Page 69 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 3065

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

FMD there are some miserable ostriches on here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Not really sure why this is news ?
    Just because it's not news 'for you' doesn't mean it ain't news.

It matters to plenty of people, maybe just let them have this one ok.

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    exactly.

Herald trying hard to push the societal pandering order to reinforce everything is ok?

Should be a feminist angle shortly followed by an environmental one. Society wont riot now
    My suggestion would be that this may be of interest to people that don't feel comfortable to be themselves within the sporting landscape of Australia.
    The number of footballers that haven't felt comfortable to come out whilst within the professional environment is clear, and their statements as to why are reason enough to suggest their is value in gay players being afforded a forum to discuss these issues.
    Society isn't ok, which is why articles like this are important, to remind us that as a sport we still don't accept something as normal and common as homosexuality.
    I think that's why its news.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    My suggestion would be that this may be of interest to people that don't feel comfortable to be themselves within the sporting landscape of Australia.
    The number of footballers that haven't felt comfortable to come out whilst within the professional environment is clear, and their statements as to why are reason enough to suggest their is value in gay players being afforded a forum to discuss these issues.
    Society isn't ok, which is why articles like this are important, to remind us that as a sport we still don't accept something as normal and common as homosexuality.
    I think that's why its news.
    Why should sexuality have anything to do with sport or be anyone elses business. Get on with life in harmony. Society and more importantly social are pushing this stupid agenda.

Clacka gone in October to become technical director at NNSWF...

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Clacka gone in October to become technical director at NNSWF...
    Not getting replaced according to Lawrie, the Ernie and quong show instead

I am calling Lawrie out on this as total f^&&*ng bullshit and Bert just just saying what he is told. With all the money saving measures this season with the cut price approach to the squad now extending to the coaching ranks we will make the scum down the road look like a competent outfit.

All jokes aside i never thought i could hate on this club again the way i did during the Stumblins season but hearing this straight out cock and BS about the non replacing of Zane takes me right back to that time. Lawrie must think supporters are brain dead halfwits to believe that shit about not replacing Zane having nothing to do with the current financial constraints and saving a quid.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I am calling Lawrie out on this as total f^&&*ng bullshit and Bert just just saying what he is told. With all the money saving measures this season with the cut price approach to the squad now extending to the coaching ranks we will make the scum down the road look like a competent outfit.

All jokes aside i never thought i could hate on this club again the way i did during the Stumblins season but hearing this straight out cock and BS about the non replacing of Zane takes me right back to that time. Lawrie must think supporters are brain dead halfwits to believe that shit about not replacing Zane having nothing to do with the current financial constraints and saving a quid.
    Probably another reason we are selling a home game regionally this year as well.

I reflect on past pre-seasons and there's no China trip, no Portugal trip. Remember the team only just got back before the FFA Cup game on the Gold Coast last year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Probably another reason we are selling a home game regionally this year as well.

I reflect on past pre-seasons and there's no China trip, no Portugal trip. Remember the team only just got back before the FFA Cup game on the Gold Coast last year?
    One member of the team went to America? That counts doesn't it??

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    One member of the team went to America? That counts doesn't it??
    This made me chuckle
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Lawrie must think supporters are brain dead halfwits to believe that shit about not replacing Zane having nothing to do with the current financial constraints and saving a quid.
    When Mitchell Murphy was here and Tinkler just used him as a puppet, at least Murphy treated the public with respect and handled himself with professionalism and class. I rarely felt taken for a ride from Murphy, and more often than not sympathised with his situation due to how genuine he was with how he said things.

This bullshitting technique Lawrie uses though, it is way too disturbingly easy to see thru, and it makes me respect him less each time. Maybe half of the issue though is how Lawrie engages, which is with poor grammar on twitter. It would be way harder to maintain integrity on that platform. But that is his own fault for engaging that way I guess.

Well spotted J-pool, no preseason trips for the seniors or even the youth this year. I can't help but conclude both sides will be weaker because of it.
    OK

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    When big news for the team is that Hoffman is fit again, we are in genuine strife. How long before Dimi pisses off to the Middle East now his Socceroos chances are gone? Once he’s gone who do we have? A rapper who is off trying to bring back Death Row Records? Bring on promotion and relegation so this mediocrity can be done with. If it means Newy loses a team in the national competition who cares.

People here will be spending more on Kayo and Foxtel subscriptions to watch the Jets than Martin Lee will be spending on players.

The shark has well and truly been jumped.

All jokes aside i never thought i could hate on this club again the way i did during the Stumblins season
    How could you have such little faith?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    and it makes me respect him less each time.
    this assumes you had some sort of starting point.

that mistake is on you my friend.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Bring on promotion and relegation so this mediocrity can be done with. If it means Newy loses a team in the national competition who cares.
    this.

i, for one, am looking forward to proper cold cans on the hill of Number 2 sports ground as we play Morwell Falcons in a few years.

Proper football.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    When Mitchell Murphy was here and Tinkler just used him as a puppet, at least Murphy treated the public with respect and handled himself with professionalism and class. I rarely felt taken for a ride from Murphy, and more often than not sympathised with his situation due to how genuine he was with how he said things.

This bullshitting technique Lawrie uses though, it is way too disturbingly easy to see thru, and it makes me respect him less each time. Maybe half of the issue though is how Lawrie engages, which is with poor grammar on twitter. It would be way harder to maintain integrity on that platform. But that is his own fault for engaging that way I guess.

Well spotted J-pool, no preseason trips for the seniors or even the youth this year. I can't help but conclude both sides will be weaker because of it.
    I agree Murphy was doing a more than reasonable job with what he had to work with. Would have been good too see how good a ship he could have run without all the baggage this club seems to be stuck with season after season.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    this.

i, for one, am looking forward to proper cold cans on the hill of Number 2 sports ground as we play Morwell Falcons in a few years.

Proper football.
    Then we can all reminisce about the good ol days when we were in the big leagues

Bert needs to put his foot down and insist Martin finds the funds to invite Reuben back to fold...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned
    Martin is Tinks 2.0. Using the club as a grubby side project for their shoddy businesses.

Another wasted year coming up