Page 63 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 3065

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Was Judith Griggs part of the F1 board that got it stolen from them in Adelaide or was she part of the team doing the stealing? I feel that may give us a better indication of her ability.
    Doesn't have a penis how much more information do you need Plague ? That's my 60's/70's answer.

Modern PC answer is that she went to Harvard Business school meaning she's probably not overflowing with ethics but would know how to attract a dollar or two with respect to sponsorships. So I'd expect her to be very good person to have at a club given she's got a track record and is very connected. I think she made a name for herself with signage at GP's - did very well I think.

Google Judith Griggs Paterson
    Last edited by The Dunster; 26-10-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Great opportunity here. Foster has been banging on like he invented football (which we know isn't true because WSW invented football) for an age. Time for him to demonstrate his messiah like genius or **** in the direction of off.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Yeah bought a cable for my old man & going to mirror to my chromecast at home. Hopefully quality is alright on both
    Sorry mate, gave you a bum steer on that one.
    App wont allow screen mirroring.
    Have to go the cord option.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Great opportunity here. Foster has been banging on like he invented football (which we know isn't true because WSW invented football) for an age. Time for him to demonstrate his messiah like genius or **** in the direction of off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Story time with Plague.
    A few years back my friend was playing for Sydney Uni while he studied there. My friend was no mug, had played rep juniors in Spain and was in a La Liga youth program for a while. He not only could play, but understood the game. One day along came a certain former Australian player and current football TV pundit. He vowed to train the boys up and get them playing proper football just like they did in countries like Spain.

What followed was a 60 min session full of mindless talk, stupid instructions and constant bellowing that players were hopeless and that anyone who questioned him got belittled because he had played for Australia.

He walked off halfway through the training session and never returned, achieving nothing.

Now im not saying that the bloke in the story IS Craig Foster, but imagine having someone like that in charge of your organisation.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Story time with Plague.
    A few years back my friend was playing for Sydney Uni while he studied there. My friend was no mug, had played rep juniors in Spain and was in a La Liga youth program for a while. He not only could play, but understood the game. One day along came a certain former Australian player and current football TV pundit. He vowed to train the boys up and get them playing proper football just like they did in countries like Spain.

What followed was a 60 min session full of mindless talk, stupid instructions and constant bellowing that players were hopeless and that anyone who questioned him got belittled because he had played for Australia.

He walked off halfway through the training session and never returned, achieving nothing.

Now im not saying that the bloke in the story IS Craig Foster, but imagine having someone like that in charge of your organisation.

It fits with what you would expect from this expert.

Nobody ever does it as well as he thinks it should be done when you watch him "analyse" a game. I wonder what he would think of his own performances in the past?

Les Murray did go on about boring English style football being favoured by "uncultured" Aussies. Real football was played by Di Stefano, Puskas et al. This is the Foster mantra.

Simon Hill....doesn't matter how you play, most goals wins. Touche

Dear Jets. Plague picked up his Members pack. I have some thoughts.

The pencil case and flag are dope (courtesy of Plague jnr but im def snapping that flag in two once we go 3-0 to Perth this season).
    Even though the cap is the wrong shape, it is in fact also dope.

the scarf is wack. typical Gypo CEO giving us such trash. although was a good headband as i crane kicked Plague jnr this arvo.

but

the torch/bottle opener keyring thingy is dead set the greatest piece of Jets kit in the history of the club.
    Praise Griff for inventing a device that no only lets you get on the booze, but it helps you navigate your way home once youre done.
    Griff once gain has saved the club.
    Hail Griff.

also, top marks for the 'Everything Football' crew for their service and helpfulness. I see they are moving into the Kotara Death Star in the next few weeks.
    get out there and support them, they are good people.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Dear Jets. Plague picked up his Members pack. I have some thoughts.

The pencil case and flag are dope (courtesy of Plague jnr but im def snapping that flag in two once we go 3-0 to Perth this season).
    Even though the cap is the wrong shape, it is in fact also dope.

the scarf is wack. typical Gypo CEO giving us such trash. although was a good headband as i crane kicked Plague jnr this arvo.

but

the torch/bottle opener keyring thingy is dead set the greatest piece of Jets kit in the history of the club.
    Praise Griff for inventing a device that no only lets you get on the booze, but it helps you navigate your way home once youre done.
    Griff once gain has saved the club.
    Hail Griff.

also, top marks for the 'Everything Football' crew for their service and helpfulness. I see they are moving into the Kotara Death Star in the next few weeks.
    Torch/bottle opener? I didn’t get one of those.

Tell me more.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post

Tell me more.
    I got one when I picked up membership pack from Everything Football.

Agree with Plague; it's brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post

Tell me more.
    you got hosed.
    its the tits.

literally just a silver thumb drive looking thing that has a bottle opener in it but has an LED torch as well.
    Griff just pretty much solved global warming in one hit.

Hail Griff.

oh and it has a Jets logo too.
    absolute boss piece of kit. already hooked the spare one up to my golf bag.
    Seems like I am WRONG

we actually got one (the exact same one) last year as well you realise don't yas...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Had nothing but ordinary service from this mob to say the lease.
    From bulk orders going missing and given blatant lies to their incompetence to going to collect my jets membership pack and being told they don't have it in stock and also being refused to exchange a present that was the wrong size that had never been worn and still had the receipt.
    I don't get the love this mob get, from top to bottom this place is full of incompetence.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Had nothing but ordinary service from this mob to say the lease.
    From bulk orders going missing and given blatant lies to their incompetence to going to collect my jets membership pack and being told they don't have it in stock and also being refused to exchange a present that was the wrong size that had never been worn and still had the receipt.
    I don't get the love this mob get, from top to bottom this place is full of incompetence.
    Ok fine now I hate them too.
    Fold the club and that shop all at once.

the fact we can now go somewhere that doesn't think you've come in to buy Knytes gear coz real Newy fans only follow Knytes, and that it's obviously a small family run business who by the sounds have had teething problems getting it right and need to learn the balance between good customer service (e.g. on exchanges) and pissing people off (hopefully it will come but they may need to be warned what consumer law is if they are contravening it), I'm inclined to want to give them my business because I support the concept of a football one-stop store, I can walk in there and there is not a single eggball in sight for a start, that's gotta be worth at least a thumbs up for that...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    the fact we can now go somewhere that doesn't think you've come in to buy Knytes gear coz real Newy fans only follow Knytes, and that it's obviously a small family run business who by the sounds have had teething problems getting it right and need to learn the balance between good customer service (e.g. on exchanges) and pissing people off (hopefully it will come but they may need to be warned what consumer law is if they are contravening it), I'm inclined to want to give them my business because I support the concept of a football one-stop store, I can walk in there and there is not a single eggball in sight for a start, that's gotta be worth at least a thumbs up for that...
    Ok I like them again.
    Everything Football forever!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    I got one when I picked up membership pack from Everything Football.

Agree with Plague; it's brilliant.
    I got my kit from Everything Football.

Now I feel like I got stooged.

Craig Foster has nominated for FFA board.
    Finally putting his hand up to do something instead of talking shit and degrading others.

He's possibly at the height of his popularity. He did a good job at the World Cup.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Craig Foster has nominated for FFA board.
    Finally putting his hand up to do something instead of talking shit and degrading others.
    Exactly why the hate towards Foster??

The bloke does his job whuch is too speak passionately about the game exactly as he is paid to do

Bloke at least has the cajones to challenge stuff instead of being an FFA puppet such as Slater Bozza and co

I reckon Foster has some issues with his ridiculous attempts to bring social issues into football discussion from his SBS soapbox

But when.it comes to football coverage in this country we need 50 more blokes like him.