Page 99 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 3078

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Pretty sure any third officials will also be pleased to see him back

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Pretty sure any third officials will also be pleased to see him back
    Pretty sure you mean fourth officials...
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I need better drugs

See Frodo he's got the Gandalf Gold. Might send you a bit strange though.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    See Frodo he's got the Gandalf Gold. Might send you a bit strange though.
    Longbottom Leaf, isnt it??

Uh oh.. Word is that the Jets are at some sort of function - right this second - in town and that everyone's favourite Hobbit is at the same venue (tucking in to some pints of ale and preparing himself to have a chat)

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Uh oh.. Word is that the Jets are at some sort of function - right this second - in town and that everyone's favourite Hobbit is at the same venue (tucking in to some pints of ale and preparing himself to have a chat)

I've only had 2 beers so far. Let me get a couple more down and I'll start asking Lawrie the hard hitting questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Bernie is definitely not here, absolutely every other player and coach that I can think of besides Griff is. So I take that as his strike is definitely in full effect.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I've only had 2 beers so far. Let me get a couple more down and I'll start asking Lawrie the hard hitting questions.

Ask about the Jet Shaped hats.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Ask about the Jet Shaped hats.
    That definitely needs to happen after a few more beers.

I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of it all but is there the opportunity for the Jets to piss the petulant 50 minute footballer ass wipe off and have an agreement in place where the FA will not allow him to be registered with any other A League club for the next season ?.

Or if the FA and Jets try going down this path is there the possibility the no show spit the dummy player seek to go down the legal path with the help of the players association citing some restriction of trade and be allowed to play for another A League club ?.

Besides the Ibini BS IMO we are really going to struggle without the recruitment of a significant # 10. I do hope this is one of the positions Griff was alluding to in his recent interview regarding a couple of imports if the coaching and ownership issues can be put to rest very shortly.
    Last edited by 380; 04-12-2020 at 03:17 PM.

I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of it all but is there the opportunity for the Jets to piss the petulant 50 minute footballer ass wipe off and have an agreement in place where the FA will not allow him to be registered with any other A League club for the next season ?.

Or if the FA and Jets try going down this path is there the possibility the no show spit the dummy player seek to go down the legal path with the help of the players association citing some restriction of trade and be allowed to play for another A League club ?.

Besides the Ibini BS IMO we are really going to struggle without the recruitment of a significant # 10. I do hope this is one of the positions Griff was alluding to in his recent interview regarding a couple of imports if the coaching and ownership issues can be put to rest very shortly.
    I would assume every contract has a clause stating that if the player refuses to train (or similar), he can be stood down without pay until he fulfills his duties.
    This of course should not mean termination of the contract.
    If he wants to waste a full season, that's up to him. If anyone is suggesting him to act so unprofessionally, he should seriously reconsider his relationship with these subjects.

I fully back the club for acting professionally (unlike what they did with the Jowic debacle).

Has to be deregistered from the A league. Frees up a spot for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Turns out I am a terrible terrible journalist.... And I don't get any better as I drink more.

Spoke with a couple of the boys and got absolutely nothing out of them regarding ownership, Uga's situation, Ibini's situation, etc.

Worst of all I didn't manage to round up Lawrie before he left to enquire about the hats. I'm disgusted with myself, I should have realised he was an early leaver. My apologies.

I will say that Ugarkovic looked happy and was obviously still well respected and loved by the rest of the team. That's a good sign if we want to convince him to stay. The new guys like Ramy and Yuel were all settled in and didn't look out of place amongst the group. It looks like they are on track to be a solid team unit, just need to hurry up and get a coach in to get the football part sorted.

PFA have already told him he doesn't have a case.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    PFA have already told him he doesn't have a case.
    That was when we were paying him, I was more asking if we stopped paying him if that somehow changes things ?.

Were still paying him, It was in the herald yesterday
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Were still paying him, It was in the herald yesterday
    Thats correct but the $ 64.00 dollar question is can we now stop paying him and maintain the high ground in regards to him pissing off and NOT signing for another A League club.

From my experience with workplace disputes the moment circumstances or the status quo changes then so does each sides rights and obligations, Everything up til now has been on the proviso Bernie had a quacks certificate or was showing up for training albeit in a limited capacity and we were paying him. Now that he is not showing and without a quacks certificate the situation has changed once again.

Thats correct but the $ 64.00 dollar question is can we now stop paying him and maintain the high ground in regards to him pissing off and NOT signing for another A League club.

From my experience with workplace disputes the moment circumstances or the status quo changes then so does each sides rights and obligations, Everything up til now has been on the proviso Bernie had a quacks certificate or was showing up for training albeit in a limited capacity and we were paying him. Now that he is not showing and without a quacks certificate the situation has changed once again.
    We follow the guidelines of the PFA im guessing, they are acting as a go between
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

If it gets to a point where we can legally not pay him, the contract would have to be null and void. Which means he can sign for whomever he wants as he would be off contract. Best case scenario for all you slave owners is that we gave him a contract with penalties for missing training that are close to his weekly salary. Then we would be able to keep him on contract whilst not paying him much in wages.

Is that childish enough to keep you all happy? Cause I can almost unequovically guarantee you that any player with thoughts of moving elsewhere will be on the phone to their agents (Ugarkovic, ahem) finding out their contract details and planning a move elsewhere as soon as possible.

We are favourites for the spoon. Anyone who doesn't want to be here should have a member of the club helping them pack their bags and driving them to the airport. A small minded club gets offended by this and acts out like a scorned lover, a big club laughs it off and makes sure the player rues ever leaving.