had enough time and track record in order to keep rego costs down, not have outlandishily expensive rep pathways and work together with other federations and other involved bodies in order to streamline the football family tree.

yep, if only.........
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Northern didnt ever make it out that they were Lowys lackies

It was every two bit journos coming up with these assessments of NNSW NT ACT and Tas Feds coupled with every nutter on Sockah Twitte having a crack because they were buying the medias spin hook line and sinker

Where Northern failed is being clueless enough to let weeks go by whilst their name was dragged through the mud of public opinion.before opening their gobs to state their point of view on the matter

End of day these small feds were never going to be Lowys lackies but more concerned with their own continued existence and keeping their power in any reform

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    yep, looks like they are holding football to ransom in order to tackle all the big issues.

Also, they are worried the A-League clubs running the A-League will be at the detriment of grassroots football. If only organisations like NNSW etc had enough time and track record in order to keep rego costs down, not have outlandishily expensive rep pathways and work together with other federations and other involved bodies in order to streamline the football family tree.

yep, if only.........
    He actually states that Northern has no issue with the proposed congress make up. And has made no mention of problems against the A league clubs running the league. The problem is that they should have vocalised this weeks ago, it appears that they are in board with the bulk of the proposals but see some finer details that need tweaking, this is perfectly normal in such a big change to an organization, this seems a bit different from the ACT who are just in Lowys pocket. The media keep calling Northern a small and minor player with Tas and ACT but NNSW have more registered players than SA and QLD

He actually states that Northern has no issue with the proposed congress make up. And has made no mention of problems against the A league clubs running the league. The problem is that they should have vocalised this weeks ago, it appears that they are in board with the bulk of the proposals but see some finer details that need tweaking, this is perfectly normal in such a big change to an organization, this seems a bit different from the ACT who are just in Lowys pocket. The media keep calling Northern a small and minor player with Tas and ACT but NNSW have more registered players than SA and QLD
    he can state whatever he wants, the simple fact is that his organisation is being asked to hand over a hell of a lot of their power, and thats just something that most people in his position arent down with.

seriously though, is anyone out there singing from the rooftops about how good a job NNSW is doing?
    small sample size i know but jeez they have to be about the most complained about organisation around these parts.

prob the perfect thing that could happen to them is having a whole heap of their cash and power taken off them, maybe then they'll concentrate on their core business.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    prob the perfect thing that could happen to them is having a whole heap of their cash and power taken off them, maybe then they'll concentrate on their core business.
    Extorting money from parents who are stupid enough to believe their kids have a chance of playing professionally ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Extorting money from parents who are stupid enough to believe their kids have a chance of playing professionally ?
    They and others have been doing this since 2006 selling the dream to " my kids the best " parents. It is what funds the game because the game can't fund itself from the top down so what better form of revenue generator than a parent who thinks there kid is the best. Every kid who can kick a ball is now elite because there is a quid to be made from it and a parents ego to stimulate.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    They and others have been doing this since 2006 selling the dream to " my kids the best " parents. It is what funds the game because the game can't fund itself from the top down so what better form of revenue generator than a parent who thinks there kid is the best. Every kid who can kick a ball is now elite because there is a quid to be made from it and a parents ego to stimulate.
    So true

Banned
    Gender equality or gender bullying? If 3 guys can run the league then so be it. tokenism to stop the bad press of the feminazi regime.

Women didn't want to know about it until they got their league up and running. Before that it was i'm sick of you lazy men watching football again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoxWDgNWQsg

Newy Podcast with an interview from our Lord and Savior
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Boogs and Hoff have signed extensions until the end of the 19/20 season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    **** no

Excellant news. Club again moving in the right direction. Well done Griff and Lawrie and well done Boogs and Hoffy

No expansion?

No word on it. But, given the new congress will be meeting next month to elect new directors, and there are a number of new standing committees to be formed, I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement (or even the expansion) gets delayed.

Why the heck did we resign Boogs this early? He is one injury away from retirement! Why not wait until mid season and do it then. Its not like he's gonna have offers to play elsewhere. Nobodies loses that way and we mitigate a bit of risk throughout the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Verified Plastic View Post
    Hilarious that the article infers that A-League clubs could break away in a bid to run their own competition.

Ummmm, isnt that the desired result?