Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1247

Thread: 2018 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlack View Post
    Ben Hay and Jake Bailey to Valentine on big $$$ deals
    You're 100% right. This is not about a challenge. This is about money and nothing else. Ben Hay at Jaffers this didn't win anything. He had a challenge already in place at Jaffers. The only reason to leave is for money.

In my opinion this will be a decision when he is older that he'll regret.

I've also heard that he is going on holidays next season and this extra money is for his holiday. Anyone one else heard this?

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    You're 100% right. This is not about a challenge. This is about money and nothing else. Ben Hay at Jaffers this didn't win anything. He had a challenge already in place at Jaffers. The only reason to leave is for money.

I've also heard that he is going on holidays next season and this extra money is for his holiday. Anyone one else heard this?
    who is Ben Hay ?

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    who is Ben Hay ?
    A central mifielder who came through the jets program. Played at Lambton for the past few years. Was in the team when Lambton won the GF last year. IMO one of the better midfielders in the comp.

Yes, just the other day before he signed

Who is coaching Valentine?

Quote Originally Posted by JettyJet View Post
    Who is coaching Valentine?
    Darren Sills, but your right “who”
    Valentine have under performed, finishing last this year, leaving them in a position were they have no option but to throw dollars around to try and save them
    Maybe should have offered the big bucks to a coach like Zane, then the players follow
    Maybe should have done that this year and had two years to put a plan in place
    Instead they did nothing in 2018 now have to scramble in 2019 to save themselves,

Agree with your comments 100%, I was being a bit cheeky with the challenge bit, I think it was Darren Sills way of saying we are paying shit loads

IMO Hay is one of the better players in the NPL full stop. But he has benifited from being at a strong club with experience around him, I think he will make a difference to Valentine, but hopefully not at cost of his own games development

Banned

So what if it is about the cash ??

Why woudnt a player in this comp look seriously at a good financial deal to play??

No different than the scores of players Maitland and Azzurri have enticed in the last 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So what if it is about the cash ??

Why woudnt a player in this comp look seriously at a good financial deal to play??

No different than the scores of players Maitland and Azzurri have enticed in the last 2 years
    Have to agree with this, it's all about the money, nothing against Benny Hay or any other player, you can only take what the club offers
    Let's be honest, new fm clubs are paying U19 players

The clubs could stop, but obviously don't and if they have the money, thru good management, good sponsors etc, then why shouldn't they be able to spend money to try and continue their success
    Valentine are a big club, seem to have quite a few sponsors, large junior base, from a clubs perspective it's important they stay in the top grade, so spend, they have to compete

Spending money you don't have........well that's a different story

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    Have to agree with this, it's all about the money, nothing against Benny Hay or any other player, you can only take what the club offers
    Let's be honest, new fm clubs are paying U19 players

The clubs could stop, but obviously don't and if they have the money, thru good management, good sponsors etc, then why shouldn't they be able to spend money to try and continue their success
    Valentine are a big club, seem to have quite a few sponsors, large junior base, from a clubs perspective it's important they stay in the top grade, so spend, they have to compete

Spending money you don't have........well that's a different story

Who pays there U19's? Surely not in any competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Darren Sills, but your right “who”
    Valentine have under performed, finishing last this year, leaving them in a position were they have no option but to throw dollars around to try and save them
    Maybe should have offered the big bucks to a coach like Zane, then the players follow
    Maybe should have done that this year and had two years to put a plan in place
    Instead they did nothing in 2018 now have to scramble in 2019 to save themselves,
    I only asked because normally players will come for cash and who the coach is, or going to be.

I only asked because normally players will come for cash and who the coach is, or going to be.
    Didn't the article say Co-coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Didn't the article say Co-coach?
    Darren Sills and Sam Griffin as co coaches. Nothing has changed bar the title.
    Griffin has been there for a few years as assistant coach to Sills but now he is a co - coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlack View Post
    Darren Sills and Sam Griffin as co coaches. Nothing has changed bar the title.
    Griffin has been there for a few years as assistant coach to Sills but now he is a co - coach.
    Oh the old co-coaches..... Generally two people putting in 70% effort does not equal 100%..

Oh the old co-coaches..... Generally two people putting in 70% effort does not equal 100%..
    This is a great obersavtion.

And it certainly doesn't match Zane's 120%.

NNSW not letting on what’s happening until end of 2019 season.
    Massive mistake and no transparency.

What are the benefits for not being transparent?

Make it public and known what is needed, what needs to be improved, what simply isn’t good enough.

Aim is for maximum 14 teams in 1 NPL And minimum of 8.

It gives clubs very little time when it comes to signing players, sponsors etc etc if you happen to get promoted

Zane appears to be doing something right, looking at results.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

Make it public and known what is needed, what needs to be improved, what simply isn’t good enough.

This is a farce if it's true. The make up of the 2020 competition should be announced before the 2019 kicks off to give clubs 12 months to prepare.
    Another example of Northern being out of touch with the clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

NNSW truly are pathetic