Page 107 of 154 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 3065

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Not a Lawrie fan in the slightest but he HAS brought parties and offers to the owner Lee for his consideration in the past.In fact one of those interested made two offers to which Lee declined.

I think Lawries job was to walk parties through the road to a sale get an ultimate commitment out of them forward a figure from them to Lee. Not sure he has failed on that KPI.
    Im still shocked that people believe a word that gypo says in public either through himself or his surrogates in the media.
    The luncheon speech, when he was inside with the perceived local movers and shakers was all you needed to know about the bloke.
    The sooner his ass is out the door the better.

I have no problem with Lawrie being moved on, In actual fact i have previously stated a post just weeks ago i don't want my CEO knowing more about football than he does does running a business. Just as i don't want anybody in charge of a football Dept knowing more about business.

But on the particular issue of bringing in offers for the club, To be fair Lawrie did do that.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    IMO the spotlight is well and truly on the intentions of those carrying the can at the minute for the Jets. The way i see it two things can happen here

1.The group responsible can look to move the Jets on in a timely manner to a previously interested party for the sum of there out of pocket expenses only. This move forward would allow us to make some additional signings inc a decent #10, Fill our squad and re-assure anymore potential bed wetters at the club off and on the field.

or worse

2. They can also prove to be as obstructive as Lee in dollar terms in there expectation for what they want in return for there involvement and drag this shitshow out even further all because they want to make a few bucks for there investing time and dollars to drag the circus away from Martin Lee.

If as reported Gerry Ryan was a previous interested party and he still has some interest that can be rekindled then that call should have been made already to him.

Past experience in ownership with Melb City, Ownership of the Melbourne Storm and investing in other sports, extending a hand to this bloke is a no brainer especially now with Lee's inflated interpretation in value of the Jets no longer a consideration.
    I would assume that they will move it on as quickly as possible. The danger for us is that they move it on to a party that would be interested in moving the licence.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    I would assume that they will move it on as quickly as possible. The danger for us is that they move it on to a party that would be interested in moving the licence.
    I wouldn't think so at this point time. 2 potentials would be the Wolves and ACT, Not sure Lederer or the Smurfs would want any possibility of a license being any closer to there catchment area than those already in existence.

Many of my relo's in Wollongong are smurf fans.

It has been said a gazillion times....there is no untapped market left in Australia that is bigger than a well run Jets with 10,000 members. Not going anywhere.

APL can now sell and make a profit on an asset without hindrance. Should be very appealing, depending on remaining debt of course.

If Lederer is involved he'll pick the club of any potential before throwing it away. He's already taken the coaching staff, ibini, Steve ug is gone, they just got Noah James but don't worry I bet that nice new contract he signed is now null and void too, very convenient for Lederers wanders. Watch any promising juniors end up at WSW or accomplices. All this luck for the guy with the inside knowledge of when the shit is going to hit the fan, must just be a series of really fortunate coincidences.

I feel once the carcass is picked clean what's left will be tossed to the highest bidder no matter the quality of the new ownership or any relocation goals, last thing this mob will want is a cashed up or competent competitor they'll just want their pieces of silver

You never know we might see a spiritual rebirth of the Jets in the new second division if it ever gets off the ground.

Unless " entity " provides for a quick transfer of ownership then today's announcement essentially will mean two tenths of sweet screw all for our season because i don't see other clubs owners putting in to improve the quality and number of humans to our squad.

Until we have a new overlord in our own right not funded by other owners not much will be changing on the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    If Lederer is involved he'll pick the club of any potential before throwing it away. He's already taken the coaching staff, ibini, Steve ug is gone, they just got Noah James but don't worry I bet that nice new contract he signed is now null and void too, very convenient for Lederers wanders. Watch any promising juniors end up at WSW or accomplices. All this luck for the guy with the inside knowledge of when the shit is going to hit the fan, must just be a series of really fortunate coincidences.

I feel once the carcass is picked clean what's left will be tossed to the highest bidder no matter the quality of the new ownership or any relocation goals, last thing this mob will want is a cashed up or competent competitor they'll just want their pieces of silver

You never know we might see a spiritual rebirth of the Jets in the new second division if it ever gets off the ground.
    Agree totally, That is why i suggested real change needs to happen quickly so the likes of those keeping our heads above water have limited time to cherry pick the shit out of the place

Yehh, I’m curious to see all these parties that “pulled out” for various reasons.
    I imagine they were being LED along by Lee, and then realised he’s unwilling to drop his price and given the circumstances would wait until they strip the license.

I don’t really see much incentive for this consortium of already owners to put bits of their money into us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Yehh, I’m curious to see all these parties that “pulled out” for various reasons.
    I imagine they were being LED along by Lee, and then realised he’s unwilling to drop his price and given the circumstances would wait until they strip the license.

I don’t really see much incentive for this consortium of already owners to put bits of their money into us.
    in this scenario, i think they do have a bit of an incentive. say lee wanted $15m, and of that $5m was debt. The Entity (and i think The Entity should always be spelt with initial capitals) could put a bit of cash in (for arguments sake, let's say $1m), sell the licence for $7.5m and pocket the $1.5m profit. Better interest rate than a bank at the moment. numbers plucked from the air to illustrate my point.

all that is predicated on there being a few interested parties.

https://play.acast.com/s/shim-spider-and-so-much-moore

Latest episode contains a good interview with Danny Townsend about the APL and unbundling. I'm more optimistic after listening to it. Recorded before The Entity was announced so it isn't mentioned.

Sounding very much like they want to produce the matches and sell to as many parties as possible. OTT, free to air and apps all mentioned.

Also mentions new sponsors to be announced in the next few weeks but no naming rights sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Simple. No jets = no TV contract = no revenue for the existing teams.
    Sporting franchises are one of the worlds fastest growing commodities. The worth of them is not in the year to year revenue, its the value of the franchise as it appreciates as an asset over time. By getting in at the ground level and now owning them, the cabal that is THE ENTITY is only concerned with increasing the value of the franchises.
    To do that they need like minded, experienced individuals who know how to make this stuff works. Hence why Gerry Ryan is always in the mix, he's one of the boys. They don't want football people owning them, they want business people owning them.
    The business people employ football people to do that small stuff like care about players and coaches. The unbundling is the best thing to happen to the game in this country. This is the only chance for these clubs to become the next Richmonds, Hawthorn's etc. That's where they are aiming.
    Thats why they don't care about the national team, the 2nd division of the FFA cup or youth.
    Lederer and co want billion dollar franchises, not a couple of bucks off Stevie Ugs contract.
    They have stars in their eyes. Let them go for it, its better for everyone.

NBN News, COVID central Wankerers fans can f*ck off you aren't welcome anyway:
    https://video.nbnnews.com.au/covidsports060112.mp4

Jets prep for match including comments from the Welchman:
    https://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetswed060120.mp4
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

I wonder if we'll get the promised statement from the national second division group today.

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/bri...atch-postponed

roar v victory game set for Sunday postponed.

MATCH WEEK DATE HOME AWAY VENUE Kick-Off (Local) Kick-Off (AEDT) Notes
    4 Saturday, 16 January 2021 Melbourne City FC Western United FC AAMI Park 7:10 pm 7:10 pm Updated Date & Kick-Off Time
    4 Wednesday, 20 January 2021 Newcastle Jets Brisbane Roar FC McDonald Jones Stadium 7:05 pm 7:05 pm Fixture brought forward from Saturday 6 February
    4 Wednesday, 20 January 2021 Perth Glory Adelaide United HBF Park 6:20 pm 9:20 pm Updated Date & Kick-Off Time
    Perth Glory Brisbane Roar FC HBF Park 6:20 pm 9:20 pm Postponed

Update to the fixture schedule. Our match moved to 20 January, but this will probably move again i reckon.

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/a-l...es-matchweek-4

Announcement pending this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    What are you trying to say, Gaz?

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    What ?????