Page 100 of 154 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 3075

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Hmmm... and your solution would be: every time a player throws a tantrum (unheard of in professional sport, eh?), just let them go to the competition.
    Way to get respect from the other players. And the other teams. And your members too.
    The only childish thing here is signing a contract (no one forced him) and then whingeing after 2 months because your best mate has moved to a different school... i mean team...

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    If it gets to a point where we can legally not pay him, the contract would have to be null and void. Which means he can sign for whomever he wants as he would be off contract. Best case scenario for all you slave owners is that we gave him a contract with penalties for missing training that are close to his weekly salary. Then we would be able to keep him on contract whilst not paying him much in wages.

Is that childish enough to keep you all happy? Cause I can almost unequovically guarantee you that any player with thoughts of moving elsewhere will be on the phone to their agents (Ugarkovic, ahem) finding out their contract details and planning a move elsewhere as soon as possible.

We are favourites for the spoon. Anyone who doesn't want to be here should have a member of the club helping them pack their bags and driving them to the airport. A small minded club gets offended by this and acts out like a scorned lover, a big club laughs it off and makes sure the player rues ever leaving.
    You've got rocks in your head and would rather the club be a pathetic pushover then show some backbone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Hmmm... and your solution would be: every time a player throws a tantrum (unheard of in professional sport, eh?), just let them go to the competition.
    Way to get respect from the other players. And the other teams. And your members too.
    The only childish thing here is signing a contract (no one forced him) and then whingeing after 2 months because your best mate has moved to a different school... i mean team...
    My plan is to not run a basket case of a club that players want to run away from as soon as they arrive and realise how bad things really are.

Take the blinkers off and look at what the actual problem is, how we got here and think about how much or little Ibini will affect our problems?

In my head, if a team mate throws a tantrum and wants to leave, I would want my coach to look him in the eyes, shake his hand and tell him "there's the door, we don't need you and you aren't welcome back", then tell the playing group to remember the next time you come up against him to make sure he regrets the way he acted and how little it affected us as a playing group. Don't kick him or insult him, go and win the game and afterwards look him in the eyes and remind how little his leaving impacted the playing group.

But, by all means, let's sit here and act tough to some ex-gypo blow-in who had like 1 decent game in the few months he was here and waste time and effort trying to coerce him to stay against his will so we look tough to all the other teams in the league. The Jets are the best at enforcing contracts, can't play football and are paying Ibini wages to put in half arse performances each week but jeez they enforce contracts well. LMAO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    You've got rocks in your head and would rather the club be a pathetic pushover then show some backbone.
    We all follow the jets, so we all clearly have rocks in our heads Stanny. I just care more about the club than your gypo mate wasting time and resources with his childish antics. Don't forget that blokes like you spent the end of last season talking up how good he was and how he was gonna such a great player for us this season. Sit down, enjoy your humble pie and let the adults talk for a minute.

I just hope that Bernie takes the rest of his Coastie mates, Lawrie included, down to Parramatta so they steal a living off of them for a while. Sign players who likely care more about our main rivals than us and look at what happens.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

We all follow the jets, so we all clearly have rocks in our heads Stanny. I just care more about the club than your gypo mate wasting time and resources with his childish antics. Don't forget that blokes like you spent the end of last season talking up how good he was and how he was gonna such a great player for us this season. Sit down, enjoy your humble pie and let the adults talk for a minute.

I just hope that Bernie takes the rest of his Coastie mates, Lawrie included, down to Parramatta so they steal a living off of them for a while. Sign players who likely care more about our main rivals than us and look at what happens.
    Bernie being a **** doesn't change his football ability and my point doesn't change, If he was committed to seeing out his contract then he would be our best attacker hands down
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

I’m okay with what we have done so far.
    I’d like to piss him off before the season starts because as Frodo says, why would you want somebody here that isn’t playing and doesn’t want to be here, we can’t get the best out of him. Just wasting salary and squad space.
    But I also like that we are making this process very difficult for him and somewhat making a stand that we won’t be walked over.

We also don’t know if he will blatantly refuse to play this season, or if we get to season beginning and no deal, will he then “publicly commit to the Jets”.

The message we have sent if we let him go is, if you wanna leave you can, but we gonna make sure everyone knows your leaving this club despite signing a contract.
    At least this shows the fans that the club cares, and I feel like the general fan base would see signing a contract as a big move.
    When people familiar with overseas football realise that players agitate for moves all the time and clubs inevitably sell them. (Transfer fees being the different here).

If it gets to a point where we can legally not pay him, the contract would have to be null and void. Which means he can sign for whomever he wants as he would be off contract. Best case scenario for all you slave owners is that we gave him a contract with penalties for missing training that are close to his weekly salary. Then we would be able to keep him on contract whilst not paying him much in wages.

Is that childish enough to keep you all happy? Cause I can almost unequovically guarantee you that any player with thoughts of moving elsewhere will be on the phone to their agents (Ugarkovic, ahem) finding out their contract details and planning a move elsewhere as soon as possible.

We are favourites for the spoon. Anyone who doesn't want to be here should have a member of the club helping them pack their bags and driving them to the airport. A small minded club gets offended by this and acts out like a scorned lover, a big club laughs it off and makes sure the player rues ever leaving.
    You cite the club being a basket case as some sort of justification for Bernie to be asking for the exit door.

Basket case or not Bernie put pen to paper and needs to mature up and honor that contract regardless. As long as he is being paid he needs to be like any other employee and perform any reasonable request made of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I’m okay with what we have done so far.
    I’d like to piss him off before the season starts because as Frodo says, why would you want somebody here that isn’t playing and doesn’t want to be here, we can’t get the best out of him. Just wasting salary and squad space.
    But I also like that we are making this process very difficult for him and somewhat making a stand that we won’t be walked over.

We also don’t know if he will blatantly refuse to play this season, or if we get to season beginning and no deal, will he then “publicly commit to the Jets”.

The message we have sent if we let him go is, if you wanna leave you can, but we gonna make sure everyone knows your leaving this club despite signing a contract.
    At least this shows the fans that the club cares, and I feel like the general fan base would see signing a contract as a big move.
    When people familiar with overseas football realise that players agitate for moves all the time and clubs inevitably sell them. (Transfer fees being the different here).

I agree that they club has done no wrong as of writing because the season hasn't started yet. He hasn't likely caused any real harm since there is still an option for him to move on and there's also still an option for him to stay, so no one has truly harmed the other party badly. More importantly though we don't have a coach, so until that happens I don't see any real harm in keeping if the club wants to prove a point. Once a coach arrives and wants to start work, that's when Ibini MAY become a distraction. If he starts to become a distraction, given our position i'd rather the club focus on the more pertinant issues. Not try to take a stand when we have almost nothing to gain and plenty to lose by digging our heels in.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    You cite the club being a basket case as some sort of justification for Bernie to be asking for the exit door.

Basket case or not Bernie put pen to paper and needs to mature up and honor that contract regardless. As long as he is being paid he needs to be like any other employee and perform any reasonable request made of him.
    I'm looking at the bigger picture. Ibini's nonsense means nothing to me and very little when compared to the overall issues at the club right now.

Would you rather Lawrie be chasing up Ibini's sick note or going over details for the potential sale that could protect our clubs future?

Would you rather him hold a meeting with Ibini's agent or with potential coaches?

All I care about this season is having a team to follow, I don't give a flying **** about Bernie Ibini wearing a jets shirt at the best of times let alone when we have an owner going broke and no safety net of the FFA who had a vetted interest in keeping us afloat to fall back on. If we go under now, why would the other clubs give Mr Lee money to buy us back when they can just take the licence and sell it to another club like Canberra or Wollongong? What makes more sense financially in the short term when Covid has affected everyone so much this year and we almost lost our entire broadcasting deal??

I could be wrong and they care too much about our market, which obviously is large and has huge potential if we ever got some decent owners, to let us fold but I don't want to risk it over some mediocre forward who acts like a baby when things don't go his way.

Never once have you mentioned Griffiths
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

I'm looking at the bigger picture. Ibini's nonsense means nothing to me and very little when compared to the overall issues at the club right now.

Would you rather Lawrie be chasing up Ibini's sick note or going over details for the potential sale that could protect our clubs future?

Would you rather him hold a meeting with Ibini's agent or with potential coaches?

All I care about this season is having a team to follow, I don't give a flying **** about Bernie Ibini wearing a jets shirt at the best of times let alone when we have an owner going broke and no safety net of the FFA who had a vetted interest in keeping us afloat to fall back on. If we go under now, why would the other clubs give Mr Lee money to buy us back when they can just take the licence and sell it to another club like Canberra or Wollongong? What makes more sense financially in the short term when Covid has affected everyone so much this year and we almost lost our entire broadcasting deal??

I could be wrong and they care too much about our market, which obviously is large and has huge potential if we ever got some decent owners, to let us fold but I don't want to risk it over some mediocre forward who acts like a baby when things don't go his way.
    The thing i don't get with you on this topic is you always seem to come from the angle " why do we want to keep him here when clearly he wants out ". The rest of us are supporting the clubs stance to enforce a binding contract.

And as for your questions re coaching apps or chasing quacks certificates or conversing will Bernie's people. That is just rubbish, If Lawrie can't multi task and deal with all these issues simultaneously then he has no right calling himself a CEO. Comes with the title and remuneration.

Just as Devils advocate here.
    How do we feel about paying Ibini a salary to train/run laps and not play all season.
    Would you prefer to use the money on somebody else?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Just as Devils advocate here.
    How do we feel about paying Ibini a salary to train/run laps and not play all season.
    Would you prefer to use the money on somebody else?
    For me that is why i asked the question about him not showing at training. Whilst ever he had a Dr's chit or was showing at training we were obligated to pay the bloke but this latest news of him being absent could have changed that status quo to the point where we are now in a position to not have to pay him and still have the capacity to enforce him not being able to sign for another A League club.

So in answer to the question. I would like to see the monies spent on a proper #10, Without one we are screwed and Roy will be in for a very dry spell. Service to him will be so absent not even a thumbs up and a clap will we get from him. I have faith this is one of the key positions Griff was referring to recently when he said hopefully two imports can be brought in for the pointy end of the park.

I applaud the clubs stance and get a bit jack of seeing sportspeople play the misbehaving petulant card to remove themselves from legitimate contracts. All too often this shit happens whether it be Football, rugby league and AFL where players start misbehaving to get there own way like spoilt brats. They carry on like misbehaving children to force a clubs hand.

If Bernie did not have a exit clause based around a premature Robbo departure then he needs to take that up with his people and just harden the f%^k up and start doing what he is paid to do and where he signed that contract to do it.

Maybe we signed the wrong Ibini, The real Princess can play 90 mins
    Last edited by 380; 07-12-2020 at 12:19 AM.

He's not part of my plans for the season, regardless of whether he's paid.

For me that is why i asked the question about him not showing at training. Whilst ever he had a Dr's chit or was showing at training we were obligated to pay the bloke but this latest news of him being absent could have changed that status quo to the point where we are now in a position to not have to pay him and still have the capacity to enforce him not being able to sign for another A League club.

So in answer to the question. I would like to see the monies spent on a proper #10, Without one we are screwed and Roy will be in for a very dry spell. Service to him will be so absent not even a thumbs up and a clap will we get from him. I have faith this is one of the key positions Griff was referring to recently when he said hopefully two imports can be brought in for the pointy end of the park.

I applaud the clubs stance and get a bit jack of seeing sportspeople play the misbehaving petulant card to remove themselves from legitimate contracts. All too often this shit happens whether it be Football, rugby league and AFL where players start misbehaving to get there own way like spoilt brats. They carry on like misbehaving children to force a clubs hand.

If Bernie did not have a exit clause based around a premature Robbo departure then he needs to take that up with his people and just harden the f%^k up and start doing what he is paid to do and where he signed that contract to do it.

Maybe we signed the wrong Ibini, The real Princess can play 90 mins
    This, 100%

So, Saturday was reported a while back as the date new owners would be announced. Wonder if it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    So, Saturday was reported a while back as the date new owners would be announced. Wonder if it will happen.
    Well according to an interview the wanderers chairman (who seems to be a spokesperson for the new clubs run a-league) there are multiple consortiums/owners vying for our licence. Maybe Saturdays date was set for announcement and a final decision made during this week on which one to sell to.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    This, 100%
    So who is available as a 10

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    So who is available as a 10
    I don't see anybody in our squad at present who you would consider a walk up starting #10.

IMO plenty has been going on behind the scenes. Finer details of new investment and a couple of imports with the details of those imports being kept very close to managements chest. One of those being a genuine # 10 if you are to believe Griff just over a week ago when he spoke about needing two imports at the attacking end of the park

I'm hopeful or delusional.

I'm hopeful or delusional.
    Very fine line between the two as a Jets fan.