Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Might be time for one of the elder statesmen to move on, keep your ears to the ground
    Pascoe or a player?

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    I agree. Other than a recognised striker they have a pretty good squad.

I don't think M Bolch is complaining at this very moment. He got sacked at Olympic for a pretty decent job most would say. Unlucky not to win a title or two while at an Olympic, he just ran into a good Edgeworth side. Bolch has had to bring in players albeit some from Olympic, though some have pointed out they weren't wanted by the club anyway.

So one might say Maitland are doing pretty well with some Olympic rejects? I also think Maitland are short of an out and out striker too.

Mcguiness's reputation is up on a high peddle stool, when do we start to say he has massively underachieved over the past 2 years?
    3 wins on the trot, the McGuiness noose has loosened, Cansdell-Sheriff has won a reprieve, also with 3 wins (FFA cup and 2 big NPL scalps), Pascoe and Sills must be feeling the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Pascoe or a player?
    Any merit to this or just rumour?

Who will CCB chase as replacements for Goody and McNaughton? Surely there is no one left ?

Surely they are out of $$$$-

McNaughton will be a massive loss, he was outstanding

Pascoe or a player?
    Player, just a hunch

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Player, just a hunch
    Care to have a crack with a name regarding your hunch?

You can't start a joke and never tell the punch line .

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Care to have a crack with a name regarding your hunch?

You can't start a joke and never tell the punch line .
    Patience, may or may not happen

Banned
    Edgy 2 Lakes 0
    Bizarri and Byrnes

20s Edgy 3-0
    18s Lakes 1-0

Maitland 0-3 Jaffas at half time.

Maitland have absolutely nothing up front. They’ll be lucky to pull one back.

Banned
    Magic 4-2

No Oxborrow either

20s Olympic 2-1
    18s Olympic 10-1

Yes 10 and no one got sent until the 9th was well in

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Maitland 0-3 Jaffas at half time.

Maitland have absolutely nothing up front. They’ll be lucky to pull one back.
    I jinxed the Jaffas clean sheet but it still finished Maitland 2-3 Jaffas. On a side note, Matt Thompson and the Maitland keeper need ****ing muzzles. The first because he’s one of the most disrespectful players towards the ref I’ve heard in a while and for the keeper because he doesn’t stop screaming at his players for the entire game.

Banned
    I jinxed the Jaffas clean sheet but it still finished Maitland 2-3 Jaffas. On a side note, Matt Thompson and the Maitland keeper need ****ing muzzles. The first because he’s one of the most disrespectful players towards the ref I’ve heard in a while and for the keeper because he doesn’t stop screaming at his players for the entire game.
    Didnt their keeper play for the Gypos??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Didnt their keeper play for the Gypos??
    Trott? No wonder he’s used to yelling at his teammates. Was ****ing annoying though and no doubt the players tune it out most of the time. When they aren’t they’re too busy turning around to figure out what he’s talking about and not focusing on the game.

Trott? No wonder he’s used to yelling at his teammates. Was ****ing annoying though and no doubt the players tune it out most of the time. When they aren’t they’re too busy turning around to figure out what he’s talking about and not focusing on the game.
    Heard a whisper on the hill this arvo that Maitland used 5 players outside their PPS list if so it’s against the rules if they did do that and didn’t get approved by Federation. Jafs were looking into it if correct could alter result to 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Heard a whisper on the hill this arvo that Maitland used 5 players outside their PPS list if so it’s against the rules if they did do that and didn’t get approved by Federation. Jafs were looking into it if correct could alter result to 3-0.
    I have no idea how this works but I would have thought all the registered players should come under whatever the PPS limit is. So how can they select a starting XI that falls outside of it?

Some poor referreeing today at Olympic!! First goal ref gives a free kick outside of box for a handball from goalkeeper and gives him a yellow. He then refers to his assistant to be told it was inside the box. So how is then a penalty rewarded?? I thought a goalie is allowed within the box to touch the ball. Last goal just bad sportsmanship. Lessons learnt PLAY TO THE WHISTLE.
    Overall a very even entertaining game a draw would have been a fair result.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairgo;207***
    Some poor referreeing today at Olympic!! First goal ref gives a free kick outside of box for a handball from goalkeeper and gives him a yellow. He then refers to his assistant to be told it was inside the box. So how is then a penalty rewarded?? I thought a goalie is allowed within the box to touch the ball. Last goal just bad sportsmanship. Lessons learnt PLAY TO THE WHISTLE.
    Overall a very even entertaining game a draw would have been a fair result.
    Firstly

The ref got it right eventually

Virgili beat the keeper to the ball.

The keeper got Virgili.

Why it wasnt a pen straight away god only knows.

The linesman was 100% correct it was in the box by about 3metres

Ref by and large was incompetent all game really.

There was 1 play where 3 Olympic players could have got a yellow for hacks on Kale with 2 cast iron yellows in them

No one got one.

Then he books Simon Mooney for an innocuous foul that was a free kick but no more.

Go figure why he was blowing up

As for the last goal.
    Magic had the ball as Dino Faj was on the ground. They are entitled to do what they want with it.
    They chose to play on and caught Olympic sound asleep and square at the back

Exactly what Olympic can complain about has me perplexed.
    It was a well worked goal.

TBH the 4-2 result flattered Olympic. Magic were a lot better defensively bar 2 shoddy bits of defending which got punished.

Was a pretty solid domibant performance from them I thought

I have no idea how this works but I would have thought all the registered players should come under whatever the PPS limit is. So how can they select a starting XI that falls outside of it?
    Have since had a chance to look at rules on Northern website. Club is allowed to bring in up to 4 players from outside the 20 to 23 named in the PPS. Pies today apparently brought in 5 so that was what the talk was about up there today. Their ok if got approved before the game if not could be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Have since had a chance to look at rules on Northern website. Club is allowed to bring in up to 4 players from outside the 20 to 23 named in the PPS. Pies today apparently brought in 5 so that was what the talk was about up there today. Their ok if got approved before the game if not could be in trouble.
    Oh ok. Well at worst their GD will take a hit of -2, otherwise no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Firstly

The ref got it right eventually

Virgili beat the keeper to the ball.

The keeper got Virgili.

Why it wasnt a pen straight away god only knows.

The linesman was 100% correct it was in the box by about 3metres

Ref by and large was incompetent all game really.

There was 1 play where 3 Olympic players could have got a yellow for hacks on Kale with 2 cast iron yellows in them

No one got one.

Then he books Simon Mooney for an innocuous foul that was a free kick but no more.

Go figure why he was blowing up

As for the last goal.
    Magic had the ball as Dino Faj was on the ground. They are entitled to do what they want with it.
    They chose to play on and caught Olympic sound asleep and square at the back

Exactly what Olympic can complain about has me perplexed.
    It was a well worked goal.

TBH the 4-2 result flattered Olympic. Magic were a lot better defensively bar 2 shoddy bits of defending which got punished.

Was a pretty solid domibant performance from them I thought
    Agree ref was largely incompetent all game for many reasons. My question if a ref calls a decision even though it was wrong for a handball outside the box and gives a yellow for that decision and then awards a penalty for a different offence? which I think the goalie is entitled to go for the ball and they collided. I am a neutral and viewed the game as pretty end to end with no real dominance. I will have to watch the replay to see if I can see your view of dominance.
    You are right they are entitled to do what they want. The players had stopped magic players were calling for the ball to be kicked out. 99% of the time the ball would be kicked out. In my eyes and may be my eyes only that is poor sportsmanship.