Page 40 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Someone needs to tell Dill that's Taggart played for the Socceroos at a world cup in 2014. Dimi is not the first since 74 but makes for a cool story
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Someone needs to tell Dill that's Taggart played for the Socceroos at a world cup in 2014. Dimi is not the first since 74 but makes for a cool story
    Didn't he sign for Fulham before the WC

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    Didn't he sign for Fulham before the WC
    By my research he signed for Fulham on June 29th after playing in the final Socceroos game against Spain on June 23rd. He was a Jets player when he went to the World Cup.

There'd be a thread on it in the forum too.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

By my research he signed for Fulham on June 29th after playing in the final Socceroos game against Spain on June 23rd. He was a Jets player when he went to the World Cup.

I trust you above my failing memory and the Dill's research skills

This article announces the signing on 24 June 2014, which was the day after our last game against Spain.

Can't remember if he was still on contract with us or not but hadn't signed with Fulham prior to the World Cup, so the Dill is wrong.

Would it have killed the Jets twitterbook operator to show Nabbout some love too?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Would it have killed the Jets twitterbook operator to show Nabbout some love too?
    Definitely should have. He was with us for all of the 2016/17 season + over 2/3rd's of the last one, and scored a fair chunk of our goals in that time to boot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    We have a Gypo running the club

Be thankful we havent folded yet

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Jets get about 370k for dimi n nabbout being selected in the WC. 2nd most after City

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Jets get about 370k for dimi n nabbout being selected in the WC. 2nd most after City
    That's terrific reward for the club. What a time to have a great season.

Who pays the clubs? This cash coming from FIFA?

I didn’t even know it was a thing. But why less than City? Or are FIFA paying a billion to City for the privilege of seeing Arzani?

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    I didn’t even know it was a thing. But why less than City? Or are FIFA paying a billion to City for the privilege of seeing Arzani?
    I think it's calculated using an autonomous variable multiplied by the number of evades.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Got to do with duration at club over a certain period of time. Arzani has been at City longer than Dimi or Nabbout with us.

You also get paid for days away from the club... well thats how I know some teams in Switzerland are getting cash... so the longer in the comp the more compensation.
    Amigos Aarau

Banned
    Being that this is an unexpected bonus i think i.know how the club should spend the 370k

All 370k should be invested in supplying members with Jet shaped hats

Make it happen Gypo CEO

Surely this talk of 370k is a piss take ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Surely this talk of 370k is a piss take ?
    Nope. Behind paywall - https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...c543f668da0f05

Newcastle Jets = $360,400
    Dimi Petratos $195,400
    Andrew Nabbout $171,000

A-LEAGUE clubs will reap a minimum $1.53 million World Cup windfall thanks to generous new compensation being paid by FIFA for Russia 2018 participants.

Melbourne City and Newcastle Jets are the biggest winners under a complex formula, that will land them $440,000 and $360,000 respectively.

Daniel Arzani’s meteoric rise has proven lucrative for City, who’ll net a staggering $300,000 after Bert van Marwijk picked him in the final 23-man squad.

It pays off their Arzani investment and then some, with City believed to have spent around $110,000 on the winger – his annual salary has been $47,000 per annum for the past two seasons. His wage rises to almost $140,000 next season.

City will also receive an unexpected $147,000 for Tim Cahill, with the “Club Benefits Programme”, which rewards World Cup players’ clubs of the past two years.

The Jets have benefited for van Marwijk’s faith in Dimi Petratos and Andrew Nabbout, netting $196,000 and $170,000 respectively.

It virtually covers the Jets’ costs, with Petratos and Nabbout – while he was at the club - earning $200,000 and $100,000 per season respectively.

When Nabbout’s $500,000 transfer is factored in they’ve made a handsome profit, while Japanese club Urawa Red Diamonds will get an instant $120,000 return on their Nabbout investment.

Sydney FC will receive $253,000 for Matt Jurman ($155,000) and Danny Vukovic ($98,000) while Josh Risdon’s switch to Western Sydney has netted the Wanderers $196,000 – similar to their hitherto outlay for the right-back.

Despite not having a player at the World Cup, Brisbane Roar are set for a $159,000 boon via former attackers Jamie Maclaren ($98,000) and Petratos ($61,000).

Melbourne Victory missed out a $270,000-plus bonanza when James Troisi missed the cut, but they’ll still bank $47,000 thanks to former players Mark Milligan ($41,000).

Josh Risdon (R) gave the Wanderers and Glory a handsome cash injection. Perth Glory’s role in Risdon’s international emergence will be rewarded with a handsome $100,000 cheque.

Overseas clubs will mainly benefit from the Socceroos’ qualification, with Celtic (Tom Rogic), Bursaspor (Aziz Behich), Luzern (Tomi Juric), Feyenoord (Brad Jones) and QPR (Massimo Luongo) receiving the full $300,000 whack for their players as they’ve been there for the past two years.

Mile Jedinak (Aston Villa) and Milos Degenek (Yokohama F Marinos) will bank their clubs in excess of $250,000.

City will cash in on Tim Cahill despite the star’s ugly exit from the club. The total distributions will rise if the Socceroos can advance to the knockout phase, with $11,270 (US$8530) on offer for each player’ club(s) for every extra day they compete at the World Cup beyond the group phase.

The initial “total per player” amount is multiplied by the number of days each player is at the World Cup, starting two weeks before their opening game.

FIFA’s US$209 million total distribution has risen substantially from Brazil 2014 (US$70m) and South Africa 2010 (US$40m), when it was introduced.

More info on it here: https://resources.fifa.com/mm/docume...am_neutral.pdf

Dimi is the gift that keeps on giving.