Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 National Premier League thread

What is happening at Gypsy Land, 6-1 loss to Lakes !!

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    What is happening at Gypsy Land, 6-1 loss to Lakes !!
    Waiting for the Big V’s match report and some insight into Valo 😬

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    Waiting for the Big V’s match report and some insight into Valo ��
    I'm in hiding- it was really poor with 2 of our best players from the first few rounds on the bench for some reason. First half was just - wow
    Considering how well they played at Maitland and how unlucky they were at Olympic it was a fair old reality check
    Luckily we only play Jaffa's and Magic over next 2 weeks.
    Might have to focus on FFA cup

Quote Originally Posted by the big V View Post
    I'm in hiding- it was really poor with 2 of our best players from the first few rounds on the bench for some reason. First half was just - wow
    Considering how well they played at Maitland and how unlucky they were at Olympic it was a fair old reality check
    Considering the coach had an opportunity last year against a totally out of form Magic side to beat them in the cup quarter finals but played half his 20s team because he wanted to concentrate on the Premiership (that tactic worked well Valo miss the semis and played Magic back into form) I don’t know if that will be his focus.

Jets 1- 1 Maitland
    Olympic 1- 3 Edgeworth
    Adamstown 0- 3 Broadmeadow
    Charlestown 1-1 Weston
    Valentine 0- 4 Lambton

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Jets 1- 1 Maitland
    Olympic 1- 3 Edgeworth
    Charlestown 1-1 Weston
    Valentine 0- 4 Lambton
    Olympic 1- 2 Edgeworth
    Adamstown 2- 3 Broadmeadow
    Charlestown 3-0 Weston
    Valentine 1- 4 Lambton

Olympic 1- 4 Edgeworth
    Charlestown 3-0 Weston
    Valentine 1- 8 Lambton

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Considering the coach had an opportunity last year against a totally out of form Magic side to beat them in the cup quarter finals but played half his 20s team because he wanted to concentrate on the Premiership (that tactic worked well Valo miss the semis and played Magic back into form) I don’t know if that will be his focus.
    Remember that, poor decision at the time I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by the big V View Post
    The way they are traveling Dudley aren't going to be a given. The wheels have fallen of the gypsie caravan

Edgy 5- Olympic 1
    Magic 5- Buds 0
    Weston 3- Charlie 1
    Orange army 3- Jaffas 2
    Maitland 4 - jets 0

Heard the Jets Youth are once again fielding a 2nd string line up this weekend after players were used in the intraclub game yesterday? Once again disrespecting the local comp!
    I totally understand why they had the intraclub trial and thinks it's perfect for the Jets but not being able to have consistency in their starting sides in the NPL gives different teams an unfair advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Heard the Jets Youth are once again fielding a 2nd string line up this weekend after players were used in the intraclub game yesterday? Once again disrespecting the local comp!
    I totally understand why they had the intraclub trial and thinks it's perfect for the Jets but not being able to have consistency in their starting sides in the NPL gives different teams an unfair advantage.
    As a Maitland supporter I completely disagree with your comments. I think it was a brilliant move and the Jets should be applauded for it.

Maitland 1-0 over jets youth . Jets GK Noah James was out standing ,big talent

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Year after Year after Year this happens. Appreciate all teams have injuries etc. but it’s not 50%+ of the team. The Jets totally disrespect the competition. Clubs who play them towards the end of the comp will also be advantaged as players used in A League trail matches, FFA Cup etc.

I believe the Yoof went down 1 nil to a red-hot Maitland team. Jets not playing their top players have mainly u18s and even u16. Since they can't play in finals I'm not surprised they are trying to develop younger players. It looks to me that everyone got something out of this game. Pies get 3 points and Yoof continue to blood young talent. Win win!

Maitland 1 Jets 0
    Edgy 3 Olympic 2
    Magic 4 Adamstown 0
    Charlestown 2 Weston 1
    Jaffas 0 Valentine 0
    Olympic one win from five games and in All Sorts.
    Jaffas two points from a possible nine in the last three weeks. Giving Edgy and Charlestown an early lead in the race for the premiership

Tried to say earlier in pre season that Olympic were in all sorts but everyone took the piss !!!! Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Unowhoweare View Post
    Tried to say earlier in pre season that Olympic were in all sorts but everyone took the piss !!!! Hahaha
    Surely Guinno is under some sort of pressure already !!

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Surely Guinno is under some sort of pressure already !!
    If guinno is sacked early hypothetically, imagine how awkward his son would be rocking up to training?

There is no way i couldn have played under my Father. Nothing againest my Father of course lol.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    If guinno is sacked early hypothetically, imagine how awkward his son would be rocking up to training?

There is no way i couldn have played under my Father. Nothing againest my Father of course lol.
    His "Town" record has followed him, on another note, surely all players aren't happy either, especially the ones that have been used to winning.