Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    His "Town" record has followed him, on another note, surely all players aren't happy either, especially the ones that have been used to winning.
    Alton, you provide an interesting observation
    2017 - Adamstown, 5 wins from 20 games, not sure how many were under McGuinness but I do believe Nick Webb went on a run of wins after taking over
    2018 - Hamilton, 1 win from 6 games

As coaching records go, not that impressive, it will be interesting to see what player movements happen in the next transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Alton, you provide an interesting observation
    2017 - Adamstown, 5 wins from 20 games, not sure how many were under McGuinness but I do believe Nick Webb went on a run of wins after taking over
    2018 - Hamilton, 1 win from 6 games

As coaching records go, not that impressive, it will be interesting to see what player movements happen in the next transfer window.
    McGuiness only had 1 win in 12 games at Adamstown last year i believe before he was replaced by Nick Webb who won 4 from 8. I could be wrong about the amount of games both were in charge but the win column in correct

Lets get the facts straight. Only 5 games so far for Olympic. 1 win 1 draw and 3 losses all by 1 goal. Not a great record, but given the massive loss of senior players and need to rebuild from scratch, a little latitude before the vultures start circling would be appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
    Lets get the facts straight. Only 5 games so far for Olympic. 1 win 1 draw and 3 losses all by 1 goal. Not a great record, but given the massive loss of senior players and need to rebuild from scratch, a little latitude before the vultures start circling would be appropriate.
    I agree. Give the coach some latitude it has only been 5 games.
    But i don't agree with the rest. Rebuild from scratch ? The club were club champions last year. Both 18s and 20s played in the grand final and first grade fell one game short. Why would there need to be a rebuild.
    As for the massive of senior players , this was facilitated by the club and coach. The coach signed the squad wanted and released the older players not in his plans.
    He has assembled his squad so at least give him time to get results before everyone calls for his head

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlack View Post
    But i don't agree with the rest. Rebuild from scratch ? The club were club champions last year. Both 18s and 20s played in the grand final and first grade fell one game short. Why would there need to be a rebuild.
    As for the massive of senior players , this was facilitated by the club and coach. The coach signed the squad wanted and released the older players not in his plans.
    He has assembled his squad so at least give him time to get results before everyone calls for his head
    Released goodchild and smith, 2 of the best strikers in the comp. I’ll take your word for it 😳

Released goodchild and smith, 2 of the best strikers in the comp. I’ll take your word for it 😳
    Last edited by Blueboy; 23-04-2018 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Spelling

Bit Like Lambton being in a rebuilding year according to coach Jimmy- did anyone see the bench they had against Valentine yesterday- wow

Adamstown are a club rebuilding not Olympic
    Last edited by the big V; 23-04-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the big V View Post
    Bit Like Lambton being in a rebuilding year according to coach Jimmy- did anyone see the bench they had against Valentine yesterday- wow

Adamstown are a club rebuilding not Olympic
    No questions Adamstown are rebuilding. No way the jaffers are in a rebuilding year. I think any coach in the league would love their playing roster. They just couldn't get the job done against A'town and Valentine.

And Valentine are not in rebuilding phase, they are probably trying to build upon last year which will be difficult.

I also think Hamilton have a very good squad and their performances this year are not up to scratch. Guinno should have realised they need a striker desperately after 2 consistent goal scorers left.

Olympic rebuilding? Surely this is not a serious comment.

Heard they lost over 25 players across last years senior playing roster. That would have to involve a lot of rebuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
    Heard they lost over 25 players across last years senior playing roster. That would have to involve a lot of rebuilding.
    30 players out of 50 listed in Olympic 18s 20s and 1st grade last year are no longer playing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Y Bloo? View Post
    30 players out of 50 listed in Olympic 18s 20s and 1st grade last year are no longer playing there.
    Didn't realise it was that many , did they choose to leave the club or were they not required ?
    Club champions last season , best 18s and 20s squads by a fair bit so why have so many left the club

Didn't realise it was that many , did they choose to leave the club or were they not required ?
    Club champions last season , best 18s and 20s squads by a fair bit so why have so many left the club
    The former coach has a loooooooooong history of taking players club to club, it was always going to happen, can anyone out there list the clubs?

The former coach has a loooooooooong history of taking players club to club, it was always going to happen, can anyone out there list the clubs?
    Wasn't he at Olympic for the last 8 to 10 years ? At Maitland and has taken Swan brothers, Grant Brown and Louis Townsend. That's 4 players out of 30 that left. Probably not the former coaches fault going on those numbers Alton.

Wasn't he at Olympic for the last 8 to 10 years ? At Maitland and has taken Swan brothers, Grant Brown and Louis Townsend. That's 4 players out of 30 that left. Probably not the former coaches fault going on those numbers Alton.
    I am saying he has a history of taking players when he moves on, Olympic surely knew this and should've been on the ball

I am saying he has a history of taking players when he moves on, Olympic surely knew this and should've been on the ball
    No, you were throwing shade at him. Grant Brown only ended up there when things didn't work out at Azzurri, The Swans were not required at Olympic and the other kid left when he was squeezed out of the pecking order at Olympic. Hardly a pied piper scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    No, you were throwing shade at him. Grant Brown only ended up there when things didn't work out at Azzurri, The Swans were not required at Olympic and the other kid left when he was squeezed out of the pecking order at Olympic. Hardly a pied piper scenario.
    From the outside the previous Olympic Coach didn't do a lot wrong did he when he left. Its not like he took the squad with him , his best players went back to Charlie and I agree with your comments on the 4 that did end with him??
    Don't know his history much as he was always at Olympic sinse I've been watching- but,wasn't he sacked / replaced or whatever anyway by Olympic?

surely when 30 plus players leave he must have had a fair bit of loyalty there so maybe the Olympic preparation for his departure should have been to talk to a few players first before they moved him on?

There is plenty of chatter that a few more are not happy and I am sure if a few of them want a gig in orange they would be more than welcomed

Did Jaffa's sign Brayden Crowley today??- he was at game on weekend and that's the whisper- far out they are almost the 11th A league side - guess they have to do something with that squad they have to be more competitive with the likes of Adamstown and the Big V.......

They must be spending almost $200k on that squad

Yeah
    Reports that they’re talking to Jade North too

Also hearing (rumour) Josh Rose from CCM to Edgeworth.