Page 88 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 3065

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    IMO the club should reward those ticket holders top down ( keeping in mind i am a GA pensioner so i would be at the very ass end of this preference proposal ). Tickets for entry in the following order

Sponsors and there usual allocation
    Gold
    Silver
    Red Blue ( Me )

Platinum wherever the hell that fits in.

Once all the top groups are covered for tickets then ballot the rest, Have a standby list once past 8250. All those from the top groups have up til 48hrs before kick off to advise the club if they will have any no shows so those unused tickets can be offered to the standby list. Any of those unused tickets from the upper categories where the club was not informed and given the opportunity to redistribute that particular allocation then the club should tell them they forfeit that seat for the next game and will go into the GA ballot.

I have no problem with missing out to somebody who pays more than me, If i have to miss out to somebody paying 3 to 4 times my membership cost but i still get to sit at home watch my team hear and see a real crowd on the Fox broadcast i can live with that for the few remaining games.
    Yeah but if it shows that higher spender rarely attends games should they still get priority?

Unfortunately money makes the world go round.
    Sponsors pay a premium and expect to be looked after.
    If they aren’t, they take their cash elsewhere and club misses out.

Not saying it’s right or wrong, just how things work.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Yeah but if it shows that higher spender rarely attends games should they still get priority?
    Geez your a bit anal about all this. The club is going to have to come up with a way of dealing with this in a not so perfect environment, You got a better way then post it here.

I have to to trust that those with higher cost membership do the right thing and advise the club they will not be attending thus allowing that opportunity to a GA. After all we are all supporters of the club and want what is best for it all BS and banter aside.

I don't want to see the club burn its highest souces of revenue do you ?, They clearly struggle in this area season after season as it is.

As long as its members and not seldoms i can live with it for 3 games.

Like i said feel free to post how you would do it.

They struggled to reach 8250 without any restriction before the interruption... members or not.
    I don't really see a problem here, there won't be much demand for tickets imo.
    But it makes sense to prioritise members, since they have already paid!
    But then, watch the attendance of max 5000...

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    They struggled to reach 8250 without any restriction before the interruption... members or not.
    This....the simple thing is members only, first come first served. I doubt we would get the full 8250 anyway. If the crowd is 5000 so be it....its more than we expected anyway. You can't have casuals (or away fans for that matter...pseudo Gypo ban) milling around for a ticket. Games will be to close together to organise ballots etc

This said, the club could use some extra $$$
    If they could know how many members are not going to attend, they could make the seats available on ticketmaster - first come first serve basis.
    Even if it's just 500-1000 tix, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    That won't work i don't think, If by some chance more turn up at the gate than allowed in who wants the job of telling people to walk back to there cars and head on home. The club could not possibly leave it to chance that the limited number or less will only show at the gates.

The club had measures in place to control the size of crowds - but now with Jackson out injured they need a new plan.

At least the scum down the road will not need to worry about it, They have had plenty of practice in recent years at limiting there crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The club had measures in place to control the size of crowds - but now with Jackson out injured they need a new plan.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ue-grand-final

pay deal agreed. 16 July restart, 27 matches, 1 week of finals. All done by August 31.

Only problem is that Fox haven't agreed to it yet.

Getting ahead of myself I know, but I’m curious to see how our 20/21 season looks. This season started on October 11.

Do they then have a shortened off season? And kick off a shorter season in December?
    Or just consider this period of time the players “annual leave”, have a month of transfer madness and kick off early November?

Interesting the ramifications this will have on the next season and perhaps the season after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Getting ahead of myself I know, but I’m curious to see how our 20/21 season looks. This season started on October 11.

Do they then have a shortened off season? And kick off a shorter season in December?
    Or just consider this period of time the players “annual leave”, have a month of transfer madness and kick off early November?

Interesting the ramifications this will have on the next season and perhaps the season after that.
    Winter league! Yassss!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

Why complicate things? Leave as is....most will get 6 weeks off. This is like players going to World Cup or Euro tournaments in an off season. They have already had 2 months off.

Winter league! Yassss!!!!!
    Would love it apart from one important thing.....

Last edited by Jetmaster; 16-06-2020 at 08:26 AM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Why complicate things? Leave as is....most will get 6 weeks off. This is like players going to World Cup or Euro tournaments in an off season. They have already had 2 months off.

So like, finish in the 31st August and begin the new Comp a week later?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

Meh, now is as good a time as any to get away from that place. McDonald Jones stadium, or whatever it's called this week, has never felt like a home ground to me. We lease it from the knights* each year and get 5th billing behind anyone else who wants to trash the thing during their off season without having any say. We really need to move to a much smaller stadium and only use the place when we really need to. We need to convince local government to approve a remodel of the Gardens, greyhound racing can be moved easily and the local area can justify having two large stadiums (a smaller 10k-15k Gardens and a 30k main one).

Now, we all know it won't happen but if Mr Lee wants to make us appealing to sell having an actual home stadium that we have autonomy over would make a huge difference to an overseas buyer. Plus, games would be so much better in front of a much tighter packed 10k fans. We'd have the one of the best grounds in the league instantly.

*of course we don't actually pay the knights, but you know what i mean.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

The old days at the Gardens were great but it was a prick of a joint to get to.

Would love our own boutique 15k stadium (I do think 10k would be a little small), but how and where? No2, Maitland, Speers Point, Gardens, Hexham Swamp?
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

I've always felt No.2 is the way to go if we could develop it to be an all-seater set up like Hindmarsh - Rugby would probably have something to say about it but f#@k 'em.

Restart 16 july. Still talking with fox about broadcast arrangements.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...e-for-a-league

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    I've always felt No.2 is the way to go if we could develop it to be an all-seater set up like Hindmarsh - Rugby would probably have something to say about it but f#@k 'em.
    It already has room for 3 more stands to be built, we could slowly increase capacity whilst already playing out of there. But, if getting out to the Gardens is rough imagine trying to sort out parking at No 2?

But, I really hope we are putting serious thoughts/efforts into eventually moving into our own stadium. The A league is a while away from needing 30k stadiums each week for anything other than the Sydney & Melbourne derbies and finals.