Page 104 of 154 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 3065

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I don't think any potential buyer who would have amassed enough money in there professional life to acquire a Football team who would not be diligent enough to insist upon viewing them.

Just how dumb ass of a buyer are you waiting for ?.
    My understanding is, the financial records are there for viewing for legit buyers who can produce their own financial records, which have to show that they are not the dodgy brothers, you seem to be willing to let anyone in
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

A period of exclusivity was entered into, I would say somebody thought they were legit enough eh ?.

A period of exclusivity was entered into, I would say somebody thought they were legit enough eh ?.
    Nah, Lawrie did nothing wrong, as he always has, and is trying to save us from being purchased by an owner who will run out of funds in a few years and slowly stop paying the bills until we begin to crumble.....

Again....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Lorry has never sold us to anyone shorty

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Nah, Lawrie did nothing wrong, as he always has, and is trying to save us from being purchased by an owner who will run out of funds in a few years and slowly stop paying the bills until we begin to crumble.....

Again....
    I just find it bizarre anybody could or would suggest the club held back available information , We don't have that luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Lorry has never sold us to anyone shorty
    When you learn how to read posts properly, i'll reply back to you with my usual brilliance and perfection. Until then, good day to you sir/madam.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I just find it bizarre anybody could or would suggest the club held back available information , We don't have that luxury.
    We probably haven't had anyone doing the books for the last few years knowing this place, or they let the person in charge go and didn't ask them where everything was kept?

My understanding is, the financial records are there for viewing for legit buyers who can produce their own financial records, which have to show that they are not the dodgy brothers, you seem to be willing to let anyone in
    Your understanding is wrong.
    And that's ok.
    But you're wrong.

The FFA (or new commission) is the only body with any interest in where the money is coming from. The basic courtesy of providing financials is step one of many in doing a deal. If the Jets didn't produce them (which is a disputed claim to be fair....although the bloke disputing it is full of shit in my opinion), anyway if the Jets gave them over and the deal folded then that's business. If the agreement was that the Jets produce them and they haven't, well that's just the Jets isnt it.
    Understand though, its not completely rare that businesses get brought and sold where audited financials aren't required. This is usually where businesses are very young or have very valuable IP (in the eyes of the seller). But in pretty much all of these transactions any ongoing contracts, debt and disputes remain with the seller. If youre taking on debt with a going concern you get audited financials.
    The seller (Lee) just wants his cheque. He would give zero ****s where it comes from.

Maybe a CEO who knows he may well be unemployed as soon as the sale goes through might try to delay the process.

Quote Originally Posted by skullboy View Post
    Maybe a CEO who knows he may well be unemployed as soon as the sale goes through might try to delay the process.
    Which if that were fact says more about the individuals than the actual process doesn't it.

I am tipping that the interested party in the first couple of months of this year at $8mil was in fact Gerry Ryan. Twice knocked back in fact if the article is to be believed.
    Last edited by 380; 13-12-2020 at 11:07 PM.

How much do we think Ledman is involved with this? For all we know they might be being right ***** and just knocking things back at a whim with Lawrie the bug on the windshield trying to explain. You would think though he would quit and blow the whistle at some stage if that was the case.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Today’s Herald

NEWCASTLE Jets CEO Lawrie McKinna has assured long-suffering fans "we'll get through it" as the search continues for a new owner to keep the club afloat.

Chinese businessman Martin Lee, who has bankrolled the Jets since June, 2016, has spent the past two years trying to offload the franchise that has drained an estimated $15 million from his coffers.

Negotiations with a number of interested parties have broken down, leaving the Jets facing a crisis that has evoked a sense of deja vu among their supporters.

With less than three weeks before the season kick-off, the Jets have a stopgap coach, an incomplete roster, liabilities that are reportedly in the millions, and an owner who McKinna revealed in October has "not given us one penny, for more than a year".

It hardly augurs well for the season ahead, but McKinna was optimistic the Novocastrian faithful would not abandon their team in its hour of need.

"It's not ideal, but we'll get through it," McKinna said.

Everyone at the club is still working hard to make sure we put the best possible team on the pitch, in the circumstances.

"Times like these are when you need the support."

Times like these are when you need the support.

LAWRIE McKINNA
    The Scotsman pointed to the club he has followed all his life, Rangers FC, as an example oif what fanpower can achieve.

"If you remember, about eight or nine years ago, Rangers were relegated from the [Scottish] Premier League to the fourth division [after they were declared insolvent]," he said.

"The first home game they had in the fourth division, they had 48,000 fans turn up. The fans stuck by the club."

Newcastle had about 10,400 members last season, which was severely disrupted by coronavirus restrictions.

McKinna expected all A-League clubs were likely to be a "wee bit down" on last season's numbers but felt Newcastle's early schedule would be a drawcard.

They open their campaign against derby rivals Central Coast in Gosford on December 31, a game that Jets members can attend for free.

Round two will be a grudge match between Newcastle and Western Sydney Wanderers - the team who recently poached Jets coach Carl Robinson. In addition, the Jets play Wellington Phonix in a trial match at McDonald Jones Stadium on Saturday that is a members-only event.

"We've already had 600 responses, whereas in previous seasons we might have had 400 or 500," McKinna said.

"So that's encouraging. If you're looking for a good Christmas present, sign up for a membership. If you get one this week, you can get in to the Wellington game."

Football Federation Australia officials, who have been trying to broker a deal on Lee's behalf, said on Monday they were still "in discussions with a number of prospective buyers".

If they are unable to find a suitable replacement, it has been reported that the Australian Professional Football Clubs Association - the body representing A-League clubs' owners - will consider providing the Jets with a financial safety net.

It is understood the plan would be to support Newcastle for up to 12 months, while continuing to search for a long-term solution.

In their statement on Monday, FFA said they were "hoping to have a new owner for the Newcastle Jets very soon".

But they also explained that a "thorough due diligence process" would be required.

"The end objective is to bring stability and future sustainability to the Jets, who are a very important part of the A-League competition with a proud history and a tremendous fan base," FFA said.

I know it’s just all for the media but, seriously, I doubt there are too many regions they could expand to and have the same level of support Newcastle Jets do.
    Look at Wanderers, packed out stadiums, acl, few bad seasons and their number are low.
    Meanwhile, we’ve had one successful season in the last what 10 years? Still getting 10,000 (last year) members.
    So FFA are correct when they refer to the tremendous fan base.

As an aside, if we are still millions in debt to the stadium peeps, why do they keep letting us use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I know it’s just all for the media but, seriously, I doubt there are too many regions they could expand to and have the same level of support Newcastle Jets do.
    Look at Wanderers, packed out stadiums, acl, few bad seasons and their number are low.
    Meanwhile, we’ve had one successful season in the last what 10 years? Still getting 10,000 (last year) members.
    So FFA are correct when they refer to the tremendous fan base.

As an aside, if we are still millions in debt to the stadium peeps, why do they keep letting us use it?
    Was wondering this point myself just the other day and was trying to draw some similarities between what happened to Force India in F1 now known as Racing Point.

If creditors called in the debt that could not be paid surely that set of circumstances would trigger the FFA or FA whatstherename to remove Lee and then seek a new buyer for the total sum of the debt only.

Nobody from the Jets turned up to the Launch in Sydney.
    That wasnt a launch.
    But run by fox, as a launch.
    And referred to by Kruse as a launch.
    But it wasn’t a launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    When you learn how to read posts properly, i'll reply back to you with my usual brilliance and perfection. Until then, good day to you sir/madam.
    My humble apologies Mr Frodo, I think I was drunk, as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Your understanding is wrong.
    And that's ok.
    But you're wrong.

The FFA (or new commission) is the only body with any interest in where the money is coming from. The basic courtesy of providing financials is step one of many in doing a deal. If the Jets didn't produce them (which is a disputed claim to be fair....although the bloke disputing it is full of shit in my opinion), anyway if the Jets gave them over and the deal folded then that's business. If the agreement was that the Jets produce them and they haven't, well that's just the Jets isnt it.
    Understand though, its not completely rare that businesses get brought and sold where audited financials aren't required. This is usually where businesses are very young or have very valuable IP (in the eyes of the seller). But in pretty much all of these transactions any ongoing contracts, debt and disputes remain with the seller. If youre taking on debt with a going concern you get audited financials.
    The seller (Lee) just wants his cheque. He would give zero ****s where it comes from.
    We are talking about a football club not a pie shop.
    It's not the first payment they will be checking, this is ongoing
    You say I'm wrong but you have no idea what the hell is going on
    Just like the rest of us, I'm only speculating

So, theoretically, could a new owner come in, pay the debts owed and a smaller than usual licence fee (because the other clubs just want us off their hands) and pick us up?

We are talking about a football club not a pie shop.
    It's not the first payment they will be checking, this is ongoing
    You say I'm wrong but you have no idea what the hell is going on
    Just like the rest of us, I'm only speculating
    Thank you for registering your interest in a post from ghost of plague.
    I will leave all pie related discussion to you, as i can only assume you have the experience and knowledge over me there.
    As far as the other stuff is concerned thats cool too. I wish you all the best when selling your next business, be it pie, or non pie related.
    Good day.