Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 1247

Thread: 2018 National Premier League thread

  1. #861
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    What intrigues me now is why Magic are “90% likely” to appeal.
    A) he was found guilty, rightly or wrongly, based on he said/she said
    B) the more “concrete” evidence of the video wasn’t used.
    C) the appeal is $1000 and could result in more games
    D) they can use the video. Which I don’t think will help him considering they found him guilty in the first place. And it doesn’t exactly show him not spitting in that direction.

    Who knows.
    Maybe he directed it at the feet of the opposition (still not a very good thing to do) but at least that’s better than “at the player”. Idk. If you’re scummy enough to spit at somebody, I feel like you get a better shot off, rather than aiming for the feet.

    And there doesn’t look to be any provocation. Wasn’t the player who tripped him and certainly doesn’t appear he said anything. Seems odd to go up to somebody unsuspecting and spit on them.

    Anyway. Hopefully they get it over and done with so we can focus on the football and finals race.
    Again, look at the vision, he doesn't spit on him !!

  2. #862
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Again, look at the vision, he doesn't spit on him !!
    Everyone in football in Newcastle who is not aligned with Magic knows that he spat on the kid. Put your hand up and cop your punishment. If they appeal i hope he gets the extra week.

  3. #863
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Again, look at the vision, he doesn't spit on him !!
    Just viewed the footage again and you are correct Alton, he doesn't spit on him at worst on the ground but even that isn't conclusive. If the allegation is that OX spat on the player then I think with video footage allowed in an appeal OX may get off.

  4. #864
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,288
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlack View Post
    Everyone in football in Newcastle who is not aligned with Magic knows that he spat on the kid. Put your hand up and cop your punishment. If they appeal i hope he gets the extra week.
    This.

  5. #865
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,203
    I’m not really swayed either way.

    If you view it thinking he spat at the player, you can make an argument for that.
    If you think he didn’t, you can make an argument for that.

    Is it 100% conclusive? No.

  6. #866
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Again, look at the vision, he doesn't spit on him !!
    The offense isn't spitting on a player, the offense is spitting at a player, carrying a 6 match ban when dealt with on the pitch. He was accused of spitting at a player.

    If he didn't spit at the player, what did he do, as video clearly shows an action?

  7. #867
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Maradona View Post
    The offense isn't spitting on a player, the offense is spitting at a player, carrying a 6 match ban when dealt with on the pitch. He was accused of spitting at a player.

    If he didn't spit at the player, what did he do, as video clearly shows an action?
    Surley if he didnt spit then although the vision wasnt seen at the hearing surley he explained what he did do, becuase he definetly made a movement towards the player and the player and the other nearest player instantly react and make a report to the referee. So something must of happen anyone that doesnt except that is a fool. The footage along with the immediate report of the allegation is UNDEFENADABLE and emabarrasing to the Magic football club if they choose to appeal it.

  8. #868
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Surley if he didnt spit then although the vision wasnt seen at the hearing surley he explained what he did do, becuase he definetly made a movement towards the player and the player and the other nearest player instantly react and make a report to the referee. So something must of happen anyone that doesnt except that is a fool. The footage along with the immediate report of the allegation is UNDEFENADABLE and emabarrasing to the Magic football club if they choose to appeal it.
    Two things
    1. If it is undefendable surely that's what an appeal will conclude
    2. An appeal is also the opportunity to achieve a different outcome if you feel you weren't justly served
    Let the judicial system system sort this out

  9. #869
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Surley if he didnt spit then although the vision wasnt seen at the hearing surley he explained what he did do, becuase he definetly made a movement towards the player and the player and the other nearest player instantly react and make a report to the referee. So something must of happen anyone that doesnt except that is a fool. The footage along with the immediate report of the allegation is UNDEFENADABLE and emabarrasing to the Magic football club if they choose to appeal it.
    dontknowmuch sure donít know much

  10. #870
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,873
    Footage is turning into the NF.net version of the Zapruder film.

  11. #871
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Again, look at the vision, he doesn't spit on him !!
    Straight from FFA Disciplanary Regulations
    7. Spitting at a Player or any other person other than a Match Official
    5 additional matches plus the Mandatory Match Suspension
    He doesnít have to spit on him as you may have correctly pointed out as it canít be conclusively determined where the spit landed.
    He only has to spit at him and a panel upon viewing the video would conclusively conclude this occurred.
    Guilty.

  12. #872
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,288
    For a player who has made a career out of being a HAL replacement of sorts he should know better and if he or his supporters claim he didn't spit on him IMO i reckon that is down to his poor aim of the target than anything else, Like his passing.

  13. #873
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Straight from FFA Disciplanary Regulations
    7. Spitting at a Player or any other person other than a Match Official
    5 additional matches plus the Mandatory Match Suspension
    He doesn’t have to spit on him as you may have correctly pointed out as it can’t be conclusively determined where the spit landed.
    He only has to spit at him and a panel upon viewing the video would conclusively conclude this occurred.
    Guilty.
    But here is the first problem with your statement about a panel viewing it

    Northern have been on record that no BarTV footage would be used for disciplinary matters

    So if it has been used here or the panel have viewed it privately even just following it in the media then there is Magics get out of gaol card there
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  14. #874
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    But here is the first problem with your statement about a panel viewing it

    Northern have been on record that no BarTV footage would be used for disciplinary matters

    So if it has been used here or the panel have viewed it privately even just following it in the media then there is Magics get out of gaol card there
    Iím referring to the appeal hearing where it can be used. No get out of jail Card there.

  15. #875
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Iím referring to the appeal hearing where it can be used. No get out of jail Card there.
    Wasn't there games on the weekend? This loogie has taken up more airtime than when JFK got shot. Grub, but move on I say...

  16. #876
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    153
    Olympic V Jaffas one the better games I have watched this year. Will be an interesting few weeks results wise.

  17. #877
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Rappin' Ronnie Reagan View Post
    Wasn't there games on the weekend? This loogie has taken up more airtime than when JFK got shot. Grub, but move on I say...
    Looks like #SpittleGate will role on for another week https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...ocess/?cs=6188

  18. #878
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    540
    Classy hatrick from the old horse Johnny Maj last night! Perfect time to get in a good run of form before the derby game this Sunday!
    It's football, not s***er!!

  19. #879
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    931
    In 2016, Maitland player Ryan Clarke won his appeal to FFA against a NNSWF code of conduct suspension purely on legal grounds relating to judiciary procedure.
    Different set of circumstances but one would think Northern are competent enough (pipe dream) to have tightened up their procedure to ensure they won't get done for this again.

  20. #880
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    175
    Was told today by someone connected with Charlestown club that Ned has been given 12 month ban by the club. This true Go Away?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •