Page 48 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Gallop should be two feet behind him when Lowy leaves the building.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I'm a huge advocate that football in Australia needs a shake up at board level. But all of this is a little bit of a shame.

Say what you will but Franks legacy should not be forgotten.
    What legacy??

To divide football fans in this country on race as he had an axe to grind after being snubbed 30 years ago??

or

His terrible World Cup Bid??

Frank has caused more harm than he has done good

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    What legacy??

To divide football fans in this country on race as he had an axe to grind after being snubbed 30 years ago??

or

His terrible World Cup Bid??

Frank has caused more harm than he has done good
    This is everything Frank worked to get away from if you truly believe in this comment then you belong in a time that Frank was trying to get away from
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    This is everything Frank worked to get away from if you truly believe in this comment then you belong in a time that Frank was trying to get away from
    Getting away from what??

Our roots ??

Lowy has gone out of his way to alienate so many football fans in this country by his disregard for democracy and his policies that are based on race

He has divided the football community for his own ego and you actually think this is a good thing??

His NCIP is a joke and it would be interesting to see the reaction if something like that was suggested by Pauline Hanson to be brought into the wider community

Here is a good one for you this week the FFACup is on and the media will "sell it" on Cevapi and Souvlaki and all that ethnic food
    How dare though one of those clubs have a flag or reference to the origins of the club or where tgat food came drom

Hypocrisy

Banned
    Getting away from what?? Our roots ??

Lowy has gone out of his way to alienate so many football fans in this country by his disregard for democracy and his policies that are based on race
    He has divided the football community for his own ego and you actually think this is a good thing??
    His NCIP is a joke and it would be interesting to see the reaction if something like that was suggested by Pauline Hanson to be brought into the wider community
    Here is a good one for you this week the FFACup is on and the media will "sell it" on Cevapi and Souvlaki and all that ethnic food
    How dare though one of those clubs have a flag or reference to the origins of the club or where tgat food came drom

Hypocrisy
    Wrong. The termed "wogball game" was totally broken. Lowy made massive improvements but still needs more work.

Lowy only took power away from the incompetent that was holding the back and it hs largely worked. How dare he.

I'm rediscovering how petty and self-interested so many people in football are. I don't trust the associations. I don't trust the old clubs; too many are appallingly managed for the benefit of few. I don't trust the FFA either

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I'm rediscovering how petty and self-interested so many people in football are. I don't trust the associations. I don't trust the old clubs; too many are appallingly managed for the benefit of few. I don't trust the FFA either
    yep. thats it right there.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

The A-league clubs simply aren't producing anywhere near the number of high quality players that the NSL did - especially strikers now that clubs import rather than develop them.
    We definitely had issues in the past but today we have gone to the opposite extreme with clubs that are essentially vanilla / generic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The A-league clubs simply aren't producing anywhere near the number of high quality players that the NSL did - especially strikers now that clubs import rather than develop them.
    just on this, has anyone ever explained why A-League clubs cant transfer players between them?

Because this seems like the kind of idea that will enable poor clubs to make some money (lets face it, a 'good' A-League player has a better chance of being sought after in his own country rather than OS) and let wealthier clubs spend their money however they see fit AND potentially promote better 'locals' rather than having a pot shot on an 'unknown' foreigner?

Also, from a strictly PR point of view having a player leave and club then head back and play them is a promoters dream. Geez, the only thing the Gypos got excited about (outside of dole day) was when Roy came back and shit all over them.
    the more blokes like Roy that rub salt into that pathetic club can only be a good thing for the league overall yeah?

and even though that whole 'rich getting richer' debate will be raised, i mean, we do already have a salary cap, AND Citeh have already got a workaround to the issue, so why not let everyone go nuts?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

This is an issue Bozza and the Fox crew have been pushing the last two years. And for the very reasons you suggest.
    That said KB selling Kenny Boden for $100k just about killed the club....the cash didn't cover the 5000 less fans that went to games.
    Different times though.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 20-08-2018 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    just on this, has anyone ever explained why A-League clubs cant transfer players between them?

Because this seems like the kind of idea that will enable poor clubs to make some money (lets face it, a 'good' A-League player has a better chance of being sought after in his own country rather than OS) and let wealthier clubs spend their money however they see fit AND potentially promote better 'locals' rather than having a pot shot on an 'unknown' foreigner?

Also, from a strictly PR point of view having a player leave and club then head back and play them is a promoters dream. Geez, the only thing the Gypos got excited about (outside of dole day) was when Roy came back and shit all over them.
    the more blokes like Roy that rub salt into that pathetic club can only be a good thing for the league overall yeah?

and even though that whole 'rich getting richer' debate will be raised, i mean, we do already have a salary cap, AND Citeh have already got a workaround to the issue, so why not let everyone go nuts?
    transfers between a-league clubs is in now isn't it? didn't (surprise, surprise) sydney take advantage of it 1 day later?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    transfers between a-league clubs is in now isn't it? didn't (surprise, surprise) sydney take advantage of it 1 day later?
    That was inter club loans

Not transfer fees

I'd just like to announce that the Newcastle Jets have secured my services as a member for the 2018/19 season.
    After a lengthy absence from the 1st team (bar a few select appearances when tickets kept getting put in my letterbox) Plague will be back as a full time - non plastic - supporter.
    I'd like to thank the Jets for their generous offer and wish them all the best for the coming season.

For the many many away fans that want to see my in the flesh, I'll also be attending a Citeh away day and maybe even lower myself to spending a few hours in Gosford (in order to show Plague Jnr what happens if you fail at school).

See you at the games, fellow supporters.

Cheers,
    Plague.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    I'd just like to announce that the Newcastle Jets have secured my services as a member for the 2018/19 season.
    After a lengthy absence from the 1st team (bar a few select appearances when tickets kept getting put in my letterbox) Plague will be back as a full time - non plastic - supporter.
    I'd like to thank the Jets for their generous offer and wish them all the best for the coming season.

For the many many away fans that want to see my in the flesh, I'll also be attending a Citeh away day and maybe even lower myself to spending a few hours in Gosford (in order to show Plague Jnr what happens if you fail at school).

Cheers,
    Plague.
    Genius, Jets dont do 2 good years in a row. Season Blow-ins will be dissapoint

Quote Originally Posted by pessimist View Post
    Genius, Jets dont do 2 good years in a row. Season Blow-ins will be dissapoint
    You dont know me very well do you sir?

The only reason I'm back is to be right in the middle of everyone's expectations being shattered before their eyes every week.

It's what fuels me.

Banned

Cheers,
    Plague.
    #PlasticFan

#PlasticFan
    I got seats right behind you too big fella.
    Remember, no standing thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    In name, this is a big signing for the league.

Predict Corica saying "I've no idea how you stayed on the field in the World Cup Final. We might need you to do what you did to Alonso a few times this year..."

"uh, that wasn't me. It was Nigel"

<Silence>"Do we still have your receipt?"
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 23-08-2018 at 02:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles