Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    What intrigues me now is why Magic are “90% likely” to appeal.
    A) he was found guilty, rightly or wrongly, based on he said/she said
    B) the more “concrete” evidence of the video wasn’t used.
    C) the appeal is $1000 and could result in more games
    D) they can use the video. Which I don’t think will help him considering they found him guilty in the first place. And it doesn’t exactly show him not spitting in that direction.

Who knows.
    Maybe he directed it at the feet of the opposition (still not a very good thing to do) but at least that’s better than “at the player”. Idk. If you’re scummy enough to spit at somebody, I feel like you get a better shot off, rather than aiming for the feet.

And there doesn’t look to be any provocation. Wasn’t the player who tripped him and certainly doesn’t appear he said anything. Seems odd to go up to somebody unsuspecting and spit on them.

Anyway. Hopefully they get it over and done with so we can focus on the football and finals race.
    Again, look at the vision, he doesn't spit on him !!

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Everyone in football in Newcastle who is not aligned with Magic knows that he spat on the kid. Put your hand up and cop your punishment. If they appeal i hope he gets the extra week.

Just viewed the footage again and you are correct Alton, he doesn't spit on him at worst on the ground but even that isn't conclusive. If the allegation is that OX spat on the player then I think with video footage allowed in an appeal OX may get off.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlack View Post
    Everyone in football in Newcastle who is not aligned with Magic knows that he spat on the kid. Put your hand up and cop your punishment. If they appeal i hope he gets the extra week.
    This.

I’m not really swayed either way.

If you view it thinking he spat at the player, you can make an argument for that.
    If you think he didn’t, you can make an argument for that.

Is it 100% conclusive? No.

The offense isn't spitting on a player, the offense is spitting at a player, carrying a 6 match ban when dealt with on the pitch. He was accused of spitting at a player.

If he didn't spit at the player, what did he do, as video clearly shows an action?

Quote Originally Posted by Not Maradona View Post
    The offense isn't spitting on a player, the offense is spitting at a player, carrying a 6 match ban when dealt with on the pitch. He was accused of spitting at a player.

If he didn't spit at the player, what did he do, as video clearly shows an action?
    Surley if he didnt spit then although the vision wasnt seen at the hearing surley he explained what he did do, becuase he definetly made a movement towards the player and the player and the other nearest player instantly react and make a report to the referee. So something must of happen anyone that doesnt except that is a fool. The footage along with the immediate report of the allegation is UNDEFENADABLE and emabarrasing to the Magic football club if they choose to appeal it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Surley if he didnt spit then although the vision wasnt seen at the hearing surley he explained what he did do, becuase he definetly made a movement towards the player and the player and the other nearest player instantly react and make a report to the referee. So something must of happen anyone that doesnt except that is a fool. The footage along with the immediate report of the allegation is UNDEFENADABLE and emabarrasing to the Magic football club if they choose to appeal it.
    Two things
    1. If it is undefendable surely that's what an appeal will conclude
    2. An appeal is also the opportunity to achieve a different outcome if you feel you weren't justly served
    Let the judicial system system sort this out

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    dontknowmuch sure don’t know much

Footage is turning into the NF.net version of the Zapruder film.

Straight from FFA Disciplanary Regulations
    7. Spitting at a Player or any other person other than a Match Official
    5 additional matches plus the Mandatory Match Suspension
    He doesn’t have to spit on him as you may have correctly pointed out as it can’t be conclusively determined where the spit landed.
    He only has to spit at him and a panel upon viewing the video would conclusively conclude this occurred.
    Guilty.

For a player who has made a career out of being a HAL replacement of sorts he should know better and if he or his supporters claim he didn't spit on him IMO i reckon that is down to his poor aim of the target than anything else, Like his passing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Straight from FFA Disciplanary Regulations
    7. Spitting at a Player or any other person other than a Match Official
    5 additional matches plus the Mandatory Match Suspension
    He doesn’t have to spit on him as you may have correctly pointed out as it can’t be conclusively determined where the spit landed.
    He only has to spit at him and a panel upon viewing the video would conclusively conclude this occurred.
    Guilty.
    But here is the first problem with your statement about a panel viewing it

Northern have been on record that no BarTV footage would be used for disciplinary matters

So if it has been used here or the panel have viewed it privately even just following it in the media then there is Magics get out of gaol card there

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    But here is the first problem with your statement about a panel viewing it

Northern have been on record that no BarTV footage would be used for disciplinary matters

So if it has been used here or the panel have viewed it privately even just following it in the media then there is Magics get out of gaol card there
    I’m referring to the appeal hearing where it can be used. No get out of jail Card there.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    I’m referring to the appeal hearing where it can be used. No get out of jail Card there.
    Wasn't there games on the weekend? This loogie has taken up more airtime than when JFK got shot. Grub, but move on I say...

Olympic V Jaffas one the better games I have watched this year. Will be an interesting few weeks results wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rappin' Ronnie Reagan View Post
    Wasn't there games on the weekend? This loogie has taken up more airtime than when JFK got shot. Grub, but move on I say...
    Looks like #SpittleGate will role on for another week https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...ocess/?cs=6188

Classy hatrick from the old horse Johnny Maj last night! Perfect time to get in a good run of form before the derby game this Sunday!
    It's football, not s***er!!

In 2016, Maitland player Ryan Clarke won his appeal to FFA against a NNSWF code of conduct suspension purely on legal grounds relating to judiciary procedure.
    Different set of circumstances but one would think Northern are competent enough (pipe dream) to have tightened up their procedure to ensure they won't get done for this again.

Was told today by someone connected with Charlestown club that Ned has been given 12 month ban by the club. This true Go Away?