Page 101 of 154 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3065

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Just on an aside. Regularly do the drive between western Sydney and Newcastle and drive past the Wanderers base.
    Not gonna lie, it’s actually rather impressive what they have put together since they created football.
    Having watched the Amazon series on Spurs and city, and previously Liverpool’s, their set up is a step towards that.
    They’d have about 8 pitches. They have a grandstand along one of them similar to Olympics, and a club base. The field all look in top condition.
    From the outside just looks like a good set up.

Anywho. Back to hating them. Wankerers!

The club can't simply stop paying Ibini. They will have to take it to arbitration / Fair Work Australia.
    The PFA probably wouldn't want to go down this path given Ibini appears to be in breach not the club based on what is being reported.
    Given that Ibini hasn't dragged the club to the Fair Work Ombudsman for a ruling suggests he doesn't have a clue what to do or is getting really poor advice.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-12-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I don't see anybody in our squad at present who you would consider a walk up starting #10.

IMO plenty has been going on behind the scenes. Finer details of new investment and a couple of imports with the details of those imports being kept very close to managements chest. One of those being a genuine # 10 if you are to believe Griff just over a week ago when he spoke about needing two imports at the attacking end of the park

I'm hopeful or delusional.
    Loads of silence from Lawrie atm. Id say that's a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    So, Saturday was reported a while back as the date new owners would be announced. Wonder if it will happen.
    No it won’t.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Loads of silence from Lawrie atm. Id say that's a good thing
    The gypos silence is just him generally taking a breath between servings of horseshit.
    We are lucky if theres one sucker lined up to take over this sorry ass club. And ill back it at whatever price that they are full of shit too.

Oh for the good old days where people like the member, Sanchez, qman and plague spent every waking breath educating you people that this club has always sucked, currently sucks and will continue to suck for the rest of eternity.
    The unfounded hope and optimism on here these days is appalling. Whatever did this club do to make you think any sort of better days were ahead?
    We got beat in grand final because the TV broke and you people think there's somehow a glorious new dawn coming.

Shameful indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Oh for the good old days where people like the member, Sanchez, qman and plague spent every waking breath educating you people that this club has always sucked, currently sucks and will continue to suck for the rest of eternity.
    The unfounded hope and optimism on here these days is appalling. Whatever did this club do to make you think any sort of better days were ahead?
    We got beat in grand final because the TV broke and you people think there's somehow a glorious new dawn coming.

Shameful indeed.
    as dirty as it makes me feel...i miss the member
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Just heard new jets owners have walked, faaaark

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...10-p56mdg.html

The immediate future of the Newcastle Jets is again in limbo after a prospective ownership group in advanced talks with the A-League club pulled out of the running.

Sources with knowledge of the situation said the investors had been in a period of exclusive negotiations and due diligence with Football Federation Australia, which expired on Sunday.

The consortium – which was being fronted by prominent player agent Buddy Farah, and is believed to have included several locally-based businessmen – then told the Jets and FFA on Monday they were formally withdrawing their interest after the club was unable to produce audited financial accounts for the last two years.

Sources have told the Herald that some elements of the FFA board felt the best course of action this season was to pull the club's licence from absentee chairman Martin Lee and withdraw the Jets from the A-League, with a view to bringing the club back in the following season with a new owner and on a more stable footing.

Some club executives also share that position, but high-level league sources have confirmed the Jets would be saved and that their participation in the forthcoming season was not in doubt.

The clubs see the Hunter region as a football hotbed and a vital market for A-League and W-League, and the Jets as a team with enormous potential that can be realised with the right ownership.

However, the Jets are believed to be owing several million dollars in debt to creditors – including the operators of their home ground, McDonald Jones Stadium – which could complicate any licence handover.

While other investors are still believed to be in the mix, a sale is unlikely to be completed before the start of the new season on December 27 – which means Newcastle will begin the next A-League campaign mired in off-field turmoil, with no permanent coach in place and with several vacant spots in their playing squad yet to be filled.

It appears other A-League club owners will have to bankroll the club for an interim period until new owners are found for the Jets, through a mooted "safety net" fund which was first reported by the Herald in August.

Western Sydney Wanderers chairman Paul Lederer – the head of the Australian Professional Football Clubs Association – told the Herald in October that owners had committed to bailing out financially-stricken clubs like the Jets, and again repeated that pledge in a separate interview with SBS last week.

Farah and Jets chief executive Lawrie McKinna declined to comment, while an FFA spokesperson said discussions were ongoing with "a number of prospective buyers".

McKinna revealed earlier this year that Lee, the Chinese lighting magnate who bought the team in 2016, had not put any funds into the club since October 2019.

Key players including Bernie Ibini and Steven Ugarkovic have also been agitating for a release from their contracts due to the uncertainty surrounding Newcastle's future.

As things stand, the A-League is still the legal responsibility of FFA, but the governing body has no financial capacity to run the Jets as it has done previously for clubs which have fallen on hard times.

But the long-awaited legal ratification of the professional leagues from the governing body could come as soon as next week, and that would pave the way for other club owners to bail out the Jets in the short term.

"A change of ownership is clearly needed to revitalise the club and put it on a sound footing again and continue their important role in the Northern NSW community and we are hoping to have a new owner for the Newcastle Jets very soon," an FFA spokesperson said.

" The consortium – which was being fronted by prominent player agent Buddy Farah, and is believed to have included several locally-based businessmen – then told the Jets and FFA on Monday they were formally withdrawing their interest after the club was unable to produce audited financial accounts for the last two years. "

This quote above just dumbfounds me at a time you are endeavoring to attract new investment.

Over it.

What a ****ing joke. There's no defending the club with this and seems like Lawrie who I love has dropped the ball

Yeah I’ll be interested to see Lawrie’s spin on this one.

Bring back the Member and Mark Jones
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Unable to produce financial audits........thats the jets highjacking their own takeover. But its no wonder we are in trouble with that level of financial scrutiny.

Ne excusing this one, and if the club does have to sit out this season, I fear for those of use that paid up for seats ever seeing our money.

I see the "new normal" for the jets is the same as the "old normal"...

Well excuse me whilst I stand here completely shocked and dismayed that our full of shit ceo has failed to seal the deal between our full of shit owner and a bunch of pretend full of shit assholes.
    Seriously, mckinna has so many make believe friends even M.Night Shyamalan is sitting back thinking its all a bit much.
    So we aren't producing accounts? I can obviously understand why that would be a deal breaker and surely we can't blame the ceo for that I mean how would he have known that its not like its his job to produce that shit.
    To be fair what sort of people want to buy a business by looking at its financial position? Real business people buy stuff based on kit colours and wacky pranks on social media.
    I renewed my season tickets tonight just to dare these ingrate ****s to steal my cash. Go on gypo I ****ing dare you.
    Broke ass club run by gypos merry Christmas all.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    seriously, how many clubs in NNSWFF wouldn't be able to produce audit reports from the past few years?

if any of them can't, I'd be disgusted that they were allowed to field teams in under 6s

yet the Jerks are run this poorly

well done Agent McKinna, you can go back to the Coast now

and if he, as CEO, isn't responsible for this utter debacle, then who the hemorrhaging **** is?

So where do i find the clubs Go Fund Me page so we can donate enough money to pay for the Diesel for the Jets bus to get home from Coffs ?.

I miss Middleby. At least his incompetence was due to being incompetent, McKinna is just obviously ****ing us over now.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Why aren’t we producing the audits?
    We been doing some dodgy shit? Or are we just incompetent?