Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 National Premier League thread

So in your theory Johnno are you saying that Maitland approached Nick Thompson and said you can't play FFA CUP with us Nick so you best leave the club and go and sign with Thornton so you can play in the cup with them ?
    Has Nick taken your place in the cup squad at Thornton Johnno ?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlack View Post
    So in your theory Johnno are you saying that Maitland approached Nick Thompson and said you can't play FFA CUP with us Nick so you best leave the club and go and sign with Thornton so you can play in the cup with them ?
    Has Nick taken your place in the cup squad at Thornton Johnno ?
    How about the fact he hasn’t played a minute of first grade and with his previous first grade experience at Weston, perhaps he just wasn’t happy with playing 20s??

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    How about the fact he hasn’t played a minute of first grade and with his previous first grade experience at Weston, perhaps he just wasn’t happy with playing 20s??
    This would make more sense to me than Johnno's FFA cup conspiracy theory Hamburgler.
    Obviously wants to be playing first grade football but can't break into Maitland's side so has chosen to move on to Thornton where he will walk into their starting 11.
    He can also play FFA cup now

This would make more sense to me than Johnno's FFA cup conspiracy theory Hamburgler.
    Obviously wants to be playing first grade football but can't break into Maitland's side so has chosen to move on to Thornton where he will walk into their starting 11.
    Only guessing but I heard (and it may be rubbish), he was signed for firsts but that just hasn’t happened

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Only guessing but I heard (and it may be rubbish), he was signed for firsts but that just hasn’t happened
    Most clubs are signing 15 or 16 players for their first grade squads nowadays hamburgler. He may have been signed as a first grade player but this doesn't mean he is guaranteed a starting spot does it ?
    It becomes a players decision to either stay at a club and fight for a starting 11 spot or take the easy option and move on to a lesser side or a lower division in search of first grade time. It looks like Nick Thompson chose the latter.
    Realistically it is happening across the whole league and coincides with the first transfer window opening on Monday.
    Thompson isn't the only player moving because of game time in firsts.
    Casiarolli leaving Charlestown because he is on the bench every week.
    Bailey leaving Olympic because he is playing 20's.
    Gardnerr leaving Valo
    And i am sure there will be a few more by next Wednesday changing clubs

Most clubs are signing 15 or 16 players for their first grade squads nowadays hamburgler. He may have been signed as a first grade player but this doesn't mean he is guaranteed a starting spot does it ?
    It becomes a players decision to either stay at a club and fight for a starting 11 spot or take the easy option and move on to a lesser side or a lower division in search of first grade time. It looks like Nick Thompson chose the latter.
    Realistically it is happening across the whole league and coincides with the first transfer window opening on Monday.
    Thompson isn't the only player moving because of game time in firsts.
    Casiarolli leaving Charlestown because he is on the bench every week.
    Bailey leaving Olympic because he is playing 20's.
    Gardnerr leaving Valo
    And i am sure there will be a few more by next Wednesday changing clubs
    spot on FB
    watch the player movements, sideways and backwards for most
    however bailey leaving olympic 20's for magic 20's ?

Quote Originally Posted by the big V;20***9
    Don't think Mr Minors will be in orange any time soon - I think that would be mutual and hasn't he cemented his place at Charlie?

Don't know Aden well enough to ask why he left but he had started most games and had only been subbed a couple of times I reckon- went on at half time in the Lakes debacle.
    Heard at work today he was signed as Casciaroli replacement and will be going into PPS but that wasn't from a Charlie fan it was from a guy who plays at Kahibah- who knows but I guess we will see next week when new PPS rosters come out

Big clubs just seem to be getting stronger in this window- don't know how its sustainable really

sound very very familiar

Not disputing your comments and agree with everything you have said. However the reason the player was told he couldn’t play in the FFA Cup and the catalyst for him leaving was that he had to be in PPS which is incorrect from what was posted earlier and therefore he was lied to by the Maitland Coach but hey wouldn’t be the first time that coach has not told the whole truth.

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    sound very very familiar
    bring back ned
    hows the hammy

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Not disputing your comments and agree with everything you have said. However the reason the player was told he couldn’t play in the FFA Cup and the catalyst for him leaving was that he had to be in PPS which is incorrect from what was posted earlier and therefore he was lied to by the Maitland Coach but hey wouldn’t be the first time that coach has not told the whole truth.
    Clearly you were party to the conversation?

Maybe read the rules associated with the FFA cup @Johnno re player quals rather than take a post as being gospel? Might mean you stop wasting time posting unsubstantiated rumours...

Quote Originally Posted by Oldboy View Post
    Maybe read the rules associated with the FFA cup @Johnno re player quals rather than take a post as being gospel? Might mean you stop wasting time posting unsubstantiated rumours...
    Maybe I have read the rules and until the Round of 32 a player does not have to be in PPS to play in the FFA Cup. Maybe I am close to the truth. Maybe you joined today because a raw nerve was hit. Maybe your a Maitland official.

Maybe I have read the rules and until the Round of 32 a player does not have to be in PPS to play in the FFA Cup. Maybe I am close to the truth. Maybe you joined today because a raw nerve was hit. Maybe your a Maitland official.
    If you had read the rules Johnno you should have told your mate Nick Thompson

@Johnno

You’re not your

Read rules = ✅
    Understood rules = ❌

Go the Redbacks 🕷
    Last edited by Oldboy; 28-04-2018 at 10:22 PM.

@Johnno

You’re not your

Read rules = ✅
    Understood rules = ❌

Go the Redbacks 🕷
    Again Oldboy Maitland Official you are wrong. Straight from Northern website under Regulations. I think 8.2.4 is what your looking for. Player is eligible to play up until around 32.

8.2. Overage Players (20 years and above) outside PPS
    8.2.1. Two (2) weeks prior to the commencement of the season clubs will be required to nominate a maximum of five (5) overage players who will be ineligible to play First Grade;
    8.2.2. Clubs are permitted to transfer the nominated overage players into the PPS Roster in two (2) nominated “windows” and/or in response to long term injuries;
    8.2.3. A maximum of two (2) of the five (5) nominated overage players can be included in the PPS at any one time;
    8.2.4. The five (5) overage players nominated at the start of the season are ineligible to represent the club in the FFA Cup (from the round of 32) and the FFA NPL Final Series;

Again Oldboy Maitland Official you are wrong. Straight from Northern website under Regulations. I think 8.2.4 is what your looking for. Player is eligible to play up until around 32.

8.2. Overage Players (20 years and above) outside PPS
    8.2.1. Two (2) weeks prior to the commencement of the season clubs will be required to nominate a maximum of five (5) overage players who will be ineligible to play First Grade;
    8.2.2. Clubs are permitted to transfer the nominated overage players into the PPS Roster in two (2) nominated “windows” and/or in response to long term injuries;
    8.2.3. A maximum of two (2) of the five (5) nominated overage players can be included in the PPS at any one time;
    8.2.4. The five (5) overage players nominated at the start of the season are ineligible to represent the club in the FFA Cup (from the round of 32) and the FFA NPL Final Series;
    Would seem maybe you are the Maitland Official given you knowledge of their decision making processes and conversations with Nick....

Would seem maybe you are the Maitland Official given you knowledge of their decision making processes and conversations with Nick....
    Your not you.
    Maybe he is Nick . That would explain tge bitterness and the knowledge. Get over it Johnno. Can't see any crime committed here

Maitland 3 Olympic 2

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    Maitland 3 Olympic 2
    Another loss!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Another loss!!
    Would you say Olympic are in all sorts