Page 32 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Gameiro on the cheap? backup for Roy?
    We don't have a lot of options centrally. Squad space is the issue from our end. His desire to play more than a back up could be barrier at his end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Joey for striker.
    Hoff stays upfield.
    Johnny K gets more game time.
    Ivan can plug holes.

Roy can have a few games off next year we still good.

Don't waste spots and cash on Gamerio.

Not sure if I have said it already but thanks to TurbojetfireV8 for his good work posting links here throughout the season

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Not sure if I have said it already but thanks to TurbojetfireV8 for his good work posting links here throughout the season
    I also appreciate TurbojetfireV* and their work. They've put in a terrific effort and publish articles links every day. It takes committment.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Joey for striker.
    Hoff stays upfield.
    Johnny K gets more game time.
    Ivan can plug holes.

Roy can have a few games off next year we still good.

Don't waste spots and cash on Gamerio.
    I don't think you can classify Joey as a back up striker. Being an attacking player who can score goals doesn't make you a striker.

We absolutely need a good young striker. But we shouldn't be looking for a back up, we should be looking for someone to fight Roy for a position.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post

We absolutely need a good young striker. But we shouldn't be looking for a back up, we should be looking for someone to fight Roy for a position.
    An argument can be made that Nabbout was just as effective up front this year as Roy was.

Wasting spots and cash on benchwarmers in case of a Roy injury/suspension takes us back to the BK/Biraz days.

Ernie ain't playing that game.

I tend to agree with LRO.. I think Nabbout did a fine job up front, and he did pick up the role well. I think when Joey has played up front he has really struggled, and with Nabbout gone I would definitely be up for having another player capable of stepping into Roy's shoes if needs be. Whether that's a backup striker or a winger who can play up top as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Thanks mate.

I really beleive that as well - you sit through the bad stuff and it makes you appreciate the good even more but never, ever do you leave them.

Coaches, Administrators and players will come and go - the fans are the one constant.

It was a nice story to do

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Thanks mate.

I really beleive that as well - you sit through the bad stuff and it makes you appreciate the good even more but never, ever do you leave them.

Coaches, Administrators and players will come and go - the fans are the one constant.

Never leave your team! I remember sitting there on a hot Sunday afternoon probably 6 years ago watching us lose to Perth Glory 4-0 and the crowd was maybe 4,000.

I have thought it many times over the year “why do I do this?” answer is always the same. I love this team and what else would I be doing?
    After 13 years as a member and 10 or so lean ones, I cannot explain this feeling! I’m not nervous yet as I still don’t quite believe it!

with only two roster spots left, getting a back-up striker is really dependent I feel on how you fill up the other attacking roles. Assuming we don't keep ronny and pato on, you've got Dimi & Roy as our two consistent starters in the front third. If you feel one of Hoff or Champness are capable of being starting XI from the jump, then you fill the other spot with a marquee and get a back-up striker who can fill in for roy. However, if you don't view them as starters and feel we need two more spots in the front, then you sign two starting wingers, maybe one of them can be a back-up striker if need me similar to nabbs, or you let one of hoff or champness try and be a striker

An argument can be made that Nabbout was just as effective up front this year as Roy was.
    And that arguement would be pretty successful but if im not mistaken Nabbout now plays in Japan and Champness is not Nabbout?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Thanks mate.

I tend to think of my relationship with the Jets as 'friends with benefits'.

When I'm in the mood for some, I give them a call and come over.
    If they are having 'that time of the season' then forget it, I've got better things to do.

Last Friday night was an awesome booty call.

And that arguement would be pretty successful but if im not mistaken Nabbout now plays in Japan and Champness is not Nabbout?
    Yeah but Nabbout wasnt Roy either and things worked out ok.

Does the club believe in that Thurgate dude?
    Never really seen him play, he might be all we need yeah?

Yeah but Nabbout wasnt Roy either and things worked out ok.
    Im confused!
    All i meant was being an attacking player doesnt make you a striker. Some guys can play wide and as a 9. Nabbout was excellent as both and thats a luxury. Champness doesnt seem as good centrally and so we do lack depth in there

Im confused!
    Joey became the new Nabbout when Nabbout became the new Roy who then became the new Nabbout making Nabbout the new Joey forcing Joey to become the new Hoffman who became the new Pato until Roy became the new Nabbout (who was the old Roy) pushing Nabbout back to being the new Joey who then became the new Nabbout (when he left for Japan) who can then become the new Roy unless Thurgate becomes the new Roy or if Roy remains the same Roy all season next year and we won't have to worry about any of it.

Hope that clears things up.

Yep , About as clear as our game plan under Jones. Sorry member but you know it to be true.

Banned
    Joey became the new Nabbout when Nabbout became the new Roy who then became the new Nabbout making Nabbout the new Joey forcing Joey to become the new Hoffman who became the new Pato until Roy became the new Nabbout (who was the old Roy) pushing Nabbout back to being the new Joey who then became the new Nabbout (when he left for Japan) who can then become the new Roy unless Thurgate becomes the new Roy or if Roy remains the same Roy all season next year and we won't have to worry about any of it.

Hope that clears things up.
    More importantly who is becoming the new Griffo??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    More importantly who is becoming the new Griffo??
    Roy to sackwhack a linesman, ref and VAR to totally ignore it as not caught on camera, the next gen comes of age...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...