Page 96 of 154 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 3064

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    so Laurie's email this afternoon puts things in perspective

no money from the owner since October last year

begs the question of why any of them are staying
    Phernz will have to help me here, maybe others that listened to the Lawrie jerkstream preseason podcasts also. This also largely hinges on believing Lawrie's direct words, which as even some extremely loyal fans have pointed out is up to us all to choose if we actually believe what he says or not..

In at least one of the Jerkstream podcasts with Lawrie, he went into some detail about how hard it was for Martin Lee to get money to us, and Lawrie even said he was doing either 3-monthly or maybe even yearly blocks. Just a lump sum, budgeted, that we had to manage throughout the timeframe until the next block sum.

Hearing this recent news, if true, that we have had no money directly from the owner since October last year throws up many possible scenarios but with the above in context all I assume it means is our yearly lump sum is now due, being October one year later, and so we are waiting on that.
    OK

Feel sorry for JP - got completely blindsided for what looks like no apparent reason on his part.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

I think all the coaches sacked by wsw must be laughing when they see it happening again - and the team performance consistently deteriorating.

What I fear now is CR trying to poach our best players: I hope the players' contracts are written better than the coaches'

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    I think all the coaches sacked by wsw must be laughing when they see it happening again - and the team performance consistently deteriorating.

What I fear now is CR trying to poach our best players: I hope the players' contracts are written better than the coaches'
    Who says the players would want to go with him after he jumped ship on them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Who says the players would want to go with him after he jumped ship on them?
    one look at the Jets should answer that question

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post

None of the contracts would be enforceable given the clubs financial situation and / or Job Keeper payments being used - unless the players received full wages and Job Keeper was only used to top them up.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 16-10-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    one look at the Jets should answer that question
    Players will be loyal to their Management Agency reps more so than their clubs. Robinson's with AVID as are many of our players including Ledley and Ugarkovich.
    I'm expecting Uga to make an announcement very soon - and it won't be good news for Jets fans.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Phernz will have to help me here, maybe others that listened to the Lawrie jerkstream preseason podcasts also. This also largely hinges on believing Lawrie's direct words, which as even some extremely loyal fans have pointed out is up to us all to choose if we actually believe what he says or not..

In at least one of the Jerkstream podcasts with Lawrie, he went into some detail about how hard it was for Martin Lee to get money to us, and Lawrie even said he was doing either 3-monthly or maybe even yearly blocks. Just a lump sum, budgeted, that we had to manage throughout the timeframe until the next block sum.

Hearing this recent news, if true, that we have had no money directly from the owner since October last year throws up many possible scenarios but with the above in context all I assume it means is our yearly lump sum is now due, being October one year later, and so we are waiting on that.

I dont remember anything specific regarding the regularity of money transfers from Ledman, other than it was difficult to make happen on a regular basis due to Chinese govt restrictions.
    However one very interesting tidbit that came out in the presser posted on the Jets social media yesterday was that Lawrie specifically said Lee wont pay any further contributions. Thats to say that he has made a conscious decision to cease funding. Why havent the FFA taken back the licence and sold the club to another party if thats the case, as Martin Lee has clearly reneged on the conditions of ownership of the licence to fund the club? Why are we waiting for this mythical $15mil bidder to pay back Martin's supposed amount of investment into the club since he took over? Con and Tinkler were both removed as owners by the FFA when money problems became too difficult for the FFA to stomach, so why has Ledman been allowed to stop funding 12 months ago with no action being taken whatsoever?
    I can only speculate that there are some specifics in the FFA/Ledman contract regarding removal of the licence by the FFA that have possibly come into play. Unfortunately we may never know.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

The FFA won't want to take us back with only a week or so until the club's takeover control of the league. (I think that time frame is right).

So we will have to wait until that change and then hope that the other clubs can all throw in and take us back. I wonder if there's any rules in place for this tho, maybe when the club's takeover they don't have an opportunity/right to "take back" licences at all? It might be sale or fold, no in between?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    However one very interesting tidbit that came out in the presser posted on the Jets social media yesterday was that Lawrie specifically said Lee wont pay any further contributions. Thats to say that he has made a conscious decision to cease funding. Why havent the FFA taken back the licence and sold the club to another party if thats the case, as Martin Lee has clearly reneged on the conditions of ownership of the licence to fund the club?
    Yes. Take it off him.

What's he going to do, come over? stop selling lights to Oz?

More gutless action from our greatest ever national coach

https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/10/2...oach-in-korea/

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    More gutless action from our greatest ever national coach

https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/10/2...oach-in-korea/
    https://twitter.com/TheWorldGame/sta...547966465?s=19

Stop ruining my hatred with your facts.

Topor being Topor in the Herald this morning (initial reaction "wasn't pleasant").

Small note that Fitz wants to go to India too.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

https://www.theguardian.com/football...and-at-wembley

Socceroos v england then US is off

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-...eason/12816704

Wellington to be based in wollongong for start of the season.

Seems appropriate.

Wollongong Phoenix, I assume WIN stadium will be there home ground. LOLs at Perf, shame if McGowan doesn't let them out of the state, won't be missed...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

So does that mean we will eventually be shipped off to Canberra, now that the 'Gong is taken?

Roar apparently playing all home games at Dolphins Stadium this coming season.