Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1574

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2018

  1. #1021
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    also, chunts ded 2 me now.
    Wish these dudes would openly say "I'm not as good as I thought and this mob offered me the most coin"...I can live with that. Not this "club with genuine title aspirations" crap. The grand finalists obviously thought him overpriced.....flap orf.

  2. #1022
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Wish these dudes would openly say "I'm not as good as I thought and this mob offered me the most coin"...I can live with that. Not this "club with genuine title aspirations" crap. The grand finalists obviously thought him overpriced.....flap orf.
    Agree with this.

  3. #1023
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Wish these dudes would openly say "I'm not as good as I thought and this mob offered me the most coin"...I can live with that. Not this "club with genuine title aspirations" crap.
    totally agree here JM.
    We live in a world that aspires to make the most amount of money we can, as easliy as we can.
    Yet some folks just feel ashamed to admit it.


    weird.



    Lets hope GVE has the lads practising their 50m shots at training. Old flappy hands dont dig the long ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  4. #1024
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,321
    Arzani fails to make the cut when Celtic selected a 43 man squad for the Europa League.

    I can see him back playing in the A-League around January.


    https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/celtic-...mission-512225

  5. #1025
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Arzani fails to make the cut when Celtic selected a 43 man squad for the Europa League.

    I can see him back playing in the A-League around January.


    https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/celtic-...mission-512225
    according to the celtic foz he can still be used in the Cup as he is under 21 so doesnt need to be registered? Brendon Rogers also said he was weeks away from being fit enough to play.

  6. #1026
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutcho View Post
    according to the celtic foz he can still be used in the Cup as he is under 21 so doesnt need to be registered? Brendon Rogers also said he was weeks away from being fit enough to play.
    Isn't the U21 thing only relevant to HG players? He certainly doesn't qualify for that.

    Not surprising he isn't fit... did he ever play the full 90 in the A-League?

  7. #1027
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutcho View Post
    according to the celtic foz he can still be used in the Cup as he is under 21 so doesnt need to be registered? Brendon Rogers also said he was weeks away from being fit enough to play.
    What do you mean he isnt fit??

    The bloke went to a World Cup 2 months ago what does Rogers mean he isnt fit??

    I gping to call straight up bullshit on this

    Celtic may want to get a bit of work into Arzani but no way in the world he isnt fit. The bloke is 19 and skinny FFS
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  8. #1028
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    What do you mean he isnt fit??

    The bloke went to a World Cup 2 months ago what does Rogers mean he isnt fit??

    I gping to call straight up bullshit on this

    Celtic may want to get a bit of work into Arzani but no way in the world he isnt fit. The bloke is 19 and skinny FFS
    Simple. He's ****ing lazy.

  9. #1029
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Excellent work.. Could be very exciting, good to see the club getting him over the line..

    For anyone that can't be bothered youtubeing, here's all his goals from the other year in the K-League..
    (I'm pretty sure no-one has posted this on here yet?)

    https://twitter.com/NewcastleJetsFC/...38397897490432

    So Newy Jets media team reads the foz. Good to know.

  10. #1030
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Wish these dudes would openly say "I'm not as good as I thought and this mob offered me the most coin"...I can live with that. Not this "club with genuine title aspirations" crap. The grand finalists obviously thought him overpriced.....flap orf.
    Do you really think the players say this stuff? It's written by the club's PR dept.

  11. #1031
    Senior Member leftrightout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,426
    Melbourne City sign Ritchie De Laet.

    https://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...bd57227bf02859


    They will be starting the season as favourites won't they?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

  12. #1032
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,141
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Melbourne City sign Ritchie De Laet.

    https://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...bd57227bf02859


    They will be starting the season as favourites won't they?
    They're up there with Perth for me.

    Adelaide are next, then a mix of Wanderers, Victory, Sydney, Roar and Us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  13. #1033
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Melbourne City sign Ritchie De Laet.

    https://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...bd57227bf02859


    They will be starting the season as favourites won't they?
    Ritchie De Laet is not a great player at all. He can't get minutes in a Championship side who's best defender by far last year was a 37 yr old John Terry. He is up against Alan Hutton and can't get minutes... Alan freaking Hutton!! He was loaned out last year and played 8 times for a Belgian 1st division side.

    I know this league is rubbish, but he will honestly fit in quite well. He is on holidays for a year earning Championship wages but with no pressure to perform what so ever.

    Jamieson - La Rocca - Schekenveld - De Laet

    That's not really too troubling to come up against.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  14. #1034
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    They're up there with Perth for me.

    Adelaide are next, then a mix of Wanderers, Victory, Sydney, Roar and Us.
    I know they have Popa but I can still see Perth finishing 7th and it will be hilarious if they do. They have a great squad on paper, but they have the last few seasons and just never got it together.

    On paper - Top 3.
    In Reality - Fighting for 6th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  15. #1035
    Senior Member leftrightout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

    Jamieson - La Rocca - Schekenveld - De Laet

    That's not really too troubling to come up against.
    Its not, but neither is Georgie - Boogard - NTS - Hoffman but we managed to dominate teams.
    Look at City midfield and attacking players. They have a great A-league team!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

  16. #1036
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Its not, but neither is Georgie - Boogard - NTS - Hoffman but we managed to dominate teams.
    Look at City midfield and attacking players. They have a great A-league team!
    We conceded 37 goals, 4 more than City did last year.

    We didn't dominate teams, we attacked very smartly and efficiently.

    City have a better attack than us this year on paper I agree. But they won't be dominating teams in defence like Sydney did the last few years, that was more my point. City don't have a squad like Sydney did last year so i'm not getting over excited by them. Same goes for Adelaide, Victory and Sydney.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  17. #1037
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    We conceded 37 goals, 4 more than City did last year.

    We didn't dominate teams, we attacked very smartly and efficiently.

    City have a better attack than us this year on paper I agree. But they won't be dominating teams in defence like Sydney did the last few years, that was more my point. City don't have a squad like Sydney did last year so i'm not getting over excited by them. Same goes for Adelaide, Victory and Sydney.
    Sydneys dominance was more tactical rather than personnell as such

    Gypo Arnie just picked at a fault of Aussie players

    Their desire to retain possession at all costs and play out from the back etc thanks to the Dutch Mango sucking indoctrination and exposed our poor technical ability at retaining that ball whilst under pressure

    So all Gypo Arnie did was get his team super fit and then teach his team to press well and hunt in packs much much better than seen in Oz before

    Gave them a significant advantage over their rivals that took nearly 2 years for teams to start to get to grips with

    Nothing revolutionary in the World
    Just him exploiting a weak point as Ange did before with Roar and his Tikka Takka shit
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  18. #1038
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,321
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Sydneys dominance was more tactical rather than personnell as such

    Gypo Arnie just picked at a fault of Aussie players

    Their desire to retain possession at all costs and play out from the back etc thanks to the Dutch Mango sucking indoctrination and exposed our poor technical ability at retaining that ball whilst under pressure

    So all Gypo Arnie did was get his team super fit and then teach his team to press well and hunt in packs much much better than seen in Oz before

    Gave them a significant advantage over their rivals that took nearly 2 years for teams to start to get to grips with

    Nothing revolutionary in the World
    Just him exploiting a weak point as Ange did before with Roar and his Tikka Takka shit
    You don't think the referees might have helped them a bit as well ? Not to mention the FFA changing rules for them whenever they needed to get another player under the salary cap or circumvent transfer rules.

  19. #1039
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    You don't think the referees might have helped them a bit as well ? Not to mention the FFA changing rules for them whenever they needed to get another player under the salary cap or circumvent transfer rules.
    Refs don't win you games. They got help yes, but still had to do the work.

    They had a great game plan, which was pretty much what the member said, and executed it well. They also had a very clinical bloke up top and 2 guys who could feed him the ball quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  20. #1040
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,760
    https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-le...trolled-flares

    Controlled flares

    Music during corners and goal kicks


    #****OffGallop
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •