Page 93 of 154 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 3065

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    https://www.westsydneyfootball.com/f...ge/5/#comments

Wanderers fan agreeing that going for Robinson would be a dick move.

We seem more upset compared to their potential excitement.
    Think it’s just confirmation bias that we always get screwed over.

We don’t really hear or care about the day to day runnings of other clubs or know what their players say in pressers when the leave etc. but we sure as hell remember every “promise” made or “contract” signed.
    Poor Wanderers invented football and still can’t settle on a coach and the best supporters in the nation have forgotten who they sing for.

So Nabbout screws us over first after we give him an opportunity when no one else does.

Champness then screws us over deciding to leave the club where he gets an opportunity for his shit rapping career that was never going to happen. He now does us over again by signing for Brisbane after the jets kept money for him when he came back instead of using it on another player instead.

Carl is then given an opportunity after being out of a job for a little while, stays for about 5 minutes and is now looking to get in bed with a rival club.

Maybe it’s the type of people that the jets are signing that is the issue. I understand there are egos in football but these guys are just plain scum with no sense of loyalty. I don’t care how we go next season, what would be nice is if we could build a football club of good people to start with, then go from there.

Really feeling those familiar doom and gloom off-season vibes. Feel its only gonna get worse

You might want to check and see if Robinson was receiving each and every dime he was entitled to under his employment contract. If the club was somehow shafting him then I'd be out the door too.
    Maybe ask old word salad ceo and see what tripe he comes back with.
    Richard Money over Zoom would be a top class coach. Sign him up Tinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Really feeling those familiar doom and gloom off-season vibes. Feel its only gonna get worse
    If anyone expects it to get better, they aren't really a Jets fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    If anyone expects it to get better, they aren't really a Jets fan.
    This.

The club have just confirmed that they have granted permission for Carl and Wanderers to enter discussions...
    No other comments...
    (Facey statement from the club. It's literally two lines)

I wish i could pretend to be surprised... Seriously..
    Last edited by Bon; 14-10-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    The club have just confirmed that they have granted permission for Carl and Wanderers to enter discussions...
    No other comments...
    (Facey statement from the club. It's literally two lines)

I wish i could pretend to be surprised... Seriously..
    Club is finished

Until Lawrie leaves, nothing will improve. The second the club agreed to the terms of sale to Martin Lee including the appointment of Lawrie, we have been on a slow winding spiral downwards.

Robbo has taken a look around the club, realised where it's headed and is hoping to jump ship as soon as an offer comes in. Jowic did the same. Nabbout did it as well. There hasn't been too many players wanting to come back here for a 2nd stint besides a very much out of favour Roy. That tells you a lot IMO.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Not Lawries fault if there's no money. When Lee came in and money was available, we "virtuallly" won the league. Quality was there.
    Then ML started to pull out... very simple. It's just sad to witness, but a solid fan base is obviously not enough to make a club viable: it's probably just enough to guarantee survival and wooden spoons (or 7th places).

https://www.newcastlejets.com.au/new...l3tN2CfmEMKIYw

WOW - The club is just rolling over yet again.

No ambition whatsoever. All the positive progress at the end of last season is gone.

I just logged into my member portal and there was no way to cancel my auto membership renewal. I just deleted my CC details instead.

I really fear we've used all our 9 lives this time.

Like others on here and social media, I'm getting a sense that this could end badly.

Were we to need bailing out again, I don't see it happening. I would expect the licence to go to Canberra instead.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

jets are back baby!

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    jets are back baby!
    im here to finish the job mother****ers!!!!!!

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    let's face it - all of us on this godforsaken forum have wasted far too much of our lives on this bullshit club

we should all be looking forward to this shit finally ending and we can all get on with our lives

I suspect the media have known about this for a while and it might all be about to come to a head.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I'm so glad our management/leadership team are being open, honest and transparent with us - the paying fans..

Just defies absolute logic that a club with such loyal support and always in the top half of the league for paid up membership to be the basket case it always is.

The League is on its death bed as it is, Screw the club screw the league. Game just was not strong enough to survive firstly Gallop and now Covid.

So how long until Lawrie starts talks with Charlesworth about his inevitable merger masterplan? That was his plan all along in my head, so I'm not surprised it's going this way.

I'm fairly confident that none of us will want anything to do with them once it happens (hopefully the Facebook douches all stick around and waste their hard earned tho, A league needs chumps to keep it afloat), so I just want to put it out there now that we should just rename this place "WellingtonFootball.net" and start doing the shirtless Poznan at whatever time they do that thing that the NZ commentators seem to love so much.

Thoughts? Counter offers for other teams to jump ship to? WSW does have a gold strip and hates Sydney FC, but I don't think I can go to games where you get mugged by security on your way in each game.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.