Page 84 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 3065

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Should be happen agreed, but then what are the other clubs playing for?
    We're playing for a spot in the round of 32 right now - wanting to avoid the playoff against the Mariners, but I take your point.

Further to it, if we take first past the post, why are Wellington here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    We're playing for a spot in the round of 32 right now - wanting to avoid the playoff against the Mariners, but I take your point.

Further to it, if we take first past the post, why are Wellington here?
    Great point on the Nix and they will be pissed off

Don’t sydney and Melbourne have the most case of infected people in the country...I can see why you’d play all games in those cities.....more derbies yay

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Don’t sydney and Melbourne have the most case of infected people in the country...I can see why you’d play all games in those cities.....more derbies yay
    Other than postponing it, there's no right answer here. Sydney and Melbourne are probably the easiest to arrange.

I could only suggest moving it to a reasonable sized regional town. It could give their most-likely vacant hotels and local businesses some income they otherwise wouldn't be getting. A place that had maybe 3 decent pitches.

Don't know where that would be, just thinking outside the box
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 18-03-2020 at 04:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

If we get based to play in Sydney do we become the north north Sydney jets? I mean there will be the North Sydney gypos and the north north North Sydney roar so why not...Nix will be the East Sydney nix..and still have as many fans as teams from that area get to games anyway

From the jets website:

The boys will head to the Gold Coast to take on Brisbane Roar this Friday 20 March from 7.30pm (AEDT), in place of the Round 27 fixture between the two sides which has been brought forward.

Then, it’s a quick turnaround as we return back to Newcastle and to McDonald Jones Stadium to take on Melbourne City on Monday 23 March

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    From the jets website:

The boys will head to the Gold Coast to take on Brisbane Roar this Friday 20 March from 7.30pm (AEDT), in place of the Round 27 fixture between the two sides which has been brought forward.

Then, it’s a quick turnaround as we return back to Newcastle and to McDonald Jones Stadium to take on Melbourne City on Monday 23 March
    Flying or a coach?

Banned
    These dumb ****s at the FFA know that we have the longest off season in history don't they??

What the **** is wrong with just calling shot off for a month right now and then seeing how things are just like every other League on the planet has done??

What is the idea with shooting ourselves in the foot by playing behind closed doors now for the sake of it??

Does it matter if the season finishes a month or two later than planned where fans can watch the games ??

****ing Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    These dumb ****s at the FFA know that we have the longest off season in history don't they??

What the **** is wrong with just calling shot off for a month right now and then seeing how things are just like every other League on the planet has done??

What is the idea with shooting ourselves in the foot by playing behind closed doors now for the sake of it??

Does it matter if the season finishes a month or two later than planned where fans can watch the games ??

****ing Idiots
    The way things are going in Europe, football is irrelevant.
    Euro 2020 has been postponed to 2021, and (my opinion) it's very unlikely that European leagues will restart this season. 20/21 if they're lucky.
    So, based on the European experience, I think FFA is trying to finish this season in the shortest time possible, before shit hits the fan (and it will).
    I'll be watching the games, but honestly football is not high in my priorities right now.

AFL shutdown, Expect us to do the same unless we follow the dumb asses at the NRL and try and keep going for $$$$$$$$$$ reasons
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    AFL shutdown, Expect us to do the same unless we follow the dumb asses at the NRL and try and keep going for $$$$$$$$$$ reasons
    Stanny

You do realise how stupid the ****s are who run the FFA are??

Still playing apparently

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    The way things are going in Europe, football is irrelevant.
    Euro 2020 has been postponed to 2021, and (my opinion) it's very unlikely that European leagues will restart this season. 20/21 if they're lucky.
    So, based on the European experience, I think FFA is trying to finish this season in the shortest time possible, before shit hits the fan (and it will).
    I'll be watching the games, but honestly football is not high in my priorities right now.
    Totally agree, we need to suspend our competition immediately. Coming from a health professional we all need to be smarter and stay away from eachother. This is going to get far far worse than any of us realise. Buckle up ladies and gents, this shits real

Season suspended to 22 April

Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Banned
    Gypos finally getting paid what they deserve to be getting anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Gypos finally getting paid what they deserve to be getting anyway
    And us? We've been just as shit as them, 3 wooden spoons each with less finals and GF appearances

love at first sight

And us? We've been just as shit as them, 3 wooden spoons each with less finals and GF appearances
    And his true colours shine bright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    And his true colours shine bright.
    Facts are facts no matter how we feel about em

My reputation (that colour bar on the left) on this website is as bad as Stanny's, yet I (a) support the Jets and (b) regularly offer useful advice to the team.

This reflects poorly all of you.