Page 37 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Johnny K to take up Ugaboogas spot if he goes

Cowburn can put out the witches hats, pump balls up etc etc.
    Johnny Ks only chance at starting for us is at FB

Another Nix merger rumour
    https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...eport/?cs=4783
    the Dill
    https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...th-fire/?cs=12
    and another Leaguee talking bout that form of football they usually don't dare speak its name
    https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...-jets/?cs=2503
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Another Nix merger rumour
    https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...eport/?cs=4783
    the Dill
    https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...th-fire/?cs=12
    and another Leaguee talking bout that form of football they usually don't dare speak its name
    https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...-jets/?cs=2503
    ****ing ridiculous idea. Just kick them out altogether and have 3 new Aussie teams instead of 2.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    ****ing ridiculous idea. Just kick them out altogether and have 3 new Aussie teams instead of 2.
    This. Never have added any value to the league and never will.

Wollongong Wolves ( the real Wollongong not this Southern Expansion horse shit )
    Canberra
    Undecided on the 3rd really.
    Last edited by 380; 11-05-2018 at 10:48 PM.

How would the visa situation work with a "50/50" team?

Also noted Butterfield couldn't even mention the Jets by name.

Same with that Herald "opinion piece" criticising Jets fans for leaving before the presentation, these people don't know the game but are spurred to comment because it was the sporting event of the week.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 12-05-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    How would the visa situation work with a "50/50" team?

Also noted Butterfield couldn't even mention the Jets by name.

Same with that Herald "opinion piece" criticising Jets fans for leaving before the presentation, these people don't know the game but are spurred to comment because it was the sporting event of the week.
    I stayed and watched the trophy hand out

But quite frankly Dillion can get ****ed

Bet you the Scousers are out of there at FT when CR7 and co get the UCL crown in a couple of weeks

Reality is in Europe half the fans are gone for the trophy Hand out any way after a final

Anybody seen Craig Johnston’s open letter in herald?
    On phone atm so can’t do a fancy link.
    https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...final-debacle/

What is happening.
    I don’t think I’ve cringed as much for a while.
    He makes some good points, but the overall feel is a bit awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Anybody seen Craig Johnston’s open letter in herald?
    On phone atm so can’t do a fancy link.
    https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...final-debacle/

What is happening.
    I don’t think I’ve cringed as much for a while.
    He makes some good points, but the overall feel is a bit awkward.
    Ewwww.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Probably a bit over the top - but I do feel we deserve a proper enquiry into what happened and a better than scant apology to the fans and players, as mentioned by Ronny and George.

Yep, it’s making us all look like sore losers who have never watched a football match before or seen a game decided by a ref mistake. I’m over it, and if I can be, so can the ‘100,000’ noobs who got excited about these ‘Jets?’ for the first time ever last week.

Just give us a GF rematch in the first round next season, and get the Oils to perform live beforehand.

Banned
    Probably a bit over the top - but I do feel we deserve a proper enquiry into what happened and a better than scant apology to the fans and players, as mentioned by Ronny and George.
    Why do we need an apology??

It aint like this is the first time in the history of football a decision has gone against a side

The FFA are ****ing idiots and have created this shit storm by their bullshit announcement less than 24 hours after the result that the VAR failed

All they had to do was shut their mouth and the eye sight challenged officials cop the blame

But showing how good they are at shooting thermselves in the foot they open their mouths when silence is required

That article from Craig Johnston is cringe worthy

We lost
    We copped an incorrect decision

Lets just take it like good sports and stop having a sulk about it

Last i looked football is a game like life

It isnt fair balanced and just
    But you have to accept what comes your way

Maybe we need to cop it on the chin and move on and stop the child like we was robbed BS

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Why do we need an apology??

It aint like this is the first time in the history of football a decision has gone against a side

The FFA are ****ing idiots and have created this shit storm by their bullshit announcement less than 24 hours after the result that the VAR failed

All they had to do was shut their mouth and the eye sight challenged officials cop the blame

But showing how good they are at shooting thermselves in the foot they open their mouths when silence is required

That article from Craig Johnston is cringe worthy

We lost
    We copped an incorrect decision

Lets just take it like good sports and stop having a sulk about it

Last i looked football is a game like life

It isnt fair balanced and just
    But you have to accept what comes your way

Maybe we need to cop it on the chin and move on and stop the child like we was robbed BS
    I tend to agree with the member. That's been my approach even before the FFA announcement
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I accept the result but this is a chance to rattle the FFA glass house.
    If this was Sydney FC there would be federal enquiries, Bozza rants, Four Corners stories and all sorts of bizarre suggestions similar to Johnno's. They would be given Iniesta on a plate.
    The bigger picture is to get the message to IFAB that the VAR is a farce.

Banned
    I accept the result but this is a chance to rattle the FFA glass house.
    If this was Sydney FC there would be federal enquiries, Bozza rants, Four Corners stories and all sorts of bizarre suggestions similar to Johnno's. They would be given Iniesta on a plate.
    The bigger picture is to get the message to IFAB that the VAR is a farce.
    Rattle their house ??

I think we all in aggreeance that Gallop and co need to go

As for VAR well there are some matches being played in Russia next month and the month after
    Not sure which one it will be but only take 1 VAR incident to see the death of it

Hope it is an England game just for shits and giggles

I am with Jetmaster here. Without being all over the ins and outs of the FFA's corporate structure ( anybody who does know please jump in ) but if they receive any federal concessions or federal Govt funding there SHOULD BE a inquiry in to the governance of the FFA. This body should not be getting any concessions or financial assistance whatsoever whilst there is clearly dereliction of duty within it. Time and time again the same cock ups arise and yet nobody seems to be held accountable.

If anything there is a culture of circle the wagons scratch each others back and wait til bad shit blows over.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I am with Jetmaster here. Without being all over the ins and outs of the FFA's corporate structure ( anybody who does know please jump in ) but if they receive any federal concessions or federal Govt funding there SHOULD BE a inquiry in to the governance of the FFA. This body should not be getting any concessions or financial assistance whatsoever whilst there is clearly dereliction of duty within it. Time and time again the same cock ups arise and yet nobody seems to be held accountable.

If anything there is a culture of circle the wagons scratch each others back and wait til bad shit blows over.
    i can kind of see your point, but don't forget FIFA take a very dim view of any government interference (or even the perception of it) in football matters. The cynic in me thinks this is because it might curtail the ease with which FIFA can adjust anything to suit their professional (or personal) needs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post

Out of curiosity why are the natives at the other 9 clubs not getting restless and stirring the pot with protests at HAL games

I can understand why Jets fans have been distracted by onfield success but the NT and RBB usually cant wait to take pot shots at the FFA over the slightest grievance

Why exactly is the football community actually tolerating the ineptitude ??

There are massive problems in thge game in this country and the VAR is the least of them. The FFA seem to have no plan and everything is a knee jerk reaction

Why are we not lynching them and running Gallop and co out of town ourselves???

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Out of curiosity why are the natives at the other 9 clubs not getting restless and stirring the pot with protests at HAL games

I can understand why Jets fans have been distracted by onfield success but the NT and RBB usually cant wait to take pot shots at the FFA over the slightest grievance

Why exactly is the football community actually tolerating the ineptitude ??

There are massive problems in thge game in this country and the VAR is the least of them. The FFA seem to have no plan and everything is a knee jerk reaction

Why are we not lynching them and running Gallop and co out of town ourselves???
    I don't know eh, But it dead set drives me insane there is no accountability at FFA HQ.

As someone who spent the best part of 25 years dealing with business of all sizes from Mum & Dad operations right up to Mass Merchants it beggars belief some of these blokes at the FFA still have a job to go to. They would not last 5 mins in a role out in the real world. Out in the real world they would not get the opportunity to hide behind the threat of charging somebody with a good old bringing the game into disrepute should somebody dare question there competence.

If Gallop was of decent character he would look at himself in the mirror and ask is the game in a better position now than when he started. We all know what the answer to that is and what that would mean for him. As for Wilson he needs to do the same, not withstanding the VAR and its shortcomings his officials have had one of the worst seasons since the inception of the A League and that is on him. How many times do you look at a game and think the officials have had more of a say in the outcome than the players.

I really don't like this Craig bloke. He had about as much right to speak for Newy as I do.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...12-p4zew4.html