Page 85 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 3064

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    My reputation (that colour bar on the left) on this website is as bad as Stanny's, yet I (a) support the Jets and (b) regularly offer useful advice to the team.

This reflects poorly all of you.
    You also got us a wooden spoon right after winning the comp
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    And us? We've been just as shit as them, 3 wooden spoons each with less finals and GF appearances
    They got 4 wooden spoons

Get your facts right

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    They got 4 wooden spoons

Get your facts right
    This season isnt over yet
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Banned
    They ain't climbing off the bottom though are they??

4 games to go 7 points behind 2nd last

Trophy staying in Gosford is all theirs

go back to bluetongue you gypsy

First you hijack the Liverpool thread , now your hijacking the jets thread

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    My reputation (that colour bar on the left)
    You see a bar??

OK

wanderers have stood down their squad too.

Our squad and staff stood down, They have registered for jobkeeper payments

love at first sight

Banned
    Hopefully a few don't get re hired

Gypo CEO should use this opportunity to cull the squad of players we don't want

I honestly can't see how the A league will be able to restart when so many clubs are virtually left with no players.

And to all the employers who see this as an opportunity to sack staff and "restructure" their companies... f%cking cowards, I hope they all go bankrupt. Disgusting human beings.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    I honestly can't see how the A league will be able to restart when so many clubs are virtually left with no players.

And to all the employers who see this as an opportunity to sack staff and "restructure" their companies... f%cking cowards, I hope they all go bankrupt. Disgusting human beings.
    You do realise they are mostly doing it to get government hand outs for free??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    You do realise they are mostly doing it to get government hand outs for free??
    I can't see how they can receive the hand out if they have sacked the employee.
    i might be missing something.

Banned
    Dotting the I s and crossing the T s of them going into hardship mode

The subsidy is backdated to March 1st. If you were permanently employed then you qualify. For casuals, you had to be in the job for 12 months or more.

The program will see the lion's share of the money going to companies / employees that don't really need it - because the businesses in genuine trouble can't afford to pay the workers up front then wait it out for reimbursement.

The bulk of casual / part time workers and practically everyone in retail that's not at least a manager won't get a cent because they are more easily substituted / replaced than footballers who are heavily protected from competition by a strong union representation.

On top of that, given the subsidy is a minimum of $750 gross per week - there's little to no incentive to save any workers on less than that income as you'd effectively be giving them a pay rise for nothing.

If the story is true about the Jets applying for this subsidy it won't go down too well with the fans that's for sure - especially the many low income / casually employed ones struggling under the current situation.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 02-04-2020 at 02:24 AM.

I work in the industry and details are sketchy until legislation comes through so we don't have the full detail.

Firstly, Jobkeeper Payment is only payable to companies who can prove a 30% reduction in revenue via the tax system. Some companies, like mine will take a few months to get that far. So in some businesses people can still be stood down because there is no meaningful work for them to do and the business is still above that 30% dropoff.

It is a government payment for companies to hold onto the jobs in hibernation, not a wage "subsidy" in principle. So yes, a part time shop assistant will get the same amount of money as their full time manager....difficult concept to grasp at the moment. You cannot look at it as a "payrise" for those on lesser wages. And yes that means most people will be paid $750 a week to stay home and do nothing as long as the job is in hibernation. The payment is taxable.

You can't terminate employees and get paid for them...and once they take their entitlements and are terminated you cannot put someone else there then take the payment, or bring them back.

All businesses, including sports clubs should at least register....that is all that is happening at the moment. And yes if the Jets claim in a few months time our players will get $1500 (less tax) a fortnight....probably enough to pay their rents.

Hopefully legislation will go through over the weekend and we'll know more on Monday.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 02-04-2020 at 11:57 AM.

I don't interpret them as sacking them. They are essentially sending them off without pay. When the league resumes they will return to their roles and no longer receive support from the government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I don't interpret them as sacking them. They are essentially sending them off without pay. When the league resumes they will return to their roles and no longer receive support from the government.
    Correct - Jobkeeper is a job "placeholder", not a wage replacement - the reason for the $1500 is that it has to be above the current $1100 Jobseeker payment for those that are actually sacked and are looking for work.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

When the league resumes
    Sadly, it is honestly difficult to see how this even happens, regardless of when.
    OK

I was referring to the general scenario of employers cashing in on the subsidy, as mfks suggested - not the Jets specifically.
    So yeah... no employee, no subsidy.

If the league returns the salary cap will either be miles smaller or not exist but clubs still wont pay players anything close to what they get now, Which makes recruiting good overseas players hard

love at first sight