Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1247

Thread: 2018 National Premier League thread

😅 😅

So much cringe from this tyler warren bloke

Good night at the grand final. And agree with MFKS it should have been an afternoon game today. Although it was abit cool all day and night there.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Not that big really

Should be on a Sunday arvo

Magic coasting at 2-0 after 74 mins though
    Most one sided GF I have watched in a long time, Magic a class above Edgeworth. Congrats to Edgeworth for winning the premiership and making it to GF day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Most one sided GF I have watched in a long time, Magic a class above Edgeworth. Congrats to Edgeworth for winning the premiership and making it to GF day.
    I agree. I bet Edgeowrth are really dissappointed with their performance.

Anyone else feel like Zane's choice of making some pretty big changes of Wheeler into the 6, Dom B back to left back and Josh Rose next to Josh Evans was a bizzar and costly mistake? I know hindsight is 20/20. I thought Wheeler was really average when playing midfield this year. Dom B in midfield is a brilliant ball winner though average ball player against the stronger teams. I thought if they could have kept things largely the same they may have been better off as the team is used to their strengths and weakness and can adjust accordinagly.

Zane said in the minterview after the game that they didn't defend well, i wonder if the changes above were a major cause of that?

On the other hand Rubens tactics were fantastic. Shane paul at left back really caught me by surprise and he did well. Obviously losing John G last to a red card was not ideal. But a minimal change to the playing personnel worked wonders i thought.

Still have no idea why Edgeworth never changed anything, unless he made subtle changes.

Also Edgy may have played their GF last weekend in what was one of the best matches in the State league/NPL history surely?
    Last edited by immersion; 10-09-2018 at 01:30 PM.

NNSW claim they lost $25,000 on GF day.

That’s a lot of money that could be better spent.

1. They need NPL grand final to be the ultimate day in Newcastle football. All comps should be done by the Sunday afternoon 1st Grade kick off.

2. Sunday, daytime. Allow people to make a day of it. Allow teams to use it as an end of season day. Can they bend the rules a little and allow marquees on the hills? I get this is determined by stadium control, but worth a shot.

3. Offer 2 for 1 or discounted combination deals for NEW FM and NPL finals. Get out to ZPL and all age and increase awareness of the NPL. I think the concept is perhaps a little lost on a lot of casual players, especially in interdistrict comps.

4. Do we explore splitting comps?
    18s -9:30 KO
    20s 11:30 KO
    First grade NEWFM: 1:30KO
    First Grade NPL: 4pm KO
    At the stadium.

Could also plan to have Other New FM grades at Magic Park in the Morning and finishing before 1pm. To allow everyone to get over to the Stadium for first Grade.

I’d like to see them try something different and try to make it work.
    It has potential to be a great occasion. And atm it’s being let down by lack of numbers and atmosphere.

Are there any grand finals left in any grades or even juniors left to watch this weekend?

I don’t think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedymetric View Post
    Are there any grand finals left in any grades or even juniors left to watch this weekend?
    All npl youth grand finals are on this Saturday at Magic park. First game kicks off at 9.45am

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlack View Post
    All npl youth grand finals are on this Saturday at Magic park. First game kicks off at 9.45am
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Speedymetric View Post
    Thank you
    Spent a couple of hours at Darling Street oval last weekend watching NPL YOUTH games and WOW how good are some of those young boys, I think it will be worth a trip to Magic Park on Saturday to watch the grand finals.

Any news on player movements, Jaffas apparently have two former A-League players heading their way. Looks like Pascoe is setting up an A-League retirement village.

Spent a couple of hours at Darling Street oval last weekend watching NPL YOUTH games and WOW how good are some of those young boys, I think it will be worth a trip to Magic Park on Saturday to watch the grand finals.
    Can't be bothered Stan, too long a season !!

Any news on player movements, Jaffas apparently have two former A-League players heading their way. Looks like Pascoe is setting up an A-League retirement village.
    He was the first applicant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    NNSW claim they lost $25,000 on GF day.

That’s a lot of money that could be better spent.

1. They need NPL grand final to be the ultimate day in Newcastle football. All comps should be done by the Sunday afternoon 1st Grade kick off.

2. Sunday, daytime. Allow people to make a day of it. Allow teams to use it as an end of season day. Can they bend the rules a little and allow marquees on the hills? I get this is determined by stadium control, but worth a shot.

3. Offer 2 for 1 or discounted combination deals for NEW FM and NPL finals. Get out to ZPL and all age and increase awareness of the NPL. I think the concept is perhaps a little lost on a lot of casual players, especially in interdistrict comps.

4. Do we explore splitting comps?
    18s -9:30 KO
    20s 11:30 KO
    First grade NEWFM: 1:30KO
    First Grade NPL: 4pm KO
    At the stadium.

Could also plan to have Other New FM grades at Magic Park in the Morning and finishing before 1pm. To allow everyone to get over to the Stadium for first Grade.

I’d like to see them try something different and try to make it work.
    It has potential to be a great occasion. And atm it’s being let down by lack of numbers and atmosphere.
    NPL Grand Final needs to be a stand alone fixture, Maybe have the WNPL Final as a curtian raiser but that's it.

New FM, Zone Leagues, NPL youth, NPL U,18s/U20s WNPL youth, All Age, O35s and Junior Football should all be finished the weekend before. Make sure no clubs organize presentation days or club functions on the same weekend.

Stand alone weekend with a NPL & WNPL double header grand final with no other football commitments.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    He was the first applicant.
    hahaha this guy

Who are the players?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Who are the players?
    Durante was one named mentioned

Apparently yesterday was retirement day for players in the Jets academy that are no longer wanted. Any news on what clubs are picking up the dregs?

Just reading about the triple header finals the Victorian comp are having this weekend. With the NPL final, women’s final and the Promotion/relegation playoff all being played at aami Park on the same day. Surely someone from northern can see this and think maybe that’s what we should do so they ain’t losing money hand over fist like they have for the past few s Adonis with our GF and they way it is set up. How is it we are not learning from the comps that are clearly miles ahead on the way they are run.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Just reading about the triple header finals the Victorian comp are having this weekend. With the NPL final, women’s final and the Promotion/relegation playoff all being played at aami Park on the same day. Surely someone from northern can see this and think maybe that’s what we should do so they ain’t losing money hand over fist like they have for the past few s Adonis with our GF and they way it is set up. How is it we are not learning from the comps that are clearly miles ahead on the way they are run.
    Agreed.

They should also consider the fact all the other major comps play more matches too.

VIC: 26 matches
    QLD: 26 matches
    NSW: 22 matches

I would think they should be considering cutting back to 10 teams and going 3 rounds. I understand there would be more work at the admin level. Though more football would leave almost everyone happy i'd think?

This could be the reason why players are leaving NNSW to venture off to other comps. More matches better chance to improve. More matches will also get the players more money. Plus of course the other comps pay more.

The NNSW off season for players is extrmely long.

What are other peoples thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
    Apparently yesterday was retirement day for players in the Jets academy that are no longer wanted. Any news on what clubs are picking up the dregs?
    Those players will be very popular in the NPL. They are worth 0 points on your roster. Attractive to a club (and probably $$)