Page 34 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Think the horse has bolted with this one
    https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...petition-poll/
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Interesting interview with McKinna on facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/nbntelevisi...6413081038331/

No decision on Roy yet (not sure this is a good thing)
    https://www.a-league.com.au/news/out...el-grand-final

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    No decision on Roy yet (not sure this is a good thing)
    https://www.a-league.com.au/news/out...el-grand-final
    Dare I say they don’t have the balls to throw more fuel on the Jets fire after the last few days. Either they’re waiting for it to subside before dishing out the suspension, or we might get lucky and he gets a reduced suspension because they want to make it up to us LOL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Dare I say they don’t have the balls to throw more fuel on the Jets fire after the last few days. Either they’re waiting for it to subside before dishing out the suspension, or we might get lucky and he gets a reduced suspension because they want to make it up to us LOL
    This is the FFA

They probably ****ed up organising the disciplinary committee and someone cant make it as Masterchef is on and it held over to he free

I just read the article properly... for anything worse than a 4-game suspension, it gets referred to an independent tribunal which is where Roy has ended up. I’m guessing 6 weeks.

Hopefully they take into account Berishitkhunt should have got a straight red for fracturing Roy's eye socket with a deliberate elbow
    https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...-vision/?cs=12

The MRP, comprised of Simon Micallef, Alan Contini and Alan Davidson, ruled Berisha had no case to answer for the contact with O’Donovan.
    Obviously not.

I think he will get a hefty suspension and deserves it too. I'm not willing to defend what he did there.

Our experience with our own keepers getting kicked in the head shouldn't be forgotten. It was a horrible act.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I think he will get a hefty suspension and deserves it too. I'm not willing to defend what he did there.

Our experience with our own keepers getting kicked in the head shouldn't be forgotten. It was a horrible act.
    true. 6-8 weeks i reckon.

even more of a glaring issue for me is that we had 3 head injuries in the one game and yet not a single one was assessed as having concussion.

I think FIFA/FFA/AFC need to look at a concussion policy that permits a replacement player while a player is assessed for concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post

Roy's defence is that the contact he received earlier from Berishas elbow affected his judgement.

Had Berisha been sent off I think the likelihood of O'Donovan kicking Thomas are pretty much zero.

If Referees are willing to let Melb Victory get away with grubby shit all night [not just the Berisha elbow] then it's to be expected that players are going to eventually get frustrated.

I've experienced it myself and it makes you do things you normally wouldn't do.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-05-2018 at 10:03 AM.

I honestly think there was no malice in what Roy did. Poor challenge, yeah, and red card deserved. But I don't think there was any intent to contact Thomas or cause him harm.

He has shown how committed he is to trying to get onto the end of crosses all year, its not the first time he's collided with a keeper both going for a 50-50 ball. From memory, I think him reinjuring his groin was due to stretching for a ball and copping a hit from the keeper.

I think its possible that the elbow did impact his decision making, whether through actual visual impairment or just being a bit woozy.

Either way, the hyperbole from media has frustrated me.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I honestly think there was no malice in what Roy did. Poor challenge, yeah, and red card deserved. But I don't think there was any intent to contact Thomas or cause him harm.

He has shown how committed he is to trying to get onto the end of crosses all year, its not the first time he's collided with a keeper both going for a 50-50 ball. From memory, I think him reinjuring his groin was due to stretching for a ball and copping a hit from the keeper.

I think its possible that the elbow did impact his decision making, whether through actual visual impairment or just being a bit woozy.

Either way, the hyperbole from media has frustrated me.
    It was incredibly dangerous but I’d like to think they take into account the context of the game and desperation to get a toe on the ball, plus his knock from earlier. No-one can deny its reckless, but I don’t think it’s anywhere near as bad as blatantly head butting which he got 8 weeks for. Does intent come into it? I think Bramas challenge on Gameiro was far more brutal. What did he cop for that? 6?

It was incredibly dangerous but I’d like to think they take into account the context of the game and desperation to get a toe on the ball, plus his knock from earlier. No-one can deny its reckless, but I don’t think it’s anywhere near as bad as blatantly head butting which he got 8 weeks for. Does intent come into it? I think Bramas challenge on Gameiro was far more brutal. What did he cop for that? 6?
    Was it as bad as the Mane/Citeh goalkeeper from back in the day? What did Mane get 3weeks?

Brama got 2 weeks.

Yep. 2.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Was it as bad as the Mane/Citeh goalkeeper from back in the day? What did Mane get 3weeks?
    That's an interesting comparison.