Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1247

Thread: 2018 National Premier League thread

In the Herald
    Daniel Fabrizio from Canberra to Edgeworth
    Brock Oakley from Weston to Valentine in a straight swap for Zac Sneddon

I saw on Olympics Facebook page that they are back into pre season training already.
    Have any other clubs already started as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlack View Post
    I saw on Olympics Facebook page that they are back into pre season training already.
    Have any other clubs already started as well ?
    Buds have been back since last week.

so are valo and edgy

What's people's thoughts on the number of younger prospects leaving NPL and signing with New FM clubs
    From what I've seen New Lambton, West Wallsend, South Cardiff, Stags & Bel Swans have all signed young 20 and under from NPL clubs for 2019 season

Bel swans signed CCB U20 players player
    So it's not like these kids are washed up
    Some real prospects
    Personally I'm dissapointed
    I always like to see the best players in the best comp
    So why are they leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    What's people's thoughts on the number of younger prospects leaving NPL and signing with New FM clubs
    From what I've seen New Lambton, West Wallsend, South Cardiff, Stags & Bel Swans have all signed young 20 and under from NPL clubs for 2019 season

Some real prospects
    So why are they leaving
    Lack of opportunity at first grade level is probably a tiny factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Because Northern have stuffed the competition up with making 20's the underpinning grade to first grade.
    There should be a reserve grade or take the age back up to 23's like it was a few years ago.
    The 20's comp is that far behond first grade it's laughable. A lot of these players could potentially end up being first grade players , but not every kid is physically or emotionally ready to be playing first grade at the age of 20.
    But if they aren't clubs have to move them on or try and keep them as an overage player.
    Then i think the problem is that some of these kids don't want to be playing 20's once they turn 21 or 22. I know this was one of the reasons that every single club voted against dropping the age back to 20's, but yet again Northern paid zero attention to the requests of their member clubs

Some real prospects
    So why are they leaving
    Because thay aren't good enough! deeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Because thay aren't good enough! deeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhh
    beg to differ
    the few signed by Belswans, Stags are quality. The Eagles signing an ex jets youth player from Jaffas- not good enough. really
    Have a look at some of the crap playing in 18's,20's and 1sts. all in because parents on committees, bbq duties, sponsors the list goes on. Politics people politics
    We will se next year, how there fair!

Because Northern have stuffed the competition up with making 20's the underpinning grade to first grade.
    There should be a reserve grade or take the age back up to 23's like it was a few years ago.
    The 20's comp is that far behond first grade it's laughable. A lot of these players could potentially end up being first grade players , but not every kid is physically or emotionally ready to be playing first grade at the age of 20.
    But if they aren't clubs have to move them on or try and keep them as an overage player.
    Then i think the problem is that some of these kids don't want to be playing 20's once they turn 21 or 22. I know this was one of the reasons that every single club voted against dropping the age back to 20's, but yet again Northern paid zero attention to the requests of their member clubs
    Nothing to do with northern, it was an FFA instruction, they only implemented it, clubs were asked of their thoughts so it could be passed on to FFA

Some real prospects
    So why are they leaving
    Maybe money, ive heard, not confirmed so purely speculation that one player has gone to NPL1 for a reasonable sum.
    No names, won’t repeat the $$ I heard but if true it’s understandable
    Let’s face it these kids aren’t gonna be A leaguers so why not take it if it’s on offer.

Not a bad thing at all. Not quite ready for NPL, go back to newfm and refine skills in what will end up being a competitive comp.

Banned
    That is an absolute crock of shit sulk

This is first grade football

You are meant to earn your spot

Reality is if you aint getting to the required level at 20 you are long odds to get there

If you are goona get there after 20 go back to 2nd division and get your game in order etc

No ribbons for participation shit here

Any trial games coming up???

Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    Any trial games coming up???
    Weston play Hamilton this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Weston play Hamilton this weekend
    Woopee F ing dooooo

Woopee F ing dooooo
    Seems like an overreaction.

Woopee F ing dooooo
    Totally agree. Not sure what benefit trials will have this early on

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Totally agree. Not sure what benefit trials will have this early on
    I would think getting to see who is committed, what new players are around and having them start to fit in with the rest of the team is very important. Certainly a long wait otherwise between matches.

Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    I would think getting to see who is committed, what new players are around and having them start to fit in with the rest of the team is very important. Certainly a long wait otherwise between matches.
    There are tons of reasons

Trialing new players that are not from the NNSW NPL
    Working on new systems, philosophies of play, tactics
    Working out what formation suits the group of players you have and where new recruitments fit in
    See where the player in relation to their physical condition.
    Seeing how other teams are developing.
    With the pre-season now only roughly 70 days (shorter next year than this year) once we are into the new year it doesn't leave a lot of time. You don't want to smash players who haven't done much in the off-season in a rushed preparation.
    Help integrate youth players into the first team.

I mean there are tons of them. Everyone puts forth ideas of making the comp more professional and then when a team does tries to improve themselves they a shot down. We love to shoot down people or organisations trying to improve themselves in this country.

Arguments could be made for both sides. But I don't think anyone can argue with the fact if you want to do well in this short comp you have to start training this side of Christmas. A 7-week pre-season with the amount off-season time is not long enough.